FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

 View Poll Results: How about OC ? Do we need 1,7GHz ? (we still have sticky freqs, for the non oc guys)

Burn it to the ground
 
176 Vote(s)
61.11%
Im afraid of the speed
 
112 Vote(s)
38.89%
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[KERNEL DISCONTINUED]n3okernel|v44[VC|DT2W|S2W|GPU_INTERFACE|HP-CONTROL|BAL|BATT|PWR]

17th February 2013, 05:02 PM |#1311  
krypthon's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcek

me too, since upgrading to jb i have noticed this flickering on all kernels, I read somewhere this is a powersaving feature(on some other sam device).
I also noticed this flickering stops(or becomes unnoticable) on higher brightness-es

sorry for me nood question, but what is UV? and how to change this it?
 
 
17th February 2013, 05:06 PM |#1312  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 392
 
More
Re: [KERNEL 14|02|13]ncx_3.14_v14 JB Kernel_3.1.10 for AOSP & SENSE[s2w,gpu@520Mhz]
Quote:
Originally Posted by krypthon

sorry for me nood question, but what is UV? and how to change this it?

Under volting, is done to reduce power consumption (really hard to see on this soc) and heat (best reason)

Neo recommends the app system tuner

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
17th February 2013, 05:18 PM |#1313  
hugomc92's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Re: [KERNEL 14|02|13]ncx_3.14_v14 JB Kernel_3.1.10 for AOSP & SENSE[s2w,gpu@520Mhz]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivenby

Under volting, is done to reduce power consumption (really hard to see on this soc) and heat (best reason)

Neo recommends the app system tuner

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

And what are the best values to set it up?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
17th February 2013, 05:19 PM |#1314  
geko95gek's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Establishing Battlefield Control... Standby!
Thanks Meter: 6,838
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugomc92

And what are the best values to set it up?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Depends on your individual SoC.

You should try and test which values work best for you.
17th February 2013, 05:21 PM |#1315  
ferreinf's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 416
 
More
Re: [KERNEL 14|02|13]ncx_3.14_v14 JB Kernel_3.1.10 for AOSP & SENSE[s2w,gpu@520Mhz]
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3ocort3x

what about that patch for spirit fm... does it breake audio in calls or in mx plauer? irbpereira reported that but hes rhe only one so far. anyone on v14 can confirm?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Mine is working fine, flashed straight from the op, boot and modules @icj 2.1

Sent from my HTC One X
17th February 2013, 05:44 PM |#1316  
hugomc92's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Re: [KERNEL 14|02|13]ncx_3.14_v14 JB Kernel_3.1.10 for AOSP & SENSE[s2w,gpu@520Mhz]
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek

Depends on your individual SoC.

You should try and test which values work best for you.

And which ones are the best for performance and power saving?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
17th February 2013, 05:49 PM |#1317  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 392
 
More
Re: [KERNEL 14|02|13]ncx_3.14_v14 JB Kernel_3.1.10 for AOSP & SENSE[s2w,gpu@520Mhz]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugomc92

And which ones are the best for performance and power saving?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

There are no right values, there's stable and unstable. Read up a guide somewhere about the consequences of uv. It's generally safe but can cause random reboots, drops in performance, sleep of death, etc.

My hox can handle - 125uv on all frequencies but it depends on your phone, they are not all built the same way. Yours could go nuts with just - 50.

The general rule is usually to reduce - 25 in all frequencies and test for a day.. Then - 25 more and test more. Never set on boot.

Try to find a guide.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
17th February 2013, 05:59 PM |#1318  
tbalden's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 6,447
 
Donate to Me
More
Hey Neocortex!

Please check these fixes Thoemy and me had recently done on the cyanogenmod kernel tree:

Thoemy's Lag fix for Capactivie button leds: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...fd28bbf718b973

UMS read-only mode fixed to Read-Write (Usb mass storage works correctly now): https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...55f23a7519b4d8
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tbalden For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 06:12 PM |#1319  
n3ocort3x's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 10,879
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbalden

Hey Neocortex!

Please check these fixes Thoemy and me had recently done on the cyanogenmod kernel tree:

Thoemy's Lag fix for Capactivie button leds: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...fd28bbf718b973

UMS read-only mode fixed to Read-Write (Usb mass storage works correctly now): https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...55f23a7519b4d8

what would oneX be without u guys many many thanks ! I give the links to LorD, hes responsible for ROM stuff
Last edited by n3ocort3x; 17th February 2013 at 06:17 PM.
17th February 2013, 06:25 PM |#1320  
tbalden's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 6,447
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3ocort3x

what would oneX be without u guys many many thanks ! I give the links to LorD, hes responsible for ROM stuff

hey,

these are kernel commits!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes