Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,749 Members 51,053 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Notifications glitch

Tip us?

Hirabi12
Old
(Last edited by Hirabi12; 7th February 2013 at 02:50 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Notifications glitch

Ok, so I purchased this NOTE II on Black Friday. I have not rooted it. I am having a little issue with this phone doing something weird.
I use Go SMS, Facebook, Twitter, Page Manager, Gtalk and Gmail app. I usually set up costumed notifications and for all apps I use. I just like to tell things apart by the sound. Anyway, after a while all my notification sounds reset to default (silent) and vibrate. It's weird. I have un installed updates,turned off nfc, removed GoSMS, I have re updated , resetted my phone to factory defaults twice and it keeps happening...I have a feeling that the Block setting can go hay wire and causes it.

Anyone has any ideas how I can stop this, fix this or prevent it? What is the cure?

Craniotomy
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Default Re: [Q] Notifications glitch

I think it has to do with your sd card, when i got my s3, i transferred my music and custom notification in my sd, made a folder same spelling as the notification, ring tone folders in the internal sd so the phone will show you all the notification tone and music when your selecting custom tones. When i plug my s3 to my computer to transfer more, your pc had the priority with your sd, so your phone goes back to default. So i just set it up again.