Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 47,228 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Printing from the Infinity (and Android in general)

Tip us?

lartomar2002
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodintentions View Post
Printershare is a great app. It's the only one that allows usb printing.
Viewsonic Gtab for Dummies was my Bible when I was as rooting my Gtab.It was my first experience with android and your site was a blessing. I am not sure I understand what you mean by usb printing?
Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T-CROMBi-kk 4.4.2
Nexus 7 2nd gen 32gb
Ouya (rooted)
http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/forum.php
Nothing left in my right brain, nothing right in my left brain

ljg600
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default Re: Printing from the Infinity (and Android in general)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lartomar2002 View Post
Viewsonic Gtab for Dummies was my Bible when I was as rooting my Gtab.It was my first experience with android and your site was a blessing. I am not sure I understand what you mean by usb printing?
While I was not the original poster- PrinterShare is an Android app that supports direct printing from the TF700 keyboard USB port.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
The Following User Says Thank You to ljg600 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lartomar2002
Old
Thanks Meter 95
[QUOTE38103046]While I was not the original poster- PrinterShare is an Android app that supports direct printing from the TF700 keyboard USB port.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD[/QUOTE]

I now understand. He was talking about wired (usb) printing and my mind was only focused on wireless.
Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T-CROMBi-kk 4.4.2
Nexus 7 2nd gen 32gb
Ouya (rooted)
http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/forum.php
Nothing left in my right brain, nothing right in my left brain

Toastysoul
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I have printer share premium. While they claim to support direct printing to my printer, Canon 6120, the app has never been able to detect the printer. It's networked, so every windows based device can see it and print to it, even wirelessly via my laptop. I have contacted them about this issue, and although they responded, it remains unresolved. I am able to get it to find the printer once a computer on my network is running their windows client, but I dislike this solution as it requires a constantly running PC. The Canon app just fails entirely. Printer Share was having an issue substituting wrong characters in, and printing PDFs at the wrong size, but after reporting this to them, they updated the program and it doesn't seem to be a problem any more.
The Following User Says Thank You to Toastysoul For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cleanskinned
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I have tried PrinterShare and it does not recognize my networked Canon MX870 multi-function printer. My question is why doesn't Google choose to make printing integrated into their OS design? It is one of my most compelling reasons to switch over to Microsoft based tablets.

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12273

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanskinned View Post
I have tried PrinterShare and it does not recognize my networked Canon MX870 multi-function printer. My question is why doesn't Google choose to make printing integrated into their OS design? It is one of my most compelling reasons to switch over to Microsoft based tablets.
Really? My microsoft surfacr RT does not recognise either of my printers at home, through usb or network... And microsoft do not allow unsigned driver installations on windows 8 and epson and HO have said they will not provide driver support. Printer share works flawlessly with both.

Android is still miles ahead right now.
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF300T | TF201T | ME301T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700T Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201T Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF701

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X / CROMBi-kk Development
The Following User Says Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cleanskinned
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Thanks for the clarification. I had incorrectly assumed Windows 8 tablets would include the same driver support as their notebook/desktop counterparts. I wonder if the Surface Pro tablets allow Win 8 drivers from Canon, Epson, Brother, etc to be installed. It is frustrating that I cannot get my MX870 printer to be recognized by Printershare as it is a relatively recent wifi printer.

dimqs153
Old
Thanks Meter 37
im looking a printer wich quite small, because i have quite big movement
its good if i able to use usb cable to print
any advice for printer and apps?
man helping man, helps himself....

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12273

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanskinned View Post
Thanks for the clarification. I had incorrectly assumed Windows 8 tablets would include the same driver support as their notebook/desktop counterparts. I wonder if the Surface Pro tablets allow Win 8 drivers from Canon, Epson, Brother, etc to be installed. It is frustrating that I cannot get my MX870 printer to be recognized by Printershare as it is a relatively recent wifi printer.
Yes Windows 8 pro supports driver updates. Windows RT does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimqs153 View Post
im looking a printer wich quite small, because i have quite big movement
its good if i able to use usb cable to print
any advice for printer and apps?
Most printers offer Wifi now which is fairly easy to set up. Not sure if USB printing is fully supported but most routers allow you to plug in a usb printer and wirelssly print that way.
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF300T | TF201T | ME301T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700T Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201T Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF701

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X / CROMBi-kk Development

parwathy
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I use printershare with my Canon ip4500 printer, via USB. It's working so far, tried to print pdfs only though, so couln't tell you guys how the app is behaving with web pages etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to parwathy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
android printing, printing, tablet printing, transformer printing