Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 50,838 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q&A] CM10.1 Nightlies SGH-I747

Tip us?

thresherhorn
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Anyone having weird drain attributed to "Phone" ?

Im at 37% battery remaining. Total time on 10h 18m
Phone - CPU Total: 1h 55m (Battery used by app: 42%)
Screen - 1h 33m (Battery used by display: 31%)
...bunch of other lowbies

And I haven't used my phone to make a call AT ALL TODAY.

I work in a hospital and I had my phone on airplane mode all day infact.

What in the world is "Phone" doing as my most consumed battery.....

To add to the symptoms: Before rebooting the phone, I saw my network continue to jump between 1-2 bars and full bars for a straight minute in 1 second bursts.

Whaaaaaaaaat?

zi0nbaby
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hey guys,

I was having issues after the folder bug that moved the files to the /0 folder.. so I tried this script to move them back (restore-sdcard-after-downgrade.zip) and now I don't even know where the files went. :/ All the data from apps is gone and my pictures too.

Halp!?!?
Current Phone - T-Mobile Note 3

Past Phones - iPhone 3G(sold), iPhone4(sold), AT&T Galaxy Note i717 (sold), AT&T Galaxy S III (sold), AT&T Galaxy S4 (sold).

TonyStark
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 5132
Quote:
Originally Posted by zi0nbaby View Post
Hey guys,

I was having issues after the folder bug that moved the files to the /0 folder.. so I tried this script to move them back (restore-sdcard-after-downgrade.zip) and now I don't even know where the files went. :/ All the data from apps is gone and my pictures too.

Halp!?!?
Nor will anyone else. You need to restore your backup.

awaisuk
Old
Thanks Meter 6
there is a bit of lag when going out of the setting menu..like a small lag and it is not quick and smooth..anyone else?

slicetwo
Old
(Last edited by slicetwo; 17th February 2013 at 02:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 43

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Q&A] CM10.x Nightlies

EDITED and deleted. figured it all out.
Slice Two
www.radioactivesandwich.com - Free psychedelic electronic music to fill your belly.
Galaxy S3 (CM11)
HP Touchpad (milaq cm10.2)

slicetwo
Old
Thanks Meter 43

DONATE TO ME
Ok. So I'm probably annoying some people right about now, but I'm hoping this will be my last question for a while. I've managed to figure out all the other quirks and issues I was having through research, but this one is stumping me.

When I get a phone call, the phone ringtone sounds for 1 cycle, then stops, but the phone keeps vibrating. I saw one post that said this was common in most roms, but I can't believe that's true. Am I missing something? Is there a setting that will make the ringtone loop in case I don't hear it on the first ring?
Slice Two
www.radioactivesandwich.com - Free psychedelic electronic music to fill your belly.
Galaxy S3 (CM11)

TonyStark
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 5132
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicetwo View Post
Ok. So I'm probably annoying some people right about now, but I'm hoping this will be my last question for a while. I've managed to figure out all the other quirks and issues I was having through research, but this one is stumping me.

When I get a phone call, the phone ringtone sounds for 1 cycle, then stops, but the phone keeps vibrating. I saw one post that said this was common in most roms, but I can't believe that's true. Am I missing something? Is there a setting that will make the ringtone loop in case I don't hear it on the first ring?
It's the ringtone you've chosen. You need to dl looping tones. First, go to sounds ringtones and listen to each. Some sill loop and some will not. It's the choice of the developer of that sound file if it only cycles once.

The Following User Says Thank You to TonyStark For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slicetwo
Old
(Last edited by slicetwo; 17th February 2013 at 06:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 43

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStark View Post
It's the ringtone you've chosen. You need to dl looping tones. First, go to sounds ringtones and listen to each. Some sill loop and some will not. It's the choice of the developer of that sound file if it only cycles once.
interesting. on stock touchwiz, the ringtones would loop after they finished. i guess that's something samsung implemented? i'll have to edit my ringtones as they're all custom made.

is the looping built into the file via loop points, or is it one long file of the same thing over and over again?

thanks!
Slice Two
Galaxy S3 (CM11)

mrben522
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Re: [Q&A] CM10.x Nightlies

Is anyone else having issues with miracast? I can see the device but I can't connect to it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

slicetwo
Old
(Last edited by slicetwo; 18th February 2013 at 07:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 43

DONATE TO ME
So as suggested, I've been allowing CM10.1 to calibrate to my phone. The battery seems to be getting a little better, however, as of this morning, the MAPS app is destroying it. Using Better Battery Stats, It looks like it's pulling the phone into partial wakelocks a whole lot, at one point, it was awake for 23 minutes. Under the MAPS app info, it says that GPS has been on for over 15hours, yet GPS is actually off. That confuses me.

However, in the 15 hours the phone has been unplugged, it has been in deep sleep for 12.5 hours, according to BBS.

I guess maybe I don't understand how the maps app works, but I don't recall it being so active when I was running stock.

I'd rather have it running in case I lose my phone, but I guess I can always just turn it on when I go out.

Also, do I need to let the battery calibrate every time I update to a nightly?
Slice Two
Galaxy S3 (CM11)