Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[MODS] VALK8 ->UPDATE! |23Toggles|UMW|CallREC|PopupBrowser|4.2KIT|TRANSPA |WifiTether

OP TEKHD

17th February 2013, 06:02 PM   |  #261  
Recognized Developer
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 125

865 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [MODS] VALK8 ->UPDATE! |23Toggles|UMW|CallREC|PopupBrowser|4.2KIT|TRANSPA |WifiTe
Make sure both xml are rw- --- --- permission
And db should be r-- --- ---

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
26th February 2013, 03:28 PM   |  #262  
Recognized Developer
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 125

865 posts
Donate to Me
More
anyone tried USB tethering yet ?
27th February 2013, 12:22 AM   |  #263  
Thanks Meter: 15

54 posts
Popup and toggles
Hi guys man I got the side bar to install and love it, but for some odd reason the toggles will not work keep getting UI stoped working, for the popup and the toggles, what am I doing wrong also the call recording is not working, is there a trick to it.??? thanks.
Last edited by dalephill2; 27th February 2013 at 12:24 AM.
27th February 2013, 01:00 AM   |  #264  
Flag Otizzle
Thanks Meter: 77

292 posts
Has there been an update to the tethering mod?

Sent from my Note II
27th February 2013, 03:47 AM   |  #265  
Flag Greenfield, WI
Thanks Meter: 239

526 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalephill2

Hi guys man I got the side bar to install and love it, but for some odd reason the toggles will not work keep getting UI stoped working, for the popup and the toggles, what am I doing wrong also the call recording is not working, is there a trick to it.??? thanks.

• I can actually help you out here. Just a couple questions for you though. In know it says 4.2 kit in the description but that don't mean that everything in here is for 4.2 roms, but has a few apk's from 4.2 roms like the camera app, to be added to a 4.1.2 rom, even though the camera don't fully work anyway cause it crashes if you use the flash but works for anything without flash. So 1st are you using 4.1.1 or a 4.1.2 rom, cause if 4.1.2 this will cause problems cause of the different base, you would even start noticing problems with the sidebar once you start using certain multi window apps.
  • 2nd, if you actually are using a 4.1.1 ROM, did you have another theme flashed because that would also cause problems when flashing these toggles & toggle theme to your ROM. & when you say toggles are you speaking of the toggles in the pulldown menu? cause if so that would be cause more than likely you other parts of another theme are flashed along with it causing problems or the main problem that can be causing this i will let you know of next.
  • 3rd, & 1 big thing here, if using a 4.1.1 rom which this is for, If you are flashing the toggle theme, just like listed in the opening page of the thread, you will have to go to the market and get a app like es file explorer, grant it superuser permissions in settings, go all the way down to the bottom of the settings menu, and check to mount system as writable, then go to the system/app folder & delete the toggle mod that would be in that rom out before flashing the toggle mod in this theme cause it will cause problems if you have the toggle mod already in your rom then flash this toggle mod on top of it.
  • Here's a little of my own personal info which can help you alot when flashing your ROM without having to flash these mods. I just go the easy route and open up the ROM before even flashing it with an easy zip opening program like winrar on my computer, Then go into the system/app folder and delete the old files, if any, then add these apk's into the ROM before even flashing it, then flash the ROM which reduces the need for flashing any of these things after flashing the ROM because i already put them in the ROM before flashing the ROM instead of flashing these mods one by one. All they are is a bunch of apk's that go into the system/app folder and can be easily added to that folder before flashing the ROM. Hope this wasn't to confusing. Pretty big post but decently detailed and to the point , Hope i helped ya out
The Following User Says Thank You to sIpInWiT mYdRoId For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2013, 04:47 AM   |  #266  
Thanks Meter: 15

54 posts
Re: [MODS] VALK8 ->UPDATE! |23Toggles|UMW|CallREC|PopupBrowser|4.2KIT|TRANSPA |WifiTe
I appreciate the response, I am on 4.1.1
The side bar seems to work just fine, I might have skiped a step or two. And deleted the apk instead of the ui, I started over after restoring, and low and behold its working. Seems to be a slight sluggish for some reason. But is working. The only thing that im needing is the call record, that is not working. Again thanks
Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361936411275.jpg
Views:	619
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	1764534  
28th February 2013, 08:25 AM   |  #267  
Flag Greenfield, WI
Thanks Meter: 239

526 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalephill2

I appreciate the response, I am on 4.1.1
The side bar seems to work just fine, I might have skiped a step or two. And deleted the apk instead of the ui, I started over after restoring, and low and behold its working. Seems to be a slight sluggish for some reason. But is working. The only thing that im needing is the call record, that is not working. Again thanks
Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

It shows in your screen shot you are on a valk4 rom, these are for a valk8 rom, that might be why the call record dont work and the reason for the sluggishness.
9th March 2013, 09:51 PM   |  #268  
Flag Otizzle
Thanks Meter: 77

292 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sIpInWiT mYdRoId

It shows in your screen shot you are on a valk4 rom, these are for a valk8 rom, that might be why the call record dont work and the reason for the sluggishness.

I've used most these mods on uvall4and they work. I specially used call recorder and no issues.

Sent from my Note II
9th March 2013, 10:46 PM   |  #269  
Thanks Meter: 12

99 posts
Question how to get any apps on multiwindow ?
guys,

i have a question about this "unlimited multiwindow" feature : how to get any apps working on multi window ?
i dragged some useless apps from multiwindow side bar as i thought i would be able to add any apps i want. but i can not get rid of those unwanted apps.

thank you.
Last edited by mailistman; 9th March 2013 at 10:48 PM.
19th March 2013, 10:46 PM   |  #270  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 3

40 posts
More
T889uvbmb4?
Has anyone tried these patches with the new 4.1.2/LTE update that was released on 3/18 (version T889UVBMB4)?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread