MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more
Post Reply

update with a rooted dna

17th February 2013, 03:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
125 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Curious, as I have seen conflicting points-Can the update from verizon be installed to a rooted phone or not? How about from the stock Verizon rom (de-bloated) on a rooted phone, or relocking the phone/back to stock and getting it? I thought I read that if you get the update on a stock DNA you can no longer unlock it with the present methods, is that true or false? Anyone know for sure? Lastly what does the update get you?
The Following User Says Thank You to rootntootn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 05:39 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 531
 
2,373 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Re: update with a rooted dna
You need to have stock Rom and recovery to update.


And if you update a DNA that has never been unlocked before then you won't be able to unlock your DNA. But if you've unlocked before then your fine.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigandrewgold For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 10:37 PM   |  #3  
.torrented's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Suffolk, VA
Thanks Meter: 1,474
 
2,789 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootntootn

Curious, as I have seen conflicting points-Can the update from verizon be installed to a rooted phone or not? How about from the stock Verizon rom (de-bloated) on a rooted phone, or relocking the phone/back to stock and getting it? I thought I read that if you get the update on a stock DNA you can no longer unlock it with the present methods, is that true or false? Anyone know for sure? Lastly what does the update get you?

As long as you have unlocked your bootloader before the ota visit this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2152993 and it will tell you how to re-unlock and update the firmware and unlock, but make sure you have your original Unlock_code.bin file before you proceed because if you take the ota and you havent unlocked your bootloader before you will be stuck for a long time
18th February 2013, 10:34 AM   |  #4  
cstmeyers's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by .torrented

As long as you have unlocked your bootloader before the ota visit this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2152993 and it will tell you how to re-unlock and update the firmware and unlock, but make sure you have your original Unlock_code.bin file before you proceed because if you take the ota and you havent unlocked your bootloader before you will be stuck for a long time

Of all the times I don't spend hours researching, this is one of them where I screwed myself. I had my bootloader unlocked before the OTA and I am going to be "stuck for a long time". LOL I read several articles (not here - my own idiocy) on the OTA update and the "how tos" on going back to stock to get it, etc etc... Not one mentioned to reunlock after performing the RUU, then doing the OTA..... didn't find out I was screwed until the CID couldn't be read and the my Unlock_bin failed. So this is what it feels like again to be on a bloated phone, full of VZW crap..lol
18th February 2013, 12:58 PM   |  #5  
.torrented's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Suffolk, VA
Thanks Meter: 1,474
 
2,789 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Re: update with a rooted dna
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmeyers

Of all the times I don't spend hours researching, this is one of them where I screwed myself. I had my bootloader unlocked before the OTA and I am going to be "stuck for a long time". LOL I read several articles (not here - my own idiocy) on the OTA update and the "how tos" on going back to stock to get it, etc etc... Not one mentioned to reunlock after performing the RUU, then doing the OTA..... didn't find out I was screwed until the CID couldn't be read and the my Unlock_bin failed. So this is what it feels like again to be on a bloated phone, full of VZW crap..lol

You should still be able to flash your token and re unlock your bootloader even after the OTA

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium HD app
18th February 2013, 11:55 PM   |  #6  
cstmeyers's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by .torrented

You should still be able to flash your token and re unlock your bootloader even after the OTA

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium HD app

I tried a couple of times but it kept failing. I'm not sure if I am missing a step but I think I was doing it correctly. I will try it again when I get home from work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes