Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 42,920 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

RAZR HD XT925 Rogers/Fido now receiving Jelly bean!

Tip us?

bluefoxreg
Old
(Last edited by bluefoxreg; 17th February 2013 at 07:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDemos View Post
I did not see any errors. I had to manually reboot myself.

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Also:

WARNING! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FACTORY RESET FROM ROM! IT WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE! Only from recovery will work without error.

I spent about an hour trying to get out of a soft-brick. It was on an endless bootloop with the dead Android. After button mashing many different ways to get out of the dead Android that was trying to reset, I got to the options and went to AP Fastboot and re-flashed ICS. That was the only way to fix it.
You were lucky you were able to re-flash ICS. I was fiddling around with the fastboot.bat and noticed other 4.1.2 rom has partition flash but this one doesn't. So I added it, at first it seem okay, since it doesn't do much, but then I realized it is preventing me to go back to 4.0.4 ICS since its a downgrade!?!?!?!?! Great, now I can't flash 4.1.2 because preflash validation, and can't flash 4.0.4 because its downgrade. Totally stuck now...

On a side note, there's an error in the fastboot.bat, this line

Windows\fastboot flash rpm_signed JBUpdate/rpm_signed

should be

Windows\fastboot flash rpm JBUpdate/rpm_signed

Since there's no partition rpm_signed, but I guess that doesn't make much difference for people that were able to successfully flash their system since this is just being skipped....
The Following User Says Thank You to bluefoxreg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maks.xt925
Old
(Last edited by maks.xt925; 17th February 2013 at 10:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by danifunker View Post
To those who want to try to get back onto Rogers Stock - Jelly Bean edition.

chgrbt from XDA has provided me with a user generated fastboot file. After one person tried it on here, they weren't successful so I added some extra steps to the flash process.

This is about a 600mb download, but it's been chopped it up into different pieces at 100mb each
- and copy the contents of that ZIP file to where you have the XML. It will replace the fastboot.bat with one that has additional commands, and also adds some extra files that I noticed in the Rogers RAZR update ZIP, but not in the XML file.

You CANNOT flash this with RSDLite, you must use the replaced fastboot.bat file (windows only at this point). I haven't altered the Linux or MacOS scripts yet.

Download files 1-6 and extract them, then extract the contents from file 7 to the same folder (replacing fastboot.bat). Run this new fastboot.bat file and try it... You should be on Rogers JB Stock (with rooted) after this process, but I can't guarantee. Let me know if there are any problems, I hope this works!

If this post helped you please thank me and the one above this one by chgrbt!
i've tried that but nothing gonna changes, after reboot phone on bootloop with recovery screen, when i get in the boot options menu and select normal booting/factory/bp tools it boot, but stuck on the fido logo seems like bootloader don't flash anything, but its unlocked (in the fastboot:
"device is UNLOCKED status code: 3", and warning bootloader unlocked logo instead M logo). Will try to relock the bootloader via motorola support, and then reflash it. Maybe it restore bootloader flasher

UserDemos
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefoxreg View Post
You were lucky you were able to re-flash ICS. I was fiddling around with the fastboot.bat and noticed other 4.1.2 rom has partition flash but this one doesn't. So I added it, at first it seem okay, since it doesn't do much, but then I realized it is preventing me to go back to 4.0.4 ICS since its a downgrade!?!?!?!?! Great, now I can't flash 4.1.2 because preflash validation, and can't flash 4.0.4 because its downgrade. Totally stuck now...

On a side note, there's an error in the fastboot.bat, this line

Windows\fastboot flash rpm_signed JBUpdate/rpm_signed

should be

Windows\fastboot flash rpm JBUpdate/rpm_signed

Since there's no partition rpm_signed, but I guess that doesn't make much difference for people that were able to successfully flash their system since this is just being skipped....
You can downgrade. You just need to delete certain lines that prevent the downgrade from the XML file. I forgot which thread I found it in here, but there are instructions.\

Also, because of the error, am I still rocking the ICS partitions or signed rpm, or whatever?

felcom
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Re: RAZR HD XT925 Rogers/Fido now receiving Jelly bean!

Quote:
Download files 1-6 and extract them, then extract the contents from file 7 to the same folder (replacing fastboot.bat). Run this new fastboot.bat file and try it... You should be on Rogers JB Stock (with rooted) after this process, but I can't guarantee. Let me know if there are any problems, I hope this works!

If this post helped you please thank me and the one above this one by chgrbt!
Hi I want to try this but I'm a newb when it comes to android. Once I download the files. I extract 1-6 to a folder. Then extract 7 and I assume there will be some replacement files for some from 1-6...Then I'm confused... When you run the fastboot file... Do you mean just run it in Windows? If so then what does it mean try it? Do I have to be rooted to use this method? Based on what I think, after I do the steps you said, would I pack it all into a zip file call it update.zip and run it from the sd card? Is that what you mean by 'trying it'? Sorry if it's a stupid question...I just really wanna get my phone back on the correct software. I never messed around with the phone. Future Tel put this software on when I sent it in for service... Now I can't get JB. Thanks.

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

danifunker
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 239

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by felcom View Post
Hi I want to try this but I'm a newb when it comes to android. Once I download the files. I extract 1-6 to a folder. Then extract 7 and I assume there will be some replacement files for some from 1-6...Then I'm confused... When you run the fastboot file... Do you mean just run it in Windows? If so then what does it mean try it? Do I have to be rooted to use this method? Based on what I think, after I do the steps you said, would I pack it all into a zip file call it update.zip and run it from the sd card? Is that what you mean by 'trying it'? Sorry if it's a stupid question...I just really wanna get my phone back on the correct software. I never messed around with the phone. Future Tel put this software on when I sent it in for service... Now I can't get JB. Thanks.

I think your bootloader needs to be unlocked for this fix to work... Not sure how you can go about getting your phone updated to JB but this would totally botch your warranty if you tried to claim it. I'm also not sure if the Firmware team will be successful with their search for an updated firmware for Rogers, since it's been quite confusing. You might just want to hold off on anything right now.

felcom
Old
Thanks Meter 1

Quote:
I think your bootloader needs to be unlocked for this fix to work... Not sure how you can go about getting your phone updated to JB but this would totally botch your warranty if you tried to claim it. I'm also not sure if the Firmware team will be successful with their search for an updated firmware for Rogers, since it's been quite confusing. You might just want to hold off on anything right now.
Ok thanks for the heads up. Wow these phones are confusing. Why can't we just downloaded an update from the Motorola site and install. Why do they complicate it like that. I know I'm not as techy as most people on the forum... But it's a freakin phone.... It shouldn't be this complicated! So frustrating....

danifunker
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 239

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Ok thanks for the heads up. Wow these phones are confusing. Why can't we just downloaded an update from the Motorola site and install. Why do they complicate it like that. I know I'm not as techy as most people on the forum... But it's a freakin phone.... It shouldn't be this complicated! So frustrating....

It's supposed to be that easy if you're on stock Rogers firmware .492002. What is your system version? Can you take a screenshot?

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2
Need help restoring your Motorola phone back to stock firmware? Check out my tutorial here

felcom
Old
Thanks Meter 1

Quote:
It's supposed to be that easy if you're on stock Rogers firmware .492002. What is your system version? Can you take a screenshot?

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2
Unfortunately I'm on 49003. Which for some reason can't get the ota update. I sent my phone in for repairs to Future Tel and the work order said they re flashed the software... Now I'm on 49003...I'm not sure what I was on before. I wasn't aware there are 2 versions. Now I'm not getting an update...I know I can send the phone back to have them re flash to 49202 but I don't have a back up phone anymore. I just sold my s2...a phone that was from 2011 which had JB by the way...

biKF
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Unfortunately I'm on 49003. Which for some reason can't get the ota update. I sent my phone in for repairs to Future Tel and the work order said they re flashed the software... Now I'm on 49003...I'm not sure what I was on before. I wasn't aware there are 2 versions. Now I'm not getting an update...I know I can send the phone back to have them re flash to 49202 but I don't have a back up phone anymore. I just sold my s2...a phone that was from 2011 which had JB by the way...

Did you by chance try to do an upgrade yourself before the OTA was released? Or did you buy it already at 49003?
Device: Motorola RAZR HD LTE XT925
Carrier: Koodo
Recent devices: LG Nitro HD P930

SickBeast
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Danifunker, your rooted JB ROM does not work on Fido. I get stuck at a Rogers logo. Thanks for trying at least. I wish this weren't so frustrating.