Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,036 Members 51,785 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What is the best deal for Note 2

Tip us?

Sexington
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] What is the best deal for Note 2

So I am up for a upgrade next week on the 18th and I really wanted to upgrade from the Skyrocket to the Note II. I want to try to find the best deal, because at the current $300 I don't think I would be able to get it. A month or so ago a couple people had luck getting Best Buy to price match the $99 Amazon Wireless price for the Note II on Sprint.. for a upgrade on AT&T. I have no idea how they got it to go through but someone even posted a copy of his receipt from Best Buy. Last week I called about 20 times trying to get a discount from AT&T customer service, since people had luck with them as well, but that failed. So I went down to Best Buy and they wouldn't do it either, even with the copy of the receipt. I just read about the $200 deal from Best Buy for the previous weekend and it sucks because people were able to get these great deals, and now that my upgrade is actually here I am going to miss out. Anyway, now that my rant is over, I was wondering if there are certain things people say or tricks that allow them to get places like Best Buy to lower prices that much and if I would be able to get a great deal next week.

Thanks.

R1K05@N
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexington View Post
So I am up for a upgrade next week on the 18th and I really wanted to upgrade from the Skyrocket to the Note II. I want to try to find the best deal, because at the current $300 I don't think I would be able to get it. A month or so ago a couple people had luck getting Best Buy to price match the $99 Amazon Wireless price for the Note II on Sprint.. for a upgrade on AT&T. I have no idea how they got it to go through but someone even posted a copy of his receipt from Best Buy. Last week I called about 20 times trying to get a discount from AT&T customer service, since people had luck with them as well, but that failed. So I went down to Best Buy and they wouldn't do it either, even with the copy of the receipt. I just read about the $200 deal from Best Buy for the previous weekend and it sucks because people were able to get these great deals, and now that my upgrade is actually here I am going to miss out. Anyway, now that my rant is over, I was wondering if there are certain things people say or tricks that allow them to get places like Best Buy to lower prices that much and if I would be able to get a great deal next week.

Thanks.
See what the current deals are @ Radio Shack, Costco, Sams Club, etc. Bring those ads in to Best Buy and see what they will price match... if that doesn't work, show some leg.
Back to Stock

el_chiefo
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Default Re: [Q] What is the best deal for Note 2

http://slickdeals.net/f/5848528-Sams...a-50-Gift-Card

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

djben75
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
I called AT&T customer service (several times) & talked to them about what a great customer I was & I was able to get it for $199 (the week of release!) They even waived all activation fees, & over nite shipping! There is a thread here about it if you do a search! (that is how I got the idea!)

nakizzzle805
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I got ours from best buy for like $230 and found online for $99 thru sprint and best buy matched!

Sexington
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakizzzle805 View Post
I got ours from best buy for like $230 and found online for $99 thru sprint and best buy matched!
Really.... I saw that a couple people posted about success at BB with price matching sprint but when I went in they said its for sprint and they won't price match for att. Currently there is a deal going on at BB that they give you $50 rewards points. Also RadioShack has note 2 upgrade for $200 so hopefully I can get BB to price match and then get the $50 off and get the note for $150.

But I would still like to get the $99 price match.. do you still have your receipt from when you got yours?

REDFOCZ
Old
Thanks Meter 172

I got mine at Brandsmart for $249

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
Current phone: Moto X
Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

MrBooMY
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Amazon Wireless has it for $199 with an upgrade or new contract. That's where I got mine.

yambo62274
Old
Thanks Meter 4

Best buy got my note 2 for $139 ..as well radio shack does price match as long as you bring in a printed Ad with competitor's price
Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Sexington
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by yambo62274 View Post
Best buy got my note 2 for $139 ..as well radio shack does price match as long as you bring in a printed Ad with competitor's price
Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
I am going tomorrow to finally get it from Best Buy.. I'm going to get them to price match radio shack and they seem to be having some deal where they give you $50 dollar credit.. so hopefully I will be able to get both those things and get if for $150.

How were you able to get it for $139 from Best Buy?..

XDA PORTAL POSTS

TWRP Now Available for the LG G Watch and Samsung Gear Live

Over the past week or so, we’ve talkedquite a bit about the first … more

Slate Calendar Helps You Organize Your Life

Without calendars in some form or another, most of our lives would be utter chaos. Unless you are … more

Shane Francis to Talk Android, Robotics, and Vision at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of … more

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more