Htc flash to boost mobile guide [noob]

2nd February 2013, 05:49 PM   |  #961  
Jax Fl
Thanks Meter: 125

420 posts
Donate to Me
To use any sprint phone on boost, other then the few older non androids that are in boost esn database, you need to start with a donor phone that is already boost branded.
16th February 2013, 08:12 PM   |  #962  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Re: Htc flash to boost mobile guide [noob]
I could really use some help getting my evo to boost. I've pieced together all the necessary steps as far as I know and I can't get activated. I get an error 1016 and account can not be authenticated.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using xda app-developers app
17th February 2013, 12:58 AM   |  #963  
Flag Everywhere
Thanks Meter: 293

502 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigron

I could really use some help getting my evo to boost. I've pieced together all the necessary steps as far as I know and I can't get activated. I get an error 1016 and account can not be authenticated.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using xda app-developers app

Are you sure it isn't error 16? That is what it sounds like. Does it say that at the end of a message when you try to make a call? If so you need to log into your boost acct online and swap out handsets then swap back and that will clear the error 16. If you do not have an extra boost phone PM me and I will help you do it.

Hope this helps and good luck!
17th February 2013, 02:32 AM   |  #964  
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 1,231

1,949 posts
Donate to Me
More
can call boost and have them reset your phone. I had a boost account on a evo and called them up and just had them reset me and bam.
just saying.
17th February 2013, 11:16 AM   |  #965  
Flag Everywhere
Thanks Meter: 293

502 posts
Donate to Me
More
Bam, and then sprint knows what you are doing when they have to fix your error 16. They can't/aren't doing anything about it yet, but I am glad that I know I'm not on that list so no possible future repercussions. Just saying........

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
17th February 2013, 02:04 PM   |  #966  
Recognized Themer

1,949 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klown80

Bam, and then sprint knows what you are doing when they have to fix your error 16. They can't/aren't doing anything about it yet, but I am glad that I know I'm not on that list so no possible future repercussions. Just saying........

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

lol, nice thanks for marking me.
a simple I rather not do that but thanks for the reply.

to reply to your response let me change my first reply to this so you better understand what i was telling you to try,
I would call boost and tell them your having a problem with your phone after trying to do a sofware update your phone
seems to be acting up and is not functioning right, then they will walk you through the procedures to do this and that.
tons of people I told to do this walked away first shot fully functional phone. you might even get a new msl from them aswell

anyways its your choice do what you will with my advice.
ty
18th February 2013, 06:30 PM   |  #967  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Question Mobile Network unavailable
OK so I have been searching for the last 4 days and have come up with nothing. I decided to Root my boost htc evo design 4g so i got the guide from android forums and i unlocked it just fine got root fine used heaven rom and now i have no mobile service so i went back to stock rom and tried all over and same result in stock rom no service so i decided use another heaven rom that i was assured was for boost and still no mobile service i tired factory reset and when it tries to do the hand free connect i get call sprint or *2 so i called boost and they cant pull my phone up they say its unavailable so im thinking my phone is trying to access sprint network via sprint instead of boost on a sprint network. any ideas how to fix .. my phone number comes back as 000 000 0079
18th February 2013, 08:41 PM   |  #968  
Recognized Themer

1,949 posts
Donate to Me
More
Did you have mobile service after root, before u flashed Rom.

My guess is you lost your AA and HA
Keys, this could happen if wiped system before u flashed a Rom. If you made a backup of your system I might be able to get it back
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vinman12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 09:18 PM   |  #969  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinman12

Did you have mobile service after root, before u flashed Rom.

My guess is you lost your AA and HA
Keys, this could happen if wiped system before u flashed a Rom. If you made a backup of your system I might be able to get it back
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I didnt know how to back my phone files and i had paid for titanium pro and it needed root so i decided to root it rookie mistake i am kicking myself for number one rule in my field is make a back up I am a computer tech so i fudged up there and no had service before root and lost it after
18th February 2013, 10:06 PM   |  #970  
Recognized Themer

1,949 posts
Donate to Me
More
yeah well thats a problem.I know those keys are for data 3g, but im pretty sure if you know your msl keys and you go into ##your_msl_number_here# edit mode
and enter your msid, and phone number that might get you back up and running as far as phone service. and im pretty sure ##data# you can edit other stuff in there you may have wiped out.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread