Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

back up/restore

OP cal4877

17th February 2013, 06:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 28

860 posts
More
I have h-boot 1.14 withe twrp recovery, I backed up my phone with a previous rom i had and my question is would I have to install the image again after i restore the phone or should the phone restore without any problems.
17th February 2013, 06:41 PM   |  #2  
Flag san fran california
Thanks Meter: 448

1,146 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal4877

I have h-boot 1.14 withe twrp recovery, I backed up my phone with a previous rom i had and my question is would I have to install the image again after i restore the phone or should the phone restore without any problems.

Most of the time yes you will have to install the boot .img manually coming from a different base or Rom... But say if you're on viper and your back up is the same base sense Rom you probably wouldn't have to reflash it... But if coming from cm10 or anything else yes
17th February 2013, 06:47 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Los Angeles

860 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a box of kittens

Most of the time yes you will have to install the boot .img manually coming from a different base or Rom... But say if you're on viper and your back up is the same base sense Rom you probably wouldn't have to reflash it... But if coming from cm10 or anything else yes

Awesome thanks man, also im currently running nocturnals dirty rom I believe this is a AOKP rom, now if i want to flash another AOKP or any other CM10 base rom wouldnt the image be the same? or the i have to flash another image of the rom aswell?
17th February 2013, 06:58 PM   |  #4  
Flag san fran california

1,146 posts
More
Quote:

Awesome thanks man, also im currently running nocturnals dirty rom I believe this is a AOKP rom, now if i want to flash another AOKP or any other CM10 base rom wouldnt the image be the same? or the i have to flash another image of the rom aswell?

Be safe and flash it
17th February 2013, 07:18 PM   |  #5  
Flag knoxville
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
More
Re: back up/restore
Is it necessary to reflash rom before restore or can you just fastboot flash boot.IMG and just restore backup?

Sent from my One X using xda premium
17th February 2013, 07:32 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Los Angeles

860 posts
More
I believe you have to flash boot. IMG and than restore according to the comments up there
17th February 2013, 07:39 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Los Angeles

860 posts
More
I just wish we had to option to downgrade the software/hboot without going thru all those steps listed, I remeber i had the htc inspire and you will be able to downgrade hboot by choosing a downgraded version of Ruuu files.
17th February 2013, 07:44 PM   |  #8  
Flag san fran california

1,146 posts
More
Quote:

I just wish we had to option to downgrade the software/hboot without going thru all those steps listed, I remeber i had the htc inspire and you will be able to downgrade hboot by choosing a downgraded version of Ruuu files.

Yeah I loved the inspire that's what got me into android... But I got my phone on hboot 1.09 I've never done the downgrade process but I heard it can be pretty simple

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread