Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,638 Members 54,171 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Should Paranoid Android change to an AOSP base.
Yes, AOSP base with a few features from cm 279 63.41%
NO, stick with a cm base(current base) 161 36.59%
Voters: 440. You may not vote on this poll

[rom][8/1] paranoidandroid 3.91 | 4.3

Tip us?

jasonren29
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Default Re: PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 nightly(0414) (4.2.2) | Hybrid, Pie, Per App Color

On the subject of battery, anyone experience the charging time takes more than 5 hours from 0-100%? It takes more time to charge than I actually use this tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

xfrancis14
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Default Re: PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 nightly(0414) (4.2.2) | Hybrid, Pie, Per App Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonren29 View Post
On the subject of battery, anyone experience the charging time takes more than 5 hours from 0-100%? It takes more time to charge than I actually use this tablet.

Yes

jasonren29
Old
Thanks Meter 86

Whew, I thought I was the only one. I was about to return this thing. I own many android phones and none take this long. Also the stand by time is horrible.

No offense to anyone, coming from iPad, I do have to give apple credit to their battery life.

thereal_bigjake
Old
(Last edited by thereal_bigjake; 17th February 2013 at 01:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 529

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Mine seems to be taking about the same time to charge but I did notice the battery is lasting a lot longer since flashing 4.2.2.

Nexus 7 | PA 3.0 4.2.2 | M-kernel | Nova

Cliniclyinsane
Old
Thanks Meter 68

I can finally post in here, just wanted to thank everyone for this great software, my nexus 7 was dissapointing until i tried paranoid! Almost perfect keep up the hard work!

Paranoid 3+ nexus 7 w/m-kernel a37

knuckles1978
Old
(Last edited by knuckles1978; 17th February 2013 at 02:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 256

Should be 3 hours to fully charge from 0%, and I'm really happy with the life I get on my n7 with heavy use. Seems to charge just as quickly in heavy use too. I think that's why the 2A charger, I think around 1A is the maximum charging current drawn, and the extra 1A is there for if it is in use while charging, otherwise it wouldn't charge at all if you were.

Mine is a 32gb WiFi only, I'm using Asus 2A charger, and Asus USB cable which does feel like a heavier gauge cable than some generic cables, feels quite a bit more rigid. Someone did some testing with a multimeter, and different cables did affect the mA charge rate.

Search for the testing thread, it was quite thoroughly done. Different chargers, cables, and checked properly with a multimeter. But yeah, I get 8 or 9 hours of screen time with very heavy use, and I'm perfectly happy with the charge time. And stand by it loses 1 sometimes 2% overnight with WiFi just left on

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

uberbania
Old
Thanks Meter 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xentar712 View Post
It used 30% of 18%. Not that much really

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Nothing I'm worried about. I was at around two hours of screen time, but this didn't show up before 4.2.2 nightly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

jasonren29
Old
Thanks Meter 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckles1978 View Post
Should be 3 hours to fully charge from 0%, and I'm really happy with the life I get on my n7 with heavy use. Seems to charge just as quickly in heavy use too. I think that's why the 2A charger, I think around 1A is the maximum charging current drawn, and the extra 1A is there for if it is in use while charging, otherwise it wouldn't charge at all if you were.

Mine is a 32gb WiFi only, I'm using Asus 2A charger, and Asus USB cable which does feel like a heavier gauge cable than some generic cables. Someone did some testing with a multimeter, and different cables did affect the mA charge rate.

Search for the testing thread, it was quite thoroughly done. Different chargers, cables, and checked properly with a multimeter. But yeah, I get 8 or 9 hours of screen time with very heavy use, and I'm perfectly happy with the charge time.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
Ok. Cool. I am using charger and cable came with the device.

I was on stock 4.2.2 prior to this morning after I put on PA Rom. Hopefully it would help.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

xfrancis14
Old
Thanks Meter 71

Quote:
Whew, I thought I was the only one. I was about to return this thing. I own many android phones and none take this long. Also the stand by time is horrible.

No offense to anyone, coming from iPad, I do have to give apple credit to their battery life.

I think we may both have a hardware problem tho.. Cause we're the only one having this issue

lollyjay
Old
(Last edited by lollyjay; 17th February 2013 at 02:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 127

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebeam View Post
Really butt wipe! I have a job and a family and other obligations the require the time it would take me to search this or any thread. This is a community of people helping others and not just bashing because they quoted someone else having a Bluetooth problem and stated the problem I was having. I have been a member for a long time and I am willing to help anyone without being hateful or rude. So post your helpful point and go bash someone else! I mean really get a life!!!
Butt wipe? TROLL!

Nexus 7 WiFi 32Gb | PA 3.15 13-Apr-2013 | Nova Prime | Franco-Kernel r61
Nook Color | PA 3.15 30-Apr-2013 | Nova Prime | Stock Kernel

The Following User Says Thank You to lollyjay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
best rom ever
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe