Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,243 Members 52,843 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

back up/restore

Tip us?

cal4877
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default back up/restore

I have h-boot 1.14 withe twrp recovery, I backed up my phone with a previous rom i had and my question is would I have to install the image again after i restore the phone or should the phone restore without any problems.

a box of kittens
Old
Thanks Meter 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal4877 View Post
I have h-boot 1.14 withe twrp recovery, I backed up my phone with a previous rom i had and my question is would I have to install the image again after i restore the phone or should the phone restore without any problems.
Most of the time yes you will have to install the boot .img manually coming from a different base or Rom... But say if you're on viper and your back up is the same base sense Rom you probably wouldn't have to reflash it... But if coming from cm10 or anything else yes

cal4877
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by a box of kittens View Post
Most of the time yes you will have to install the boot .img manually coming from a different base or Rom... But say if you're on viper and your back up is the same base sense Rom you probably wouldn't have to reflash it... But if coming from cm10 or anything else yes
Awesome thanks man, also im currently running nocturnals dirty rom I believe this is a AOKP rom, now if i want to flash another AOKP or any other CM10 base rom wouldnt the image be the same? or the i have to flash another image of the rom aswell?

a box of kittens
Old
Thanks Meter 447
Quote:
Awesome thanks man, also im currently running nocturnals dirty rom I believe this is a AOKP rom, now if i want to flash another AOKP or any other CM10 base rom wouldnt the image be the same? or the i have to flash another image of the rom aswell?
Be safe and flash it

bback789
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: back up/restore

Is it necessary to reflash rom before restore or can you just fastboot flash boot.IMG and just restore backup?

Sent from my One X using xda premium

cal4877
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
I believe you have to flash boot. IMG and than restore according to the comments up there

cal4877
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
I just wish we had to option to downgrade the software/hboot without going thru all those steps listed, I remeber i had the htc inspire and you will be able to downgrade hboot by choosing a downgraded version of Ruuu files.

a box of kittens
Old
Thanks Meter 447
Quote:
I just wish we had to option to downgrade the software/hboot without going thru all those steps listed, I remeber i had the htc inspire and you will be able to downgrade hboot by choosing a downgraded version of Ruuu files.
Yeah I loved the inspire that's what got me into android... But I got my phone on hboot 1.09 I've never done the downgrade process but I heard it can be pretty simple