FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

[ROM][UVALL4][CWM/TWRP][AROMA]Note2 Tweaked 1.6 UPDATED 4/6

4,067 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,389
 
By dwitherell, Forum Moderator on 20th January 2013, 05:48 PM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
17th February 2013, 02:42 AM |#421  
mikeyinid's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nampa
Thanks Meter: 3,614
 
More
Re: [ROM][UVALL4][CWM/TWRP][AROMA]Note2 Tweaked 1.3 UPDATED 2/1
Use 7 zip and drop this in the META INF folder where the other updater script is

http://db.tt/EgBKx7HH
Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikeyinid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
17th February 2013, 04:39 AM |#422  
dwitherell's Avatar
OP Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 9,389
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyinid

Use 7 zip and drop this in the META INF folder where the other updater script is

http://db.tt/EgBKx7HH
Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Yep - this ought to do the trick nicely. Make sure to thank mikeyinid!
17th February 2013, 05:16 AM |#423  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76
 
More
Thanks...I ended up Odin back to stock....rerooted and loaded recovery via the toolkit but forgot to update twrp and well wiped and then nothing would install so odin back and did it over....finally about finished on install....lol

Guess good thing odin dont scare me
17th February 2013, 07:02 AM |#424  
mikeyinid's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nampa
Thanks Meter: 3,614
 
More
is there a way to swap internal/external using vold.fstab rather than init.d scripts? Ive been looking at some of those hacks and they all seem to have their own bugs. i remember back on the s2 vold.fstab was how they were doing it. the only reason i mention it is im thinking about getting a bigger sd and it would make sense to use the bigger storage.
17th February 2013, 11:58 AM |#425  
Mr Impossible's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 305
Thanks Meter: 1,132
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM][UVALL4][CWM/TWRP][AROMA]Note2 Tweaked 1.3 UPDATED 2/1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyinid

is there a way to swap internal/external using vold.fstab rather than init.d scripts? Ive been looking at some of those hacks and they all seem to have their own bugs. i remember back on the s2 vold.fstab was how they were doing it. the only reason i mention it is im thinking about getting a bigger sd and it would make sense to use the bigger storage.

Don't think so mike seems the void.fstab is now generated during 1st boot and would be overwritten if changed.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Impossible For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 02:19 PM |#426  
stueycaster's Avatar
Senior Member
Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 632
 
More
You guys are really lucky to have Dwitherell. I ran his roms on my old Droid Charge. He and a couple other guys helped us all turn a way sub standard phone into one that was a pleasure to use. If it wasn't for TMobile pissing off so many people that I know I might have switched just so I could follow Dwith. But I decided to stick with Verizon or I'd already have this rom on my new Note 2. You always did a great job Dwith buddy. See ya.
Last edited by stueycaster; 17th February 2013 at 02:21 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stueycaster For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 04:38 PM |#427  
Mr Impossible's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 305
Thanks Meter: 1,132
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM][UVALL4][CWM/TWRP][AROMA]Note2 Tweaked 1.3 UPDATED 2/1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stueycaster

You guys are really lucky to have Dwitherell. I ran his roms on my old Droid Charge. He and a couple other guys helped us all turn a way sub standard phone into one that was a pleasure to use. If it wasn't for TMobile pissing off so many people that I know I might have switched just so I could follow Dwith. But I decided to stick with Verizon or I'd already have this rom on my new Note 2. You always did a great job Dwith buddy. See ya.

With a little work and searching you can use this on Verizon.

Check all the US variant threads.


Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
17th February 2013, 05:13 PM |#428  
stueycaster's Avatar
Senior Member
Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 632
 
More
Re: [ROM][UVALL4][CWM/TWRP][AROMA]Note2 Tweaked 1.3 UPDATED 2/1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Impossible

With a little work and searching you can use this on Verizon.

Check all the US variant threads.


Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah There will be a Verizon version of it soon. I'll wait for it. I'm ok with what I have for now.

Sent from my SCH-I605 with CleanRom Ace 4.5 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by stueycaster; 17th February 2013 at 05:20 PM.
17th February 2013, 05:31 PM |#429  
mikeyinid's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nampa
Thanks Meter: 3,614
 
More
Re: [ROM][UVALL4][CWM/TWRP][AROMA]Note2 Tweaked 1.3 UPDATED 2/1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Impossible

Don't think so mike seems the void.fstab is now generated during 1st boot and would be overwritten if changed.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

That's to bad. I don't think init.d is the right way to do it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
17th February 2013, 05:36 PM |#430  
dwitherell's Avatar
OP Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 9,389
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyinid

That's to bad. I don't think init.d is the right way to do it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Yeah I was poking around at this as well given the suggestion I received earlier - I don't think a link was ever posted to the thread/info they were referring to though. Coming from the Samsung Blaze 4G it was a vold.fstab edit as well, but this seems far less straightforward for such things.

Out of curiosity - mikeyinid - what sort of bugs have you come across in your readings on such things? Also - I do love me some links to make sure I'm looking at what everyone else is looking at (PM or in the thread is fine - and no worries if you don't have them, I should stop being so lazy lol).
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes