Thread Closed

[ROM][4.2.2][Aug 6th] Slim Bean-d2vzw [build 8]

OP cordell12

17th February 2013, 06:01 PM   |  #441  
Flag Phila, PA
Thanks Meter: 31

258 posts
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][linaro-kernel] Slim Bean - d2vzw Stable 1.0 [2-16-13][ROM][4.2.1][li
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordell12

Yes, still 4.2.1 we wanted to give a solid updated build for everyone then start the 4.2.2 merge.

Have a question about the Kernel...

I have been using CM kernel with a few tweaks to it, like OverClock, Fast Charge, nothing to crazy. How many use the included kernel, or does most of you flash KT or Lean kernels? Reason I am asking is I am probably going to start supporting Galaxy Tab 2 and to keep up with the d2 device, and the added tablets, the kernel project would be the first place I can find extra time if I removed it. The stock CM kernel would be included, still compiled with linaro tool chain, just no OverClock or Fast Charge, these can be had from KT and Lean kernels though.

Thoughts???

you will find a new feature, even though this was released on 2 roms before we released with this 1.0 stable, they are a slim rom original

I tried both and I didn't seem to be getting as good battery life but it could have been a placebo. Maybe I will give one of them a compete chance but I would love to see your kernel include fast charge.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
17th February 2013, 06:39 PM   |  #442  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 53

108 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordell12

Yes, still 4.2.1 we wanted to give a solid updated build for everyone then start the 4.2.2 merge.

Have a question about the Kernel...

I have been using CM kernel with a few tweaks to it, like OverClock, Fast Charge, nothing to crazy. How many use the included kernel, or does most of you flash KT or Lean kernels? Reason I am asking is I am probably going to start supporting Galaxy Tab 2 and to keep up with the d2 device, and the added tablets, the kernel project would be the first place I can find extra time if I removed it. The stock CM kernel would be included, still compiled with linaro tool chain, just no OverClock or Fast Charge, these can be had from KT and Lean kernels though.

Thoughts???

you will find a new feature, even though this was released on 2 roms before we released with this 1.0 stable, they are a slim rom original

I must say I normally would flash KT in the same iteration as a Slim update but lately your kernels have been very quality. I have a question for you... What would enjoy most? Kerneling, or taking on a new device? I only ask because I think we'd rather you do what makes you happy. That's what makes your work so good.
17th February 2013, 06:54 PM   |  #443  
Thanks Meter: 35

172 posts
Running the latest Anthrax kernel and having great results.
17th February 2013, 07:35 PM   |  #444  
Thanks Meter: 5

14 posts
More
Love this rom. Just one thing. When a call ends or is lost there is a very loud beep, much worse on a lost call because its not always expected. Is there any way to lower that beep?
17th February 2013, 08:19 PM   |  #445  
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 121

696 posts
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][linaro-kernel] Slim Bean - d2vzw Stable 1.0 [2-16-13]
Anyone else's Twitter widget have a weird grey box over part of it (see attached pic)? It's there in any launcher and wasn't there before I upgraded from Slim Bean 3.1.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361128746297.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	1738287  
17th February 2013, 08:28 PM   |  #446  
Thanks Meter: 53

590 posts
Had some very weird issues on a dirty flash from RC2..

I would push buttons on the screen, and they would perform the functions of an entirely different button. When I can clean flash I will, and report back if I can reproduce the issue.
17th February 2013, 11:25 PM   |  #447  
Flag Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 29

163 posts
More
voice search FC
Just flashed the new stable 1.0 and seems that voice search FC, can't even say a thing before it closes up. Anyone else get this? Otherwise, awesome rom so thanks!
17th February 2013, 11:37 PM   |  #448  
Thanks Meter: 33

186 posts
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][linaro-kernel] Slim Bean - d2vzw Stable 1.0 [2-16-13]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaiser47

Just flashed the new stable 1.0 and seems that voice search FC, can't even say a thing before it closes up. Anyone else get this? Otherwise, awesome rom so thanks!

Same thing happened to me as well, I just uninstalled and reinstalled from play store, it's no longer inverted but works perfectly

17th February 2013, 11:50 PM   |  #449  
Flag Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 29

163 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eris72

Same thing happened to me as well, I just uninstalled and reinstalled from play store, it's no longer inverted but works perfectly

Great thanks I will try that, love the inverted but can do with out for now I guess
18th February 2013, 12:15 AM   |  #450  
Thanks Meter: 11

136 posts
I don't see the development options all the way at the bottom of the settings and I can't seem to find it anywhere? Am I overlooking something?

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread