Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,970 Members 48,889 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Team WHOMP!]Whompasaurus Rom V4.2-Are we there yet?[AROMA][MA7]4/24/13

Tip us?

dbpaddler
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Default Re: [ROM][Team WHOMP!]Whompasaurus Rom V2.6-Shine Bright!!![LJC]02/14/13

Not to mention most bricks and major screw ups can easily be rectified with Odin bringing you back to stock.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
S4, 7" Tab 3 on Sprint and my trusty old Epic still in the stable.
ProClip reseller. Can save you at least 10% on their products.

nas02302
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Default Re: [ROM][Team WHOMP!]Whompasaurus Rom V2.6-Shine Bright!!![LJC]02/14/13

So everyone I reboot thru the phone menu, my phone gets stuck with a black screen and the soft keys at bottom stay Lit..... usually a battery pull fixes it, other wise I have to keep trying to get my phone to turn on. It doesn't happen with any other roms as I have tried this with stock and other roms, any ideas what could be causing this? Other than this issue this rom has been great

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

TADitto
Old
Thanks Meter 19

Been running 2.6 since it was released and havent had any issues with a it. Very stable and reliable its my daily drive. I did have this issue with macks 4.0, it would lock up just like you describe. Tried wiping cache and dalvik didnt fix it, wiped and reflashed it same issue. Finally redownloaded it and did a clean install and it work perfectly after that. My guess is you got a bad download, just happens every so often.

ChillinnPhillinn
Old
Thanks Meter 6
so is this only for ma5 because i encountered a system ui crash upon first flash then a failed reflash?

cincyelite22
Old
Thanks Meter 812

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillinnPhillinn View Post
so is this only for ma5 because i encountered a system ui crash upon first flash then a failed reflash?
Currently it is for LJC which is an official software version. It should not cause a systemui crash, could you specify what you installed and selected in aroma? Also have you verified your download was good by checking the MD5 with a MD5 tool? PM if you have anymore problems I can help if you run into trouble.

ProCision
Old
Thanks Meter 50
when you open message>attach>camera and you take a picture it dosent save. I also have two camera apps. Not sure what one to keep. I like the stock camera app the best. Unless there is a third party one that is better.
  • Android Devices
  • OGEvO4g - Rooted - AOKP - TWRP
  • Evo 4g Lte - Pac-Man - Rooted - TWRP
  • Nook Tablet - JellyBean - CWM
  • Samsung Note 2 - ParanoidAndroid - Philz
  • Samsung Nexus 10 - TWRP - Unlocked and Rooted
  • Nabi2 - rooted - Gapps - TWRP
  • Nexus 7 (2013) Stock

agentphantom
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Loaded this bad boy today cause I was looking for something more "stock" like with tweak. So far, so good. I tip my hat to the developer. Thanks!

balistc
Old
Thanks Meter 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCision View Post
when you open message>attach>camera and you take a picture it dosent save. I also have two camera apps. Not sure what one to keep. I like the stock camera app the best. Unless there is a third party one that is better.
Just tried it and it worked here on v2.6.

SM-N900P

The Following User Says Thank You to balistc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

seebeexee
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I've been running this ROM exclusively since version 1.3. It is an awesome work, and I see no need to try another. Kudos to the developers.

There are two issues I've noticed since the very beginning that I have yet to see addressed in this thread:

The first issue is that when I receive a text message with the phone off and drag the new message icon across the lockscreen (and then subsequently enter my unlock pattern) there is a rather long delay in opening the messaging app (typically 4-6 seconds). The display just sits on the home screen while I wait, and then the messaging app finally opens.

The second issue I've found is much more of a problem. Sometimes when I turn on the phone, whether by the power button or the home button, the system will completely bypass both the stock lockscreen and the pattern-unlock screen, and goes straight to the home screen. Sometimes, I can turn the phone off and back on again, up to 3 times, and the same thing will happen: no lock screen, no pattern unlock, just straight to the home screen. Eventually, the lock screens will start working again and function as normal, but it is just a question of how long before the issue re-appears. Typically, the phone bypasses the the lockscreens at least once per day.

I only ever use the stock TouchWiz lockscreen and I install all the Samsung apps. I also always secure my phone with an unlock pattern.

Has anyone else had these issues or have any solutions?

SpikeOhio
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by seebeexee View Post
I've been running this ROM exclusively since version 1.3. It is an awesome work, and I see no need to try another. Kudos to the developers.

There are two issues I've noticed since the very beginning that I have yet to see addressed in this thread:

The first issue is that when I receive a text message with the phone off and drag the new message icon across the lockscreen (and then subsequently enter my unlock pattern) there is a rather long delay in opening the messaging app (typically 4-6 seconds). The display just sits on the home screen while I wait, and then the messaging app finally opens.

The second issue I've found is much more of a problem. Sometimes when I turn on the phone, whether by the power button or the home button, the system will completely bypass both the stock lockscreen and the pattern-unlock screen, and goes straight to the home screen. Sometimes, I can turn the phone off and back on again, up to 3 times, and the same thing will happen: no lock screen, no pattern unlock, just straight to the home screen. Eventually, the lock screens will start working again and function as normal, but it is just a question of how long before the issue re-appears. Typically, the phone bypasses the the lockscreens at least once per day.

I only ever use the stock TouchWiz lockscreen and I install all the Samsung apps. I also always secure my phone with an unlock pattern.

Has anyone else had these issues or have any solutions?

I don't know as I have a solution for the second problem but in the settings toggle bar do you have something called "Lock Switcher"? If not, under the Toggle Settings it's called "Toggle Lockscreen", check if that is on. I've been messing with that lately trying to find out exactly what it's supposed to do and noticed if I turn it off, it seems to have the same affect you mentioned, sometimes it bypasses the lockscreen, sometimes it doesn't. I also use the pattern and as long as I have that on, I haven't had any problems. Just a thought, sorry I can't be more help.
Galaxy Note 2
Recovery: TWRP v2.3.2.3
ROM: Whompasaurus 4.2 (Clean)
Kernel: Stock Packaged with ROM
Hardware: L900.09