Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,554 Members 36,376 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][RESTORE][5-12-13]Back to UNROOTED Stock with Auto Flash Count Reset

Tip us?
 
jyan_osu
Old
#141  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 85
Posts: 400
Join Date: Jan 2007
Ugh.. I think I might have messed up something. So I tried this and then it gave me an error on my phone..It rebooted and then it would just boot loop. Ok I thought I'll just Odin back .. but everytime I tried any TAR to Odin it would just stop at cache.img.. I am able to get into TWRP and when I tried a restore, it restored fine, but then it would say

E: Unable to mount /efs
E: Unable to mount /preload
E: Unable to mount /carrier

Of course it won't boot.. it stays stuck at Samsung Galaxy Note II screen.

I've tried various operations, megawipes and such and it would still give me that error on my Sprint Galaxy Note 2 at the end.

Can anyone help me please?
 
AirborneCmH
Old
#142  
AirborneCmH's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 140
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Michigan
Default Re: [ROM][RESTORE][1-13-13]Back to unrooted stock with auto flash count reset (FINAL

Maybe try this since your having carrier problems? Put this on your sd card. Go into your recovery and flash it. Then restore your back up and see if your phone boots. If it does then try to flash the zip in the thread again to unroot your phone. Also I would re download the unrooting zip file Billard posted. Maybe you had a bad download. It happens. Don't know if this will help but give it a shot.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658471951

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Note II
 
jyan_osu
Old
#143  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 85
Posts: 400
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneCmH View Post
Maybe try this since your having carrier problems? Put this on your sd card. Go into your recovery and flash it. Then restore your back up and see if your phone boots. If it does then try to flash the zip in the thread again to unroot your phone. Also I would re download the unrooting zip file Billard posted. Maybe you had a bad download. It happens. Don't know if this will help but give it a shot.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658471951

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Note II
No go
Failed
Says assert failed: package_extract_file ("tz.img","/dev/block/mmcblk0p2"_
E:Error in /external_sdcard/LJC-MA5-All-In-One.zip
(Status 7)


tried 2 different sd cards
 
AirborneCmH
Old
#144  
AirborneCmH's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 140
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Michigan
Default Re: [ROM][RESTORE][1-13-13]Back to unrooted stock with auto flash count reset (FINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyan_osu View Post
No go
Failed
Says assert failed: package_extract_file ("tz.img","/dev/block/mmcblk0p2"_
E:Error in /external_sdcard/LJC-MA5-All-In-One.zip
(Status 7)


tried 2 different sd cards
Don't know what happened to you. I ran the file and it worked just fine. What Odin version are you trying to use?

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Note II

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyan_osu View Post
No go
Failed
Says assert failed: package_extract_file ("tz.img","/dev/block/mmcblk0p2"_
E:Error in /external_sdcard/LJC-MA5-All-In-One.zip
(Status 7)


tried 2 different sd cards
Found this. Try it out. It won't hurt. Download and flash a stock kernel. Then down load a rooted stock rom and flash it 2 or 3 times. Won't hurt to try. If you get the error messages after flashing it twice, try to boot the phone up anyway after the 2 or 3 flashes.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2052802

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Note II
 
TADitto
Old
#145  
TADitto's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 95
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PHOENIX, AZ
Does anyone know or has anyone tried this with MA7 yet?
 
AirborneCmH
Old
#146  
AirborneCmH's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 140
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Michigan
Default Re: [ROM][RESTORE][1-13-13]Back to unrooted stock with auto flash count reset (FINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyan_osu View Post
No go
Failed
Says assert failed: package_extract_file ("tz.img","/dev/block/mmcblk0p2"_
E:Error in /external_sdcard/LJC-MA5-All-In-One.zip
(Status 7)


tried 2 different sd cards
Or try this as well. Just follow the directions.


http://www.androidgadgematic.com/201...-status-7.html

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Note II
 
jyan_osu
Old
(Last edited by jyan_osu; 17th February 2013 at 12:48 AM.)
#148  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 85
Posts: 400
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneCmH View Post
Don't know what happened to you. I ran the file and it worked just fine. What Odin version are you trying to use?

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Note II

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------



Found this. Try it out. It won't hurt. Download and flash a stock kernel. Then down load a rooted stock rom and flash it 2 or 3 times. Won't hurt to try. If you get the error messages after flashing it twice, try to boot the phone up anyway after the 2 or 3 flashes.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2052802

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Note II
I tried Odin 3.04 and 3.07 and 1.85

Just tried to flash SPH-L900_LJC_Stock_Kernal.zip failed Status 7 again then at the end i get
E:unable to mount '/efs'
E:unable to mount '/preload'
E:unable to mount '/carrier'

If I use the TWRP file manager I do see carrier, es, preload directories but they are empty

Tried to flash a Stock Rooted Rom and it says Error Status 1

I can't find CMW TAR for Sprint. I did a google search and a search here but came up with nothing.. is it even out yet? One site even said that CMW is still being built for the Sprint Note 2 so use TWRP instead. I'll need it as a TAR to flash via Odin as that seems to be the only way to get stuff working it seems as far as recovery goes.

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

OK this is interesting.. I updated to TWRP 2.4.1 from 2.3.1 and now I only see
E: Unable to mount '/efs'
E: Unable to mount '/preload'

the one for carrier is now gone....
 
AirborneCmH
Old
#149  
AirborneCmH's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 140
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Michigan
Default Re: [ROM][RESTORE][1-13-13]Back to unrooted stock with auto flash count reset (FINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneCmH View Post
Or try this as well. Just follow the directions.


http://www.androidgadgematic.com/201...-status-7.html

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Note II
Did you try this on your pc?

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Note II
 
jyan_osu
Old
#150  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 85
Posts: 400
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneCmH View Post
Did you try this on your pc?

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Note II
Yeah there is no assert.getprop in that file so it's not that..
It's failing on assert(package_extract_file( "tz.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p2"));

Tags
reset, restore, unbrick, unroot
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes