Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,471 Members 40,677 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Micro SD Card Problems

Tip us?

jaydiamonds
Old
Thanks Meter 4
+1

Swapped my Sandisk for a friends PNY. Fine ever since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyshemi View Post
Samsung is fine ive made a thread a while back about this I do believe its the 32 gig san disk cards I bought a samsung and works fine . The sandisk started doing it in my wifes gs3 I thinks its just there cards tbh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

srtpusher
Old
Thanks Meter 11
my wifes 32gb sandisk also crapped out. didn't work in her phone, my note II, or pc in several different readers. tried for a few days and nothing. i put it in the pc a week later and up pops the card. quickly d/l everything off the card.

so weird

nivek_k2020
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I can't believe a reliable card made by Sandisk is giving issues, guess I'll get a samsung card next time.
Phone: Samsung SGH-i717R
Rom : BlackStar X (ICS 4.0.4)
Build: IMM76D.UCLF6
Kernal: 3.0.8 (BlackStar stock kernal)

Old Phones:
----------------

Samsung M100 - Retired
Motorola Razr V3 - Sold
Samsung i617 BlackJack II - Sold
Samsung Vibrant SGH-T959 - Sold
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Sold

Astom22
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Default Re: Micro SD Card Problems

Had the same issue with my card, removing and re attaching constantly. Got SanDisk to replace it, just took about 7 days turnaround time. New one is still working fine. Let's hope it stays that way.

Sent using Galaxy Note 2 w/ CleanROM 4.0.5

riprod
Old
Thanks Meter 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astom22 View Post
Had the same issue with my card, removing and re attaching constantly. Got SanDisk to replace it, just took about 7 days turnaround time. New one is still working fine. Let's hope it stays that way.

My Sandisk 32 GB also had this issue. Can you expand on the steps you took to get Sandisk to replace your card?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

srtpusher
Old
Thanks Meter 11

My 64 and 16 are both great. Only the 32 is having an issue. This seems to have a very high failure rate for a reputable chip maker...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Astom22
Old
Thanks Meter 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by riprod View Post
My Sandisk 32 GB also had this issue. Can you expand on the steps you took to get Sandisk to replace your card?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app
Contcted through their website first, then called their customer service number for their site. It will go faster if you tell them it is mounting and un mounting in your phone and doing the same on your computer. Because my computer would register it, I they wanted to wait and see if it would fail on my mac. I believe the response to my online query through their site got me response to send it back. They sent me a packing label and everything.

Sorry to ramble, but go through their site and you will have a new one in about 7 days.

If none of this made sense, sorry, I'm tired. Pm me questions and I will do my best to be more clear. Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to Astom22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bigjim1488
Old
Thanks Meter 109

I gave up and started to use Dropbox more. I'm not happy about it but it is what it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Give Dropbox a try for easy file sharing. Use my referral link and help me get more space! http://db.tt/6qeoiYa

Rockamakis
Old
Thanks Meter 9

I've been having this problem as well. I figured it was just an issue with the phone because the card works ekse where. One thing I've noticed is when it says the sd card has been removed I can go into my files and pull up what I need. I just can't go directly into the app to open it (I.e. gallery or music player).

Astom22
Old
Thanks Meter 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockamakis View Post
I've been having this problem as well. I figured it was just an issue with the phone because the card works ekse where. One thing I've noticed is when it says the sd card has been removed I can go into my files and pull up what I need. I just can't go directly into the app to open it (I.e. gallery or music player).
I have tried everything they suggest to fix it, multiple reformats, both internal and with a computer. Once it starts doing that, it won't stop. It's the card, not sure what, but it's just a bad card.

My new one is working fine, so far.

Tags
micro sd card