FORUMS

How to Listen to Beats 1 on Android Right Now

If you felt a bit left out by Apple launching their own online radio station Beats 1 … more

NVidia SHIELD TV – XDA TV Device Review

The SHIELD TV is a not an Android smartphone device. However, that doesn’t mean it … more

PSA: Having cellular connectivity or texting issues tonight?

You’re not alone…Tonight, many users are experiencing a myriad … more

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

Software Update

230 posts
Thanks Meter: 65
 
By aypanthony, Senior Member on 13th February 2013, 02:13 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
17th February 2013, 03:19 PM |#71  
budde2's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 330
 
More
Re: Software Update
Im also noticing some battery drain I use to get like 6 hrs screen time with a total of 15+ all to gether wonder whats going on time to do some research lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
 
 
17th February 2013, 03:41 PM |#72  
Skripka's Avatar
Senior Member
Postulo forklift ad portandum iste
Thanks Meter: 1,242
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by budde2

Im also noticing some battery drain I use to get like 6 hrs screen time with a total of 15+ all to gether wonder whats going on time to do some research lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Even the battery life you used to get is pretty bad.
17th February 2013, 05:42 PM |#73  
budde2's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 330
 
More
Re: Software Update
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skripka

Even the battery life you used to get is pretty bad.

What 15+ hrs with 6 hrs screen on time thats good for me

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
17th February 2013, 05:55 PM |#74  
KEYofR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 219
 
More
Re: Software Update
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnnhell

The gallery thing is strange. For me i did a factory reformat to see if maybe something happened during the upgrade. My issue with gallery is if you're in an app like instagram and try to add photo from gallery it just sits blank. No photos ever show. Choosing the photo inside the gallery first then sharing to any app works fine though. Pretty solid update beyond that though.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Same here exactly. It will show the pics eventually, and it seems to work a little better the 2nd time like it's cached or something, but only a little better still terrible. After a few minutes it's the same long wait all over again. Problem started on ma5 and is exactly the same on ma7.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
17th February 2013, 08:31 PM |#75  
budde2's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 330
 
More
Re: Software Update
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYofR

Same here exactly. It will show the pics eventually, and it seems to work a little better the 2nd time like it's cached or something, but only a little better still terrible. After a few minutes it's the same long wait all over again. Problem started on ma5 and is exactly the same on ma7.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

I did a factory reset to and didnt help. Wonder if Samsumg knows about it? How do we report this to them I want to make sure they are awear

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
17th February 2013, 11:04 PM |#76  
ehupp01's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoner1

I have.

Clearing google framework also corrupted my google account in playstore. Needed to delete google account from phone then add account again inorder to download from playstore.

This fixed me.

Based on the information you provided, it sounds like you may just have to clear the cache and data of Google Services Framework and the app itself. In order to resolve this issue, if you haven't done so already, please make sure you've cleared the cache and data of both the Google Play Store app and the Download manager. Here's how:

1. Visit Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications
2. Tab over to "All"
3. Select the Play Store app, and then tap "Clear cache" and "Clear data"

For the Download manager:

1. Visit Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications
2. Tab over to "All"
3. Select "Download manager," and then tap "Clear data" and "Clear cache"

For Google Services Framework

1. Navigate to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications
2. Navigate to the “All” section
3. Scroll down to find an app called Google Services Framework
4. Select Google Services Framework, then tap Clear cache and Clear data

Please note that after clearing the Google Play Store app data, if you have set a PIN code and/or a content filter, you'll need to re-apply these settings.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...ml#post2441235
The Following User Says Thank You to ehupp01 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 01:38 AM |#77  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Software Update
I installed quickpic. Works like a champ.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
18th February 2013, 04:05 PM |#78  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by budde2

Im also noticing some battery drain I use to get like 6 hrs screen time with a total of 15+ all to gether wonder whats going on time to do some research lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Something is certainly wrong. I had my phone in my pocket in a good reception area, did not turn the screen on for 4 hours, and when I did, battery was at 52%
The Following User Says Thank You to SComp23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 04:33 PM |#79  
yankees45us's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 91
 
More
Re: Software Update
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehupp01

This fixed me.

Based on the information you provided, it sounds like you may just have to clear the cache and data of Google Services Framework and the app itself. In order to resolve this issue, if you haven't done so already, please make sure you've cleared the cache and data of both the Google Play Store app and the Download manager. Here's how:

1. Visit Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications
2. Tab over to "All"
3. Select the Play Store app, and then tap "Clear cache" and "Clear data"

For the Download manager:

1. Visit Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications
2. Tab over to "All"
3. Select "Download manager," and then tap "Clear data" and "Clear cache"

For Google Services Framework

1. Navigate to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications
2. Navigate to the “All” section
3. Scroll down to find an app called Google Services Framework
4. Select Google Services Framework, then tap Clear cache and Clear data

Please note that after clearing the Google Play Store app data, if you have set a PIN code and/or a content filter, you'll need to re-apply these settings.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...ml#post2441235

Tried all of this and no go. Have tried frameworks option about 20 times. Still nothing. It probably won't matter anyway. I'm about to switch to tmo. Sprint is just too freaking show. What's the point of having a great phone when you can't even use it.

Sent from my Amazing Galaxy Note 2!
18th February 2013, 04:46 PM |#80  
budde2's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 330
 
More
Re: Software Update
Quote:
Originally Posted by SComp23

Something is certainly wrong. I had my phone in my pocket in a good reception area, did not turn the screen on for 4 hours, and when I did, battery was at 52%

Yeah battery is for sure wores yesterday I got about 20 hrs with 5 hrs screen time witch that is good but i feel it could be better

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes