Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Windows 8 doesn't allow me to type!! serious bug after Feb patch Tuesday

OP HTCalltheway

13th February 2013, 04:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

76 posts
More
both of my computers now have a serious bug... this only happened after I installed the February patch Tuesday updates. after using the pc for a while Windows 8 stops responding to keyboard presses. it just makes a "click" sound and doesn't input any letters. here's what I mean: youtube

Do you also have this problem? I can't believe Microsoft didn't catch this bug.
13th February 2013, 06:48 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 119

764 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCalltheway

both of my computers now have a serious bug... this only happened after I installed the February patch Tuesday updates. after using the pc for a while Windows 8 stops responding to keyboard presses. it just makes a "click" sound and doesn't input any letters. here's what I mean: youtube

Do you also have this problem? I can't believe Microsoft didn't catch this bug.

This is not specific to windows 8. It happens to ppl sometimes. Try to reinstall the touch pad drivers for you laptop (not the Microsoft driver but the driver from the manufactures homepage/CD.
13th February 2013, 08:48 AM   |  #3  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 348

1,652 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: Windows 8 doesn't allow me to type!! serious bug after Feb patch Tuesday
Which update specifically does it?

Sent from my Galaxy S3
13th February 2013, 06:30 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

76 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardh

This is not specific to windows 8. It happens to ppl sometimes. Try to reinstall the touch pad drivers for you laptop (not the Microsoft driver but the driver from the manufactures homepage/CD.

i doubt it's the touch pad driver.. so far it hppened 4 times on both pf my pc..
13th February 2013, 08:30 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

76 posts
More
update, same thing is also happening on my surface RT... definitely not a driver thing... must be problem with the updates....
14th February 2013, 10:36 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 15

116 posts
Check the Auto repeat in the keyboard settings in Control Panel...
15th February 2013, 05:30 AM   |  #7  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 348

1,652 posts
Donate to Me
More
Well either way, I've not had this happen to me. It doesn't mess up my touchscreen, keyboard, or touchpad on my Lenovo Yoga 13
16th February 2013, 02:15 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
I had the same problem, the keyboard and mouse stopped respondind on the lock screen when the system restarted after these last updates , since I couldn't log in and didn't have a repair disk, I had to reinstall the system.
17th February 2013, 02:26 PM   |  #9  
Flag Ronkonkoma
Thanks Meter: 1

36 posts
More
Same issue here I have a surface pro with type cover. The cover no longer worked. (no typing or mouse pad). Went back to the Microsoft store where purchased and they replaced the system for me. They didn't even try to fix it..The associates at the store are a great group of people. They really support their products!!!
17th February 2013, 07:53 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 10

106 posts
More
Call your manafacture or Microsoft and see if the update took away compatibility for the keyboard in question. If you diff rent keyboards for both computers, check both.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread