Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,468 Members 37,413 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I got Whatsapp workin' on my WiFi Tab, I guess?!

Tip us?

moaustin316
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdc View Post
that's a very helpful reference. but now that i read it requires whatsapp to be running exclusively only on one device per phone number, i will work on this when i get another number then. thanks!
I used my work phone number as my second number. I then synced my contacts from my phone to my tab and I was able to add my tablet to group messages. Whatsapp looks real good on the tab.

CGtts
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Talking text from tab

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04deveni View Post
Awesome idea! Now if only someone could figure out how to get SMS from my phone onto the tab, that would be dope!
Try Mightytext, its a free app from the play store. Two apps, one for your phone and one for the tab.

I have this installed on my S3, Tab 10.1 & Chromebook and works great on them all. Texts come through instantly.

Chromebook version is available for Google chrome from the chrome store.
The Following User Says Thank You to CGtts For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
whatsapp wifi sgt