5,594,077 Members 47,038 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV][WIP] Enabling Google Wallet on the Note II

Tip us?

COCODRILO45
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Default Re: [DEV][WIP] Enabling Google Wallet on the Note II

Just follow ejisawakita guide it worked for me !

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

YourCancer01
Old
Thanks Meter 15

Haha so finely deleted all Google wallet items from phone wallet was working great but snote and polaris office was not and as often as I used them didn't care until I needed snote tonight haha took ten minutes downloaded the fixed maduco wallet file from this thread followed instructions and boom all is good waited and avoided doing it for about two weeks and if I can get it to work sure anyone else won't have a problem thanks for all who puts they're time into these forums and apps

B1aze
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Following ejisawakita's instructions it works flawlessly on stock 4.1.2 rooted. Thanks!
Samsung R210
Samsung T100
Nokia 3350
Nokia 6101
Motorola RAZR
Motorola SLVR
Motorola RIZR
BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220
HTC Magic (MyTouch 3G)
HTC Inspire 4G (Bad Idea)
HTC Sensation 4G
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Samsung Galaxy S5

seamonkey420
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Lightbulb so sick of this crap by tmobile...

so. i'm now making it one of my top projects to get tmobile to allow us to use Google Wallet w/o hacking our phones.

https://www.facebook.com/TMobile?fref=ts

we'll see how long my question stays on facebook but i plan to this same question each day and also plan to start robomailing their home office my complaint letter too...

sorry for the interruption, please continue your modding/hacking
Sony Xperia Z1 w/SW2 (T-Mobile, Stock ROM)
  • Google Glass v2 Explorer Edition
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi/4G (ATT, rooted)

tech-recipes
my tech blog
The Following User Says Thank You to seamonkey420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

safeplayer22
Old
(Last edited by safeplayer22; 14th February 2013 at 04:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by eijisawakita View Post
For jedi x roms or any 4.1.2 (i tried it with cmenards 4.1.2 rom)

1. Download the modaco google app from here thank him. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=35057332
2. Copy the modaco app to /system/app using root explorer, i used es file explorer
3. Change the permission to rwrr, for es explorer long press on the app, next to permission press change, under the read column, check all boxes, and the write column, check the user box, press ok, your permission will look like rw- r-- r--
4. Modify your /system/build.prop to emulate nexus using rom toolbox or text editor; quoting from the verizon forum:
ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
ro.product.name=yakju
product.device=maguro
5. Reboot your phone
6. Open google wallet app from app drawer and go through the setup, it takes a while to setup so be patient and wait. Go through the setup until completed. You will receive an email the you have successfully activated google wallet.
7. Just to be sure reboot and open your google wallet again make sure everything is working,
8. Revert your /system/build.prop to original
ro.product.model=SGH-T889
ro.product.name=t0ltetmo
product.device=t0ltetmo
9. Reboot your phone again and try it out.
I think CVS and mcdonalds dropped Google Wallet for ISIS, so far I managed to get it to work in rite aid, radioshack, staples, jamba juice, office max, and those vending machines with paypass. Weird thing is sometimes transactions go through immediately without punching my pin especially with paypass vending machines even though the app will ask you for a pin code. Transcations are usually not updated everytime you make a purchase but google will email you for every transactions that went through.
Footnote, for troubleshooting find heart_crafters post. Thank him also. I think its on page 28ish.
Final note, go show your iFriends what they are missing. I have a friend the brags how classy and elegant his iP5 is and the its features that can store ticket, shoot panoramic display, do not disturb and retina display until I showed him my Note 2, its tap to top feature, wave to preview, message to call, and, what made him admit that his latest and greatest phone is nothing compared to our beast, Google wallet.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
I know it says it's for Jedi 4.1.2 rom, but will this work on stock 4.1.1 rooted? If yes, which of the Modaco apk should I d/l, the r96-v13.apk?

Tried and it does not work on stock 4.1.1 rooted.
The Following User Says Thank You to safeplayer22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

B1aze
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by safeplayer22 View Post
I know it says it's for Jedi 4.1.2 rom, but will this work on stock 4.1.1 rooted? If yes, which of the Modaco apk should I d/l, the r96-v13.apk?
I used com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel.modaco.1.6-R96-v13.apk from the first post on stock 4.1.2 rooted with no issues whatsoever following eijisawakita's instructions.
Samsung R210
Samsung T100
Nokia 3350
Nokia 6101
Motorola RAZR
Motorola SLVR
Motorola RIZR
BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220
HTC Magic (MyTouch 3G)
HTC Inspire 4G (Bad Idea)
HTC Sensation 4G
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Samsung Galaxy S5

safeplayer22
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1aze View Post
I used com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel.modaco.1.6-R96-v13.apk from the first post on stock 4.1.2 rooted with no issues whatsoever following eijisawakita's instructions.
I think it is because i'm on odexed stock 4.1.1.

eijisawakita
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by safeplayer22 View Post

Tried and it does not work on stock 4.1.1 rooted.
Try searching for heart_crafters post here. He made an excellent guide about Installing wallet. Anyway, I dont know if it will work with odexed 4.1.1, but when I tried to install wallet on deodexed 4.1.1, I downloaded the OPs zip file here, not the one in verizons forum. In addition with the modaco apk in verizons forum, I also copied and pasted the /etc/nfcee_access.xml file and all the files in lib folder except for hw folder in the zip file. I did not bother replacing nfc.apk, npktest.apk, and hw.
The Following User Says Thank You to eijisawakita For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DMen81
Old
Thanks Meter 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1aze View Post
Yup I also used v13 from here, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2031127

Google wallet WORKING on Note 2. And followed eijisawakita's directions on page 24 of this thread. Flawless, already made a purchase today, I'm rooted running custom rom MyRom Revolution v4.5 on android 4.1.2.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361856052805.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	1761572  
The Following User Says Thank You to DMen81 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cjunior
Old
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
do they have anything else besides google wallet that we can use i live in MA is frustating that we have to go true all of that sinse the phone alreday have NFC and no other company developed anything as of yet?