Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Did you find this Guide useful? and easy?
Yes My One X is flying now! It was easy! 71 59.66%
Yes but it was a little hard to get right 21 17.65%
No nothing seems to work 17 14.29%
No but its not the guide's fault 10 8.40%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Closed

[GUIDE+TOOLS] v12.6 How To Easily Maximize One X Tegra 3 Game performance - root

OP hamdir

17th February 2013, 03:11 PM   |  #741  
Thanks Meter: 1,729

809 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [GUIDE+TOOLS] v10.2 How To Easily Maximize One X Tegra 3 Game performance - roo
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

thanks for the reply Xmister, my problem with both CPU quiet and MP decision is not if they use the quad, it is that they are much less predictable than Nvidia's default hotplug

A quad needing game, will need those quad everytime u run it, not just a random draw of dice...

the best app to test this behavior is Nvidia's glowball

hotplug never locks to single core if a game need the quad

but i owe you a small apology, i based my conclusion on a previous experience of showp kernel (it was a really a mess locking so often to single core) and not yours so i will be testing it and report back (pulled the comment for now)

The most important thing is the decision wether a game needs quad or not.
Nvidia's hotplug often decided that it doesn't need it, while it's obviously not true if you consider the 10fps drop it causes.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
17th February 2013, 03:17 PM   |  #742  
OP Recognized Contributor
Beirut
Thanks Meter: 14,279

21,798 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmister

The most important thing is the decision wether a game needs quad or not.
Nvidia's hotplug often decided that it doesn't need it, while it's obviously not true if you consider the 10fps drop it causes.

yes ofcourse the quad usage is the most annoying thing on Tegra, i found their CPU quiet driver is worse than hotplug in making this decision, but hotplug for THD games never fail though

im about to test extensively now and will report, ill test your latest 95 version

a good game to test as well is NFSMW which can benefit from the quad use
Last edited by hamdir; 17th February 2013 at 03:19 PM.
17th February 2013, 04:05 PM   |  #743  
Beirut

21,798 posts
Wrong thread
Last edited by hamdir; 17th February 2013 at 04:07 PM.
17th February 2013, 04:32 PM   |  #744  
Beirut

21,798 posts
Quote:

Why would you say that MPDEC is mess for gaming? It uses the cores much better than the stock nvidia hotplug, most of the times 4 cores running in the games, and fps really higher too.

Ok so I tried #95 and waw its true, MPDECISION is using quad to the fullest even outside THD apps, very impressed nearly all games are faster, I think it now took the place as the best One X gaming kernel

I noticed improvements in NFSMW, beach buggy blitz and modern combat 4 full effects

However I have few comments if I may

I repacked it with the stock .31 Ramdisk because I want to keep the default governor values, the problem It got stuck to ondemand and can't change to any other governor, its just stuck, but I can use gaming boost and change ondemand values, I didn't try the non repacked version

Although there steps between 1000 and 1500, with aggressive ondemand the CPU is stuck most of the time at 1500 and sometimes 1000 it doesn't often use the step in between

Even with UV -75 the device gets hot with game boost, I guess there is no escape with real quad use, in MC4 the screen itself got hot like pre 2.17 days, is there a possibility to have an interface where we can change the quad driver between CPU quiet and MPDECISION?
The Following User Says Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 05:04 PM   |  #745  

809 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [GUIDE+TOOLS] v10.2 How To Easily Maximize One X Tegra 3 Game performance - roo
Quote:

Ok so I tried #95 and waw its true, MPDECISION is using quad to the fullest even outside THD apps, very impressed nearly all games are faster, I think it now took the place as the best One X gaming kernel

I noticed improvements in NFSMW, beach buggy blitz and modern combat 4 full effects

I repacked it with the stock .31 Ramdisk because I want to keep the default governor values, the problem It got stuck to ondemand and can't change to any other governor, its just stuck, but I can use gaming boost and change ondemand values, I didn't try the non repacked version

Although there steps between 1000 and 1500, with aggressive ondemand the CPU is stuck most of the time at 1500 and sometimes 1000 it doesn't often use the step in between

Even with UV -75 the device gets hot with game boost, I guess there is no escape with real quad use, in MC4 the screen itself got hot like pre 2.17 days, is there a possibility to have an interface where we can change the quad driver between CPU quiet and MPDECISION?

Can you try changing the Max frequency, then changing the governor? (there is a bug I left in,when trying to fix sense specific things)
And then try gaming with default interactive, it should generate less heat, while still good frame rate.

The Following User Says Thank You to Xmister For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 05:24 PM   |  #746  
Beirut

21,798 posts
Quote:

Can you try changing the Max frequency, then changing the governor? (there is a bug I left in,when trying to fix sense specific things)
And then try gaming with default interactive, it should generate less heat, while still good frame rate.

Very impressive with interactive man, what are you? The One X gaming savior? thanks for fixing the goernor switching bug in #96

Just one thing left to say, can we experiment less? I mean I know right now it great but I worry it will break again

Guess the best solution is to keep all your versions downloadable for users to choose
Last edited by hamdir; 17th February 2013 at 06:23 PM.
17th February 2013, 05:36 PM   |  #747  

809 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Very impressive with interactive man, what are you? The One X gaming savior?

Just one thing left to say, can we experiment less? I mean I know right now it great but I worry it will break again

Guess the best solution is to keep all your versions downloadable for users to choose

Thanks, I'm just trying my best.

Without experimenting I haven't gotten so far, so that's not an option

Keeping them is the plan until my devhost space fills up...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xmister For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 05:39 PM   |  #748  
Beirut

21,798 posts
here is the feedback so far regarding XM-Kernel #106

be careful repack is needed for Sense ROMs

I've uploaded a repacked boot.img for stock 3.14.401.31 ROM, you still need the modules from the original zip file

For the above custom kernel you can use permanent interactive governor instead of gaming boost, set at boot the governor to interactive and the following governor values in your CPU app (which are default for #106):
Quote:

Interactive:
go maxspeed load 85
boost factor 0
max boost 0
io is busy 0
sustain load 0
min sample time 30000
timer rate 20000
input boost 0
boost 0

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Very impressive with interactive man, what are you? The One X gaming savior? thanks for fixing the goernor switching bug in #96

Quote:

I Agree #106 is just the best ever game kernel I've ever used on the one x

Both NFSMW and MC4 full effects are extremely smooth!!! Using the interactive governor

I was holding MC4 because I was waiting for retina update on my iPad, but now its finally fully playable in full effects on the one x and already crossed three levels

Just one thing I tested and tested, pretty 100% confident interactive is much smoother than aggressive ondemand, this is very odd, usually applying aggressive ondemand values can match interactive but not on this kernel

Regardless ondemand and game boost are really not needed with this awesome awesome kernel

Last edited by hamdir; 27th February 2013 at 06:09 PM.
17th February 2013, 06:36 PM   |  #749  
Beirut

21,798 posts
Quote:

Thanks, I'm just trying my best.

Without experimenting I haven't gotten so far, so that's not an option

Keeping them is the plan until my devhost space fills up...

awesome mate, already replaced #96 as the first the recommended JB gaming kernel in the OP

last two comments:

1- using interactive i noticed one time it got stock at LP speed single core during NFSMW, lag fest

2- Your ramdisk is still not compatible with stock .31, if we flash the kernel without repacking the device freezes at boot, it also does something weirder it moves all the SD content to a "0" folder! repacking solves the boot and SD issue
Last edited by hamdir; 17th February 2013 at 06:39 PM.
17th February 2013, 07:34 PM   |  #750  

809 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [GUIDE+TOOLS] v10.5 How To Easily Maximize One X Tegra 3 Game performance - roo
Quote:

awesome mate, already replaced #96 as the first the recommended JB gaming kernel in the OP

last two comments:

1- using interactive i noticed one time it got stock at LP speed single core during NFSMW, lag fest

2- Your ramdisk is still not compatible with stock .31, if we flash the kernel without repacking the device freezes at boot, it also does something weirder it moves all the SD content to a "0" folder! repacking solves the boot and SD issue

Yes, it's 4.2 aosp ramdisk, that's why repack is needed every time.
About LP speed stuck...I was hoping that I fixed it, but it seems like just made it rare.
Can you send me logcat and dmesg when it happens?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xmister For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread