Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,492 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App]Google Wallet Installer

Tip us?

bdorr1105
Old
Thanks Meter 1,241

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [App]Google Wallet Installer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjjaf View Post
Just a quick note that the Wallet Installer will soft-brick your phone if you are using the latest CM10.1 official nightly (02/13), I tried it four times and it soft-bricked the phone every single time. Let me be more specific, the program will install the wallet, but once you try to restore the build.pro that's when the soft-brick will happen. It could be that I am doing something wrong, but it worked flawlessly in previous nightlies. The CM team probably changed something that is causing this. I will continue to try to install it in the next CM updates.
Don't use the app to restore your build.prop, it makes a backup that you will see. Delete the current build.prop after you set up a debit or credit card then rename the build.prop.bak to build.prop and ensure that the permission is rw-r-r or verify that Is what it was before you run the installer. Reboot the phone go into recovery and wipe cache and dalvick and you should boot up, if it soft bricks again I don't know what to tell you

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chagothegreat View Post
Soft bricked my phone currently running JB Official
Have never soft bricked on any jb version rom and I been using this app since version 1 and I have used it on wicked v4 and up and currently on 7, Darthstalker, Frosty v11 and up, never had a issue

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Phone: Verizon HTC One (M8) (32GB)
Rooted - Yes (S-OFF)
ROM: [ROM] |ROM||★SKYFALL★||►1.55.605.2◄| |DEODEX|ODEX|XPOSED|HARMAN|ViPER|ART| |►2.6◄|5.17.14
Kernel: Stock
Mods: Xposed, Unicon, Greenify, Various Xposed
Recovery: TWRP

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tablet: Surface Pro 128GB

Don't Judge - It's actually awesome and I need it for Work

dyl421421
Old
(Last edited by dyl421421; 17th February 2013 at 06:50 PM.) Reason: added CWM w/ version
Thanks Meter 0
Okay, so I have a Verizon SCH-I535 roooted with stock rom on jelly bean. (4.1. Just to make sure I don't brick the secure element, what would I go about doing to get google wallet installed? I have CWM installed, version 6.0.2.3. I'm also thinking about switching out of stock to go to AOKP in like a month or two. I'm pretty new to android but pretty tech-savvy. Please give a detailed guide, as I really would love to get this running.

Prl91
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 564

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyl421421 View Post
Okay, so I have a Verizon SCH-I535 roooted with stock rom on jelly bean. (4.1. Just to make sure I don't brick the secure element, what would I go about doing to get google wallet installed? I have CWM installed, version 6.0.2.3. I'm also thinking about switching out of stock to go to AOKP in like a month or two. I'm pretty new to android but pretty tech-savvy. Please give a detailed guide, as I really would love to get this running.
Wallet Installer should do everything for you. Just be sure to read the main post. The download link is there as well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Beamed Through Space By My Alienware M14XR2

GinoAMelone
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Been a very happy user of this tool for a while. I, however, have a question/request. I run the CM10.1 nightlies and I've found it convenient to use CyanDelta to keep up-to-date. In the past, I've just given CyanDelta a copy of the wallet.zip and let it re-flash that every time it updates my ROM. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find that file when I re-used Wallet Installer tonight. I was running sans wallet since the last wallet update because it insisted on updating and puking on me (with restored boot.prop).

It has worked fine to just re-flash the wallet.zip after a dirty-flash of the newest nightly in the past.

So, can you point me to where I can find the wallet.zip this app is using?

Thanks,
Gino A...

Rev. Voodoo
Old
Thanks Meter 43
This just helped me get my verizon GS3 exactly where I want it to be, worked perfectly!

Prl91
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 564

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoAMelone View Post
Been a very happy user of this tool for a while. I, however, have a question/request. I run the CM10.1 nightlies and I've found it convenient to use CyanDelta to keep up-to-date. In the past, I've just given CyanDelta a copy of the wallet.zip and let it re-flash that every time it updates my ROM. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find that file when I re-used Wallet Installer tonight. I was running sans wallet since the last wallet update because it insisted on updating and puking on me (with restored boot.prop).

It has worked fine to just re-flash the wallet.zip after a dirty-flash of the newest nightly in the past.

So, can you point me to where I can find the wallet.zip this app is using?

Thanks,
Gino A...
Glad you've had success before with Wallet Installer. Unfortunately, Wallet Installer does download a zip, but it is no longer flashable. The app breaks down the files I put in the zip and then puts them in place with the correct permissions and etc. The zip still has a update-script from the first version of WI in it, but it won't work, since the zip is now just used as an easy download solution.

GinoAMelone
Old
Thanks Meter 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prl91 View Post
Glad you've had success before with Wallet Installer. Unfortunately, Wallet Installer does download a zip, but it is no longer flashable. The app breaks down the files I put in the zip and then puts them in place with the correct permissions and etc. The zip still has a update-script from the first version of WI in it, but it won't work, since the zip is now just used as an easy download solution.
Sounds fair. Would you consider a reinstall option that only installs the files without the build.prop changes, then?

Prl91
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 564

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoAMelone View Post
Sounds fair. Would you consider a reinstall option that only installs the files without the build.prop changes, then?
I would have no problem doing that! Unfortunately, however, it probably won't happen for a while, since there isn't a need to update to V4 yet. When V4 is released, which will be whenever the installation method of Wallet needs to be changed, I'll add the option : )

aznvi3tric3guy
Old
Thanks Meter 36

Anyone experience the pain when resetting Google wallet it stuck at 97% or 96% ? If you kill Google wallet. Then every time you open it it proceed to reset again but get stuck again?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Prl91
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 564

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznvi3tric3guy View Post
Anyone experience the pain when resetting Google wallet it stuck at 97% or 96% ? If you kill Google wallet. Then every time you open it it proceed to reset again but get stuck again?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
I know that sometimes it gets "stuck" before reaching 100%. Generally, Wallet is reset when that happens, but I don't know about it popping back up every time. I haven't heard of that.