Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,541 Members 52,862 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Webtop App

Tip us?

vshaF
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Up!

Is there someone here who tested that?

pillpusher84
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
not sure about that webtop.img file ... 768MB has me suspicious that that is a complete ROM file for the Atrix ... not about to flash that one to my device just yet ... any other solutions working out there?

EdwardN
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by pillpusher84 View Post
not sure about that webtop.img file ... 768MB has me suspicious that that is a complete ROM file for the Atrix ... not about to flash that one to my device just yet ... any other solutions working out there?
I think it might be webtop 2, which had a whole linux partition created for webtop. A bit overkill, imo

mikoyano
Old
Thanks Meter 0
so is there any why i could get webtop on razr hd

sullytrny
Old
Thanks Meter 29
The webtop had its own partition. Just mirror it and get bt mot keyboard and mouse :what:

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk HD
HTC ONE - XT912 - GT3113 - COLBY 3048 - KFHD 8.9 all rooted

mtvdeo
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I really hope someone can bring webtop to the Razr HD. Or Ubuntu or something. The lapdock on JB works ok, I guess, but it doesn't fit to screen size. Just got my Razr HD two days ago and I am satisfied so far, but I wish webtop worked.
The Following User Says Thank You to mtvdeo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rbaudouin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtvdeo View Post
I really hope someone can bring webtop to the Razr HD. Or Ubuntu or something. The lapdock on JB works ok, I guess, but it doesn't fit to screen size. Just got my Razr HD two days ago and I am satisfied so far, but I wish webtop worked.
I hope so.....

jfriend33
Old
Thanks Meter 68
First I would like to start off by saying how much I hate XDA. Because of this place I have friends and family consistently pestering me to help them fix their phones, tweak their phones, and overall just making their mobile phone experience better. I would like to thank each and every one of you. This community is the most friggin' neat thing I have yet to discover. I have personally learned how to do lots of things with technology, android specifically.

This whole webtop issue seriously breaks my heart. I'm sure the same thing applies to many of you. Folks, this is android. The land of possibilities. I am not going to believe for one second just because the manufacturer stopped supporting webtop on models post Razr and Razr Maxx that it would not be functional on the Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD.

Yes, I am fully aware that my Razr Maxx HD will connect just fine and dandy with the Lapdock 100 and 500. However the interface is not webtop. There has got to be some glimmer of hope here. Sure there's the padfone. But that isn't compatible with Verizon. If you search the Motorola community forums or whatever they're called, many many many many people are highly interested in webtop on newer devices.

Guys, I ask you this. Please explain to me why we can't have webtop ported to the Razr HD/maxx. I would greatly appreciate it.

mtvdeo
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfriend33 View Post
First I would like to start off by saying how much I hate XDA. Because of this place I have friends and family consistently pestering me to help them fix their phones, tweak their phones, and overall just making their mobile phone experience better. I would like to thank each and every one of you. This community is the most friggin' neat thing I have yet to discover. I have personally learned how to do lots of things with technology, android specifically.

This whole webtop issue seriously breaks my heart. I'm sure the same thing applies to many of you. Folks, this is android. The land of possibilities. I am not going to believe for one second just because the manufacturer stopped supporting webtop on models post Razr and Razr Maxx that it would not be functional on the Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD.

Yes, I am fully aware that my Razr Maxx HD will connect just fine and dandy with the Lapdock 100 and 500. However the interface is not webtop. There has got to be some glimmer of hope here. Sure there's the padfone. But that isn't compatible with Verizon. If you search the Motorola community forums or whatever they're called, many many many many people are highly interested in webtop on newer devices.

Guys, I ask you this. Please explain to me why we can't have webtop ported to the Razr HD/maxx. I would greatly appreciate it.
+1

It should be possible guys, come on, we can do it!

jfriend33
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Linking to thread in development section where a bounty is in progress

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2382986

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD