Originally Posted by magn2o
What is it?
A "Tweaked" TouchWiz Launcher
is my attempt at bringing some of custom launcher aesthetics to the default TouchWiz launcher. Sure, I could use a custom launcher -- and I have. I've tried dozens, but none of them can offer the same fluidity and speed that TouchWiz does. As I dig deeper within the TouchWiz code, more features will be added/unlocked!
- (NEW) Rotation support! (Adheres to system rotation setting)
- (NEW) App drawer icon centered!
- Labels removed from docked icons.
- Drop shadow removed from dock icons.
- Margins optimized to maximize space (where possible)
- 4x5 homescreen layout
- Page indicators removed, space reclaimed.
- Scrolling wallpapers.
- Page looping disabled (scrolling wallpapers looked like crap with this enabled).
- Download/copy appropriate version to internal storage.
- Boot into recovery.
- Make a backup!
I have no problem if you wish to include this in your custom ROMs, I only ask that you provide a link back to this thread so users can keep up on any updates. For those looking to perform manual edits, see here
- Reduced app drawer margin slightly due to text cropping.
- Added 5th row to home.
- Adjusted launcher to eliminate overlapping of launcher icon "hot areas" and 5th row widgets. [sinichi21]
- Adjusted launcher width to reduce "squished" appearance [eortizr]
Minimally Increased bottom padding on launcher to match positioning of icons (if any) on lockscreen
- "Fixed" docked Messaging icon text re-appearing after a notification in portrait mode (still exists in Landscape)
- Rotation support, and it respects your global rotation setting.
- App drawer centered!
- Re-adjusted margins a bit.
- 4x6 App Drawer in portrait and 7x3 in landscape.
- 80% app drawer translucency removed. (I'm not happy with how it appears on the screen, I'm working out a better method).
- Fixed initial center app icon bug where app icon could sometimes be covered by another app icon when running TweakWiz for the first time.
- Added optional NO_LANDSCAPE version (no rotation)
- Added option NO_SCROLL version (no scrolling wallpaper, re-enabled page looping)
- Icon text re-appears below docked "Messaging" app after receiving notification in landscape only!
Like AOSP/ICS? Check out mrvirginia
's custom version of TweakWiz! [link
Thank you! A moment of your time, please..
As with all of my contributions (here and elsewhere), I do this for fun and expect nothing in return. However, I have received a couple donations in support of my work recently, and while much appreciated, they are unnecessary. In lieu of donations to myself, should you feel inclined, I would much prefer any monies be donated to the CNCF Hope (The Children's Neuroblastoma Cancer Foundation)
instead. This is a cause very close to my heart and this organization would benefit much more from your donation than I ever would.
Again, no obligation or expectations -- a simple "Thanks!" would more than suffice.
: Launcher rotation disabled, portrait only.
: No scolling wallpaper, page looping/infinite scroll is enabled