Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 40,371 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ONE-CLICK] Automated Freedom-Boot and TWRP installer

Tip us?

hillconnor13
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Thanks bro and i subscribed so ill get notifications straight away

ursulavasey
Old
Thanks Meter 26
I have a KF2 (non HD) which is rooted and has both superuser and SuperSU. I rooted via this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2075959.

I then tried to use KFU to install TWRP and other stuff, but I couldn't get it to mount in any mode. ADB was online, but the mode showed as unknown, so I couldn't do anything with it. I have installed Google Play, and various launchers, etc, but I can't do anything that requires access to recovery, as I have no recovery on the Kindle. If I install and run this app/script, will this give me access to TWRP, and therefore full root and recovery access? What are the risks involved?

I am no stranger to rooting Android devices and installing roms, etc, but the background stuff on the Kindle is new to me, so I am still finding my way around this stuff. I would be grateful for any help offered to me. TIA.

hillconnor13
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Could brick but that's the worst possible thing do it right no risks im running cm10.1perfectly don't forget <<thanks button :P
The Following User Says Thank You to hillconnor13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ursulavasey
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillconnor13 View Post
Could brick but that's the worst possible thing do it right no risks im running cm10.1perfectly don't forget <<thanks button :P

It's the risk of bricking that worries me. Also, do I run the script as admin, by right clicking and selecting that option, or do I just run it normally. I'm on a Windows 8 laptop, if that makes a difference.

yudanjah
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Use the wireless option!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulavasey View Post
It's the risk of bricking that worries me. Also, do I run the script as admin, by right clicking and selecting that option, or do I just run it normally. I'm on a Windows 8 laptop, if that makes a difference.
Download the APK (Wireless install option via app) at the beginning of this thread. It worked perfectly for my KF2 (regular). It changes the screen, and provides a boot menu. (I had to get used to boot menu.)

Joe
The Following User Says Thank You to yudanjah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ursulavasey
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by yudanjah View Post
Download the APK (Wireless install option via app) at the beginning of this thread. It worked perfectly for my KF2 (regular). It changes the screen, and provides a boot menu. (I had to get used to boot menu.)

Joe
Cheers Joe, that worked brilliantly. I now have TWRP on my Kindle. Thanks a bunch for your help mate.

Hinzman420
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Default Re: [ONE-CLICK] Automated Freedom-Boot and TWRP installer

May be a noob question but can i use this method for the Kindle Fire HD 7". And if not is there a way to get one for the HD?

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app

iytrix
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinzman420 View Post
May be a noob question but can i use this method for the Kindle Fire HD 7". And if not is there a way to get one for the HD?

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app
I would not. It was not meant for that device, nor has anyone tried it....I mean, if you have a fastboot cable handy, and don't mind unbricking something.....sure you can try it. Unless Kilo knows more, sometimes software overlaps for device, but because I don't REALLY know how this script works, I can't say what the outcome would be. It could do nothing, or it could do something, something bad, or something good, no one really knows.

What you're looking for though, is the guides for your device, which I shall link below.

I am assuming you have root since you're here....

Use this guide by Hashcode.

If you need the guide to rooting still, that is here.
The Following User Says Thank You to iytrix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fmkilo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 187

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iytrix View Post
I would not. It was not meant for that device, nor has anyone tried it....I mean, if you have a fastboot cable handy, and don't mind unbricking something.....sure you can try it. Unless Kilo knows more, sometimes software overlaps for device, but because I don't REALLY know how this script works, I can't say what the outcome would be. It could do nothing, or it could do something, something bad, or something good, no one really knows.

What you're looking for though, is the guides for your device, which I shall link below.

I am assuming you have root since you're here....

Use this guide by Hashcode.

If you need the guide to rooting still, that is here.
the images are different.. I have it but its on my other hdd

Also, I don't have the apk for it. (never been tested either. it's only the desktop script. and it uses the same exact script with different images)
FMKilo @ forum.xda-developers
freenode irc #kf2-dev

charlieb620
Old
Thanks Meter 1927
Default Re: [ONE-CLICK] Automated Freedom-Boot and TWRP installer

Used the apk and everything worked perfect.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe