FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Printing from the Infinity (and Android in general)

14th February 2013, 09:15 PM |#51  
lartomar2002's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Near Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Thanks Meter: 108
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodintentions

Printershare is a great app. It's the only one that allows usb printing.

Viewsonic Gtab for Dummies was my Bible when I was as rooting my Gtab.It was my first experience with android and your site was a blessing. I am not sure I understand what you mean by usb printing?
 
 
17th February 2013, 01:25 PM |#52  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Re: Printing from the Infinity (and Android in general)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lartomar2002

Viewsonic Gtab for Dummies was my Bible when I was as rooting my Gtab.It was my first experience with android and your site was a blessing. I am not sure I understand what you mean by usb printing?

While I was not the original poster- PrinterShare is an Android app that supports direct printing from the TF700 keyboard USB port.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
The Following User Says Thank You to ljg600 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 05:22 PM |#53  
lartomar2002's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Near Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Thanks Meter: 108
 
More
[QUOTE38103046]While I was not the original poster- PrinterShare is an Android app that supports direct printing from the TF700 keyboard USB port.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD[/QUOTE]

I now understand. He was talking about wired (usb) printing and my mind was only focused on wireless.
24th February 2013, 09:24 PM |#54  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
I have printer share premium. While they claim to support direct printing to my printer, Canon 6120, the app has never been able to detect the printer. It's networked, so every windows based device can see it and print to it, even wirelessly via my laptop. I have contacted them about this issue, and although they responded, it remains unresolved. I am able to get it to find the printer once a computer on my network is running their windows client, but I dislike this solution as it requires a constantly running PC. The Canon app just fails entirely. Printer Share was having an issue substituting wrong characters in, and printing PDFs at the wrong size, but after reporting this to them, they updated the program and it doesn't seem to be a problem any more.
The Following User Says Thank You to Toastysoul For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2013, 01:13 AM |#55  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
I have tried PrinterShare and it does not recognize my networked Canon MX870 multi-function printer. My question is why doesn't Google choose to make printing integrated into their OS design? It is one of my most compelling reasons to switch over to Microsoft based tablets.
3rd March 2013, 09:42 AM |#56  
sbdags's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 14,625
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanskinned

I have tried PrinterShare and it does not recognize my networked Canon MX870 multi-function printer. My question is why doesn't Google choose to make printing integrated into their OS design? It is one of my most compelling reasons to switch over to Microsoft based tablets.

Really? My microsoft surfacr RT does not recognise either of my printers at home, through usb or network... And microsoft do not allow unsigned driver installations on windows 8 and epson and HO have said they will not provide driver support. Printer share works flawlessly with both.

Android is still miles ahead right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2013, 09:09 PM |#57  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Thanks for the clarification. I had incorrectly assumed Windows 8 tablets would include the same driver support as their notebook/desktop counterparts. I wonder if the Surface Pro tablets allow Win 8 drivers from Canon, Epson, Brother, etc to be installed. It is frustrating that I cannot get my MX870 printer to be recognized by Printershare as it is a relatively recent wifi printer.
19th March 2013, 06:49 AM |#58  
Senior Member
Flag Bandung, West Java
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
im looking a printer wich quite small, because i have quite big movement
its good if i able to use usb cable to print
any advice for printer and apps?
19th March 2013, 09:16 AM |#59  
sbdags's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 14,625
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanskinned

Thanks for the clarification. I had incorrectly assumed Windows 8 tablets would include the same driver support as their notebook/desktop counterparts. I wonder if the Surface Pro tablets allow Win 8 drivers from Canon, Epson, Brother, etc to be installed. It is frustrating that I cannot get my MX870 printer to be recognized by Printershare as it is a relatively recent wifi printer.

Yes Windows 8 pro supports driver updates. Windows RT does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimqs153

im looking a printer wich quite small, because i have quite big movement
its good if i able to use usb cable to print
any advice for printer and apps?

Most printers offer Wifi now which is fairly easy to set up. Not sure if USB printing is fully supported but most routers allow you to plug in a usb printer and wirelssly print that way.
19th March 2013, 03:23 PM |#60  
parwathy's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
I use printershare with my Canon ip4500 printer, via USB. It's working so far, tried to print pdfs only though, so couln't tell you guys how the app is behaving with web pages etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to parwathy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android printing, printing, tablet printing, transformer printing
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes