FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[KERNEL] M-Kernel [MOVED]

17th February 2013, 01:09 AM |#4001  
Metallice's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 5,104
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [KERNEL][3G+WIFI][4.2.2] M-Kernel - a37
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjknight413

Saw that and thought that could be what was doing it, but i was under the impression disabling drc would increase the volume if anything. Glad to know it isn't just my nexus being funny! Thanks for the explanation

Well DRC can be used to lower volume, but the most common use is to boost volume. Most modern music of all genres uses heavy dynamic range compression to boost volume.

Louder music sells better than higher quality music.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
The Following User Says Thank You to Metallice For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
17th February 2013, 01:10 AM |#4002  
xfrancis14's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
More
Re: [KERNEL][3G+WIFI][4.2.2] M-Kernel - a37
Quick question but my nexus 7 used to change normally but now it takes forever like it takes 3h to charge like 30 40 percent do you think it's kernel related?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
17th February 2013, 01:16 AM |#4003  
thereal_bigjake's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag centralia
Thanks Meter: 835
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [KERNEL][3G+WIFI][4.2.2] M-Kernel - a37
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfrancis14

Quick question but my nexus 7 used to change normally but now it takes forever like it takes 3h to charge like 30 40 percent do you think it's kernel related?

Are you using the stock charger and cord?
The reason I ask is that I tried using the cord from my kindle cause it was longer and it would only charge about 10% per hour.


Nexus 7 | PA 3.0 4.2.2 | M-kernel | Nova
17th February 2013, 01:17 AM |#4004  
xfrancis14's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
More
Re: [KERNEL][3G+WIFI][4.2.2] M-Kernel - a37
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereal_bigjake

Are you using the stock charger and cord?
The reason I ask is that I tried using the cord from my kindle cause it was longer and it would only charge about 10% per hour.


Nexus 7 | PA 3.0 4.2.2 | M-kernel | Nova

Mines about 10 percent per 45m with stock cable and charger

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Last edited by xfrancis14; 17th February 2013 at 01:20 AM.
17th February 2013, 03:42 AM |#4005  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 304
 
More
Re: [KERNEL][3G+WIFI][4.2.2] M-Kernel - a37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallice

Well DRC can be used to lower volume, but the most common use is to boost volume. Most modern music of all genres uses heavy dynamic range compression to boost volume.

Louder music sells better than higher quality music.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Sigh. Using compression to boost volume in playback is like the old saying; Make everything louder than everything else.

But M is right. It is (over)used to 'punch' up the sound in today's way over processed (popular) music. The only time I use it (when it is available) is when listening to music at low volumes, like going to sleep volume, to hold down big jumps in volume, and to not lose the quiet sounds completely

Using compression in recording or as an audio effect is a different matter.

I'm glad you took it out. It should only be a selectable feature. Less signal processing is good signal processing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ezas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 05:35 AM |#4006  
XxStechxX's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag ND
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Re: [KERNEL][3G+WIFI][4.2.2] M-Kernel - a37
Battery life seems decent 4 me on a37 uv mpu 75 2 cores running the last pub build. Just came from a clean slate so idk ten hrs down to 57%, 87% screen time. Mostly web browsing

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
17th February 2013, 05:53 AM |#4007  
Metallice's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 5,104
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [KERNEL][3G+WIFI][4.2.2] M-Kernel - a37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezas

Sigh. Using compression to boost volume in playback is like the old saying; Make everything louder than everything else.

But M is right. It is (over)used to 'punch' up the sound in today's way over processed (popular) music. The only time I use it (when it is available) is when listening to music at low volumes, like going to sleep volume, to hold down big jumps in volume, and to not lose the quiet sounds completely

Using compression in recording or as an audio effect is a different matter.

I'm glad you took it out. It should only be a selectable feature. Less signal processing is good signal processing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Well i would say its more like making everything just as loud as everything else.

Also i wouldn't say it is used to "punch" up music, as it actually does exactly the opposite. It eliminates the punch from music by making everything closer in volume.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
The Following User Says Thank You to Metallice For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 07:17 AM |#4008  
evilgenx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Re: [KERNEL][3G+WIFI][4.2.2] M-Kernel - a37




Really happy with the PA 4.2.2 NIGHTLY and m37. I'm amazed at how smooth yet power friendly this is. I completely rebuild my n7 for the 4.2.2 stuff starting with a install of latest stock. Really awesome job metal, no problems to report!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
17th February 2013, 07:21 AM |#4009  
xfrancis14's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
More
Re: [KERNEL][3G+WIFI][4.2.2] M-Kernel - a37
Metallice.. That charging problem I'm facing must me kernel related.. I just flashed franco kernel and now charging speed is 2m a percent with mkernel it was 5m I'll keep testing

*Edit* nvm they're about the same

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Last edited by xfrancis14; 17th February 2013 at 07:32 AM.
17th February 2013, 03:08 PM |#4010  
piupiu piu's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Is it important to update your bootloader? I 'm running android 4.2.2 and a 37 kernel works just fine. My current bootloader 4.13.also can i find zip bootloader? And how can i update my?
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes