5,597,647 Members 33,587 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.2.2][August 5] Slim Bean-d2(att/bell/telus/rogers) [build 8]

Tip us?

otoolerc
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I'm always backing up my apps and whatnot with Titanium, so I can follow the instructions for the best possible flash (fresh)... but is it that detrimental to just flash this over the previous version? Are those just guidelines? If anyone could share some insight that'd be great. I've never really been clear on the issue.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to otoolerc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JoshReuben
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1][Feb 16] Slim Bean-d2(att/bell/telus/rogers) [stable v1.0]

Dirty flash worked fine for me over RC1- first wiped cache and dalvik, flashed, then flashed Aio update, rebooted, then flashed Ktoonsez kernel, then wiped cache, dalvik, fixed permissions, rebooted and done. So far, flawless

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoshReuben For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

prbassplayer
Old
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 10314

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1][Feb 16] Slim Bean-d2(att/bell/telus/rogers) [stable v1.0]

Quote:
Originally Posted by otoolerc View Post
I'm always backing up my apps and whatnot with Titanium, so I can follow the instructions for the best possible flash (fresh)... but is it that detrimental to just flash this over the previous version? Are those just guidelines? If anyone could share some insight that'd be great. I've never really been clear on the issue.

Thanks
You can dirty flash if you feel like it, our room backs up gasps if nothing is wiped. However if stuff start breaking don't say it's broken until you full wipe

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prbassplayer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brttwilliams
Old
Thanks Meter 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by prbassplayer View Post
You can dirty flash if you feel like it, our room backs up gasps if nothing is wiped. However if stuff start breaking don't say it's broken until you full wipe

Bwuahahaha 1 million dollars

The Following User Says Thank You to brttwilliams For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bbabiuk
Old
Thanks Meter 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_jack View Post
Over & above the new features added, a lot of the changes that would affect stability (for d2) were to a2dp. There will likely never be an iterative version of Android that magically makes things substantially faster or "more" stable since it's already at that point, but regardless there is a lot of work that goes into each release. This is becoming more evident to the team as more & more ROMs start using ours as a base for theirs (Liquid/Carbon). It's flattering and proof that the Slim team is putting together a solid product.
I downloaded the latest ROM yesterday.

Impressions: super stable as always. Very similar to RC2 with 2 notable exceptions.

A. Bug with the battery indicator is gone. If you let your battery drain and then charge it the status bar icon no longer remains red.

B. A2dp performance for me has been significantly better. The quick testing I did with it last night showed it was usable. I will further test it.

Great work to all developers. Thanks again!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bbabiuk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alexm420
Old
Thanks Meter 2

Great ROM, loving it so far Only thing I've noticed is USB audio not working, but otherwise everything is great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

blk_jack
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3887

Did usb audio work for you before and if so which version of slim? Also, does it work for you with any 4.2 roms right now?

Providing a log of the issue would also be helpful.

Samsung SGH-I337M - Slim Bean 4.3
HTC Vision - Andromadus Slim Bean 4.2.2

Come join us on IRC:
#slimusers/#mimicry on freenode

t3chn0s1s
Old
Thanks Meter 656

Quote:
Originally Posted by prbassplayer View Post

I must say I was super impressed by this feature as I have always been used to flashing Gapps with every ROM update. I am also REALLY enjoying all the added features thrown into this latest update like the lock screen shortcuts, the notification drawer shortcuts and the ability to turn on and off the CRT animation!! Plus with all the flashable add-ons this is by FAR the most feature packed 4.2.1 ROM I have ever used. Many thanks to the Slim Team!

Sent from my Galaxy S III
Current Devices:
LG G2 | Stock Rooted KitKat 4.4.2
Nexus 7 | Mahdi ROM | 4.4.2

XDA is an AMAZING source! Please HELP keep it that way

Heisenberg420
Old
Thanks Meter 349

Only issue I noticed is the home button issue where pressing the home button opens the recent apps menu (the long press action) which I've seen others report for rc1/2. (I never had this issue on rc1 or 2)

Its only happened in tapatalk so far.

Everything else is amazing. Battery life is ridiculous and nothing I do can cause any hint of lag.

voidstab
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I have noob questions. Does the AIO package include what is in the Extras package? Do I extract or install the inverted packages over the regular packages? I noticed there is a significant size difference.

Thanks