Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,083 Members 50,177 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V5.0.0 SPRINT] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery, Flash to Stock

Tip us?

Patch7
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Default Re: [Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V3.0.0 SPRINT] Drivers, Backup, Root, CWM, TWRP, Flash to S

Quote:
Originally Posted by na_tra View Post
Thanks for your response. So it's safe to root with the above sprint option 42 and then just follow on screen instruction to complete the root? in case it fails, what is the best way to revert back to stock rom. I read so many posts and threads and now not so sure what method is the best to revert back to stock rom.

TIA
Technically speaking the ma7 is the new stock rom.
However if you do want to revert back to stock ljc, billard412 has a file on these forums for that.
Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

TADitto
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Got a question, I want to unroot my note to apply the new MA7 update but I've never used the unroot feature of the Toolkit. Are there any files I need to download or does the toolkit take care of everything?

Patch7
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Default Re: [Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V3.0.0 SPRINT] Drivers, Backup, Root, CWM, TWRP, Flash to S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TADitto View Post
Got a question, I want to unroot my note to apply the new MA7 update but I've never used the unroot feature of the Toolkit. Are there any files I need to download or does the toolkit take care of everything?
The toolkit will download it and give you instructions as you proceed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patch7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TADitto
Old
Thanks Meter 19

Now I know you said you can root once on MA7 thru option 42. But once I update to MA7 do I still use the LJC tar? Or am I missing some steps.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Patch7
Old
Thanks Meter 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by TADitto View Post
Now I know you said you can root once on MA7 thru option 42. But once I update to MA7 do I still use the LJC tar? Or am I missing some steps.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
Once I root. I do not restore an image from the toolkit. I just install either a new ma7 ROM or keep the one I updated. I also keep using any cm10 or aosp ROMs and restore without restoring modem since the system is already updated with the new ma7 modem.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patch7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TADitto
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Thanks all for your input, with things like this I tend to become a nervous nelly. I went ahead and did the upgrade with no issues what so ever. I used Billards412 unroot to LJC stock un-rooted, worked perfectly. I then booted into stock recovery and flashed rwilco12 MA7 update zip, which worked flawlessly. After that I used mskips toolkit 3.0 to root using option 42 and LJC tar, root aquired and now I'm back in business except now everything is updated to MA7. Gosh I'm such a idiot, in my head I was trying to make this more difficult than it was. Again thanks you everyone for all your help.

tarellel
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I was pretty nervous on how to Update and apply root as well. Seeing as how I haven't messed around with alot of Flashing with my note2 (i've only had it a week), and I've bricked a phone in the past.

na_tra
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarellel View Post
I was pretty nervous on how to Update and apply root as well. Seeing as how I haven't messed around with alot of Flashing with my note2 (i've only had it a week), and I've bricked a phone in the past.
I was like you but I watched the tutorial video at least 3 times and follow the instruction slowly 1 step at a time. No rush. Now, I have two Note 2 rooted with MA7.

Dragon-Lord
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So let me summaries to get this clear in my mind. You first must un-root, easy with toolkit, and then apply the new update. Finally, once the update is applied successfully, you go back and apply option 42. I take it that updating while rooted is causing issues, and not just breaking root.

Patch7
Old
Thanks Meter 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon-Lord View Post
So let me summaries to get this clear in my mind. You first must un-root, easy with toolkit, and then apply the new update. Finally, once the update is applied successfully, you go back and apply option 42. I take it that updating while rooted is causing issues, and not just breaking root.
The update will not work on any rooted device. That's why you need to unroot to apply the update first.

The Following User Says Thank You to Patch7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]