Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Printing from the Infinity (and Android in general)

OP Splaktar

14th February 2013, 10:15 PM   |  #51  
Flag Near Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Thanks Meter: 106

1,279 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodintentions

Printershare is a great app. It's the only one that allows usb printing.

Viewsonic Gtab for Dummies was my Bible when I was as rooting my Gtab.It was my first experience with android and your site was a blessing. I am not sure I understand what you mean by usb printing?
17th February 2013, 02:25 PM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 8

32 posts
Re: Printing from the Infinity (and Android in general)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lartomar2002

Viewsonic Gtab for Dummies was my Bible when I was as rooting my Gtab.It was my first experience with android and your site was a blessing. I am not sure I understand what you mean by usb printing?

While I was not the original poster- PrinterShare is an Android app that supports direct printing from the TF700 keyboard USB port.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
The Following User Says Thank You to ljg600 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 06:22 PM   |  #53  
Flag Near Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Thanks Meter: 106

1,279 posts
[QUOTE38103046]While I was not the original poster- PrinterShare is an Android app that supports direct printing from the TF700 keyboard USB port.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD[/QUOTE]

I now understand. He was talking about wired (usb) printing and my mind was only focused on wireless.
24th February 2013, 10:24 PM   |  #54  
Thanks Meter: 9

37 posts
I have printer share premium. While they claim to support direct printing to my printer, Canon 6120, the app has never been able to detect the printer. It's networked, so every windows based device can see it and print to it, even wirelessly via my laptop. I have contacted them about this issue, and although they responded, it remains unresolved. I am able to get it to find the printer once a computer on my network is running their windows client, but I dislike this solution as it requires a constantly running PC. The Canon app just fails entirely. Printer Share was having an issue substituting wrong characters in, and printing PDFs at the wrong size, but after reporting this to them, they updated the program and it doesn't seem to be a problem any more.
The Following User Says Thank You to Toastysoul For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2013, 02:13 AM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 4

100 posts
I have tried PrinterShare and it does not recognize my networked Canon MX870 multi-function printer. My question is why doesn't Google choose to make printing integrated into their OS design? It is one of my most compelling reasons to switch over to Microsoft based tablets.
3rd March 2013, 10:42 AM   |  #56  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 13,194

11,649 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanskinned

I have tried PrinterShare and it does not recognize my networked Canon MX870 multi-function printer. My question is why doesn't Google choose to make printing integrated into their OS design? It is one of my most compelling reasons to switch over to Microsoft based tablets.

Really? My microsoft surfacr RT does not recognise either of my printers at home, through usb or network... And microsoft do not allow unsigned driver installations on windows 8 and epson and HO have said they will not provide driver support. Printer share works flawlessly with both.

Android is still miles ahead right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2013, 10:09 PM   |  #57  
Thanks Meter: 4

100 posts
Thanks for the clarification. I had incorrectly assumed Windows 8 tablets would include the same driver support as their notebook/desktop counterparts. I wonder if the Surface Pro tablets allow Win 8 drivers from Canon, Epson, Brother, etc to be installed. It is frustrating that I cannot get my MX870 printer to be recognized by Printershare as it is a relatively recent wifi printer.
19th March 2013, 07:49 AM   |  #58  
Flag Bandung, West Java
Thanks Meter: 37

355 posts
More
im looking a printer wich quite small, because i have quite big movement
its good if i able to use usb cable to print
any advice for printer and apps?
19th March 2013, 10:16 AM   |  #59  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 13,194

11,649 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanskinned

Thanks for the clarification. I had incorrectly assumed Windows 8 tablets would include the same driver support as their notebook/desktop counterparts. I wonder if the Surface Pro tablets allow Win 8 drivers from Canon, Epson, Brother, etc to be installed. It is frustrating that I cannot get my MX870 printer to be recognized by Printershare as it is a relatively recent wifi printer.

Yes Windows 8 pro supports driver updates. Windows RT does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimqs153

im looking a printer wich quite small, because i have quite big movement
its good if i able to use usb cable to print
any advice for printer and apps?

Most printers offer Wifi now which is fairly easy to set up. Not sure if USB printing is fully supported but most routers allow you to plug in a usb printer and wirelssly print that way.
19th March 2013, 04:23 PM   |  #60  
Thanks Meter: 10

73 posts
More
I use printershare with my Canon ip4500 printer, via USB. It's working so far, tried to print pdfs only though, so couln't tell you guys how the app is behaving with web pages etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to parwathy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android printing, printing, tablet printing, transformer printing
Previous Thread Next Thread