Originally Posted by AliMoose
Can anyone help me with making a tasker profile that does these tasks? I have an NFC tag in my car. I want my phone to know when I'm in my car to:
* turn off WiFi
* keep mobile data turned on
* turn sync off until I step out of my car [is there a way to toggle with the NFC tag?]
* turn bluetooth on to connect to my car's bluetooth but turn it off once i'm out of my car [again, is this possible using an NFC tag?]
* pause my music to read an incoming message, ask if I want to reply, when I say yes to use my voice to respond to the message and play the music once that whole process is finished.
* If that's not possible I also wouldn't mind my phone sending an automated message saying i'm currently driving with my location and maybe even speed with the message "I'll message you back as soon as I can" [maybe have the gps turn on to use for this message and then turn off once the message is sent]
If someone can help me figure this out, I would extremely appreciate it. I've been trying for days now after reading websites over and over and I still can't get anything to work.
Download NFC ReTag. You can save NFC tags, which can be used to trigger Tasker tasks. Wifi is easy to set up, under Net. Mobile data cannot be toggled without root. You can use Secure Settings if you're rooted to toggle mobile data. Auto-sync can be set on/off under Net too. Having the bluetooth paired previously with the car should mean it connects automatically when bluetooth is turned on using the task. As for turning off, set up another profile, where you set a timeout for bluetooth not being connected for certain amount of time, then set the task to turn off bluetooth.
Pausing music can be done by setting up a profile with context for receive SMS, task setting a user variable to something. another profile to monitor the variable and stop music when a certain value is set. I'm not too sure whether that'd work on the music player you have though. exit task as pay music again.
As for reading SMSes, this link might help. http://tasker.wikidot.com/readsmswhileincardock
Just add a bit at the end clearing the variable to trigger music playback.
I'm unsure whether tasker supports voice input. There is an option for sending SMS automatically (without location) but I'm unsure how to get it to reply to the person who sent it. You may want to ask the developer directly.
Hope this clears at least some of the questions you had. I'm no expert on Tasker myself so take all this with a grain of salt