Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Root the DNA

OP addictedhacks

16th February 2013, 11:42 PM   |  #11  
Member
Flag West New York, NJ
Thanks Meter: 15
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Help With Root
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS UNLOCKING THING!!! I just got the DNA on 2/14 and nothing is going through. I have been trying for the past two days. I try the CID.apk method...nada; HTCDev method...nada; tried flash RUU method...same crap. All failing!!! Do I need to return it and got another one???
17th February 2013, 12:34 AM   |  #12  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,669
 
2,337 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
Donate to Me
Re: Root the DNA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbidjey

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS UNLOCKING THING!!! I just got the DNA on 2/14 and nothing is going through. I have been trying for the past two days. I try the CID.apk method...nada; HTCDev method...nada; tried flash RUU method...same crap. All failing!!! Do I need to return it and got another one???

How about providing some actual, useable information. Like,what does "failing" mean exactly?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
17th February 2013, 01:23 AM   |  #13  
Member
Flag West New York, NJ
Thanks Meter: 15
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
You're right beaups, let me break it down:
-From the CID.apk method, I got the "VZW_001" in abd fastboot oem readcid, which I heard is a no go.
-At HTCDev I got the error code #160 message (MID Not allowed) when I pasted the token ID (from start to end, excluding the word INFO) that I obtained from fastboot oem get_ identifier_token.
-RUU.exe stated not to be able to update my device to 1.15xxx from 2.4.605.2
I don't know what else to do. I cannot retire my Droid 4 just yet because of that. Your help would be very appreciated.
17th February 2013, 01:26 AM   |  #14  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,669
 
2,337 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
Donate to Me
Re: Root the DNA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbidjey

You're right beaups, let me break it down:
-From the CID.apk method, I got the "VZW_001" in abd fastboot oem readcid, which I heard is a no go.
-At HTCDev I got the error code #160 message (MID Not allowed) when I pasted the token ID (from start to end, excluding the word INFO) that I obtained from fastboot oem get_ identifier_token.
-RUU.exe stated not to be able to update my device to 1.15xxx from 2.4.605.2
I don't know what else to do. I cannot retire my Droid 4 just yet because of that. Your help would be very appreciated.

Ok. Has your phone already taken the update? (What software version are you on?). If its been ota'd, there is no unlock method for you currently. And based on what I've found so far, there may not be one any time soon.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
17th February 2013, 02:13 AM   |  #15  
Member
Flag West New York, NJ
Thanks Meter: 15
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaups

Ok. Has your phone already taken the update? (What software version are you on?). If its been ota'd, there is no unlock method for you currently. And based on what I've found so far, there may not be one any time soon.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Yes I had an update as soon as I slipped my SIM card in. I am running the 2.4.605.2 version right now. Can the Jcase's exploit help me change the CID in order to unlock the bootloader via HTCDev?
17th February 2013, 02:19 AM   |  #16  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,669
 
2,337 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
Donate to Me
Re: Root the DNA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbidjey

Yes I had an update as soon as I slipped my SIM card in. I am running the 2.4.605.2 version right now. Can the Jcase's exploit help me change the CID in order to unlock the bootloader via HTCDev?

No. There is no method to unclock your phone at this time.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to beaups For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 04:10 AM   |  #17  
Member
Flag West New York, NJ
Thanks Meter: 15
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaups

No. There is no method to unclock your phone at this time.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2


That sucks...! Thanks though
The Following User Says Thank You to mrbidjey For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 07:04 AM   |  #18  
Daswolven's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Statesboro
Thanks Meter: 135
 
1,298 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Re: Root the DNA
http://goo.gl/zfwUo

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium
22nd February 2013, 07:33 AM   |  #19  
Member
Flag Augusta, GA.
Thanks Meter: 2
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaups

No. There is no method to unclock your phone at this time.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

As this is my first post I beg of you to take it a little easy on me. I am currently on the new OTA and have had the DNA for 5 days. I realize the lockdown on this phone is particularly harsh with this update so I am curious if I can return the phone to Verizon for a non-updated new one but I will need some type of ammo to go in there with to really get them to exchange it. The only problem I have had so far is that my financial pages for paying bills (Verizon included) and my expense reporting will not load. Perhaps this is a java error that the OTA may have caused and I am sure Verizon wants their money so that will be a way to win.

Are there any major issues with the current OTA I can add to my complaint list to get my hands on another one?

And yes, it is very rude to ask a dev if they are coming close to a solution but I am curious if it will be all for naught and the workaround is on the horizon or in the near future. I'm sure it's on many new owners' minds and they are scared to ask so let the noob bashing begin on me. I can take the abuse.

Knowing my luck I will come home from the store and blammo beaups and jcase have cracked it.

Update : Called Verizon, made claim, got a new in box sealed DNA, brought it home and went to work on it!

Proud owner now of a rooted, unlocked, s-off, rom and custom kernel running, new OTA radio, future updates from Verizon ota's blocked, bad boy of a DNA!
Last edited by Jaybone073; 25th February 2013 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Updated information

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes