View Poll Results: Which type of microUSB charging connection should the new Car Dock have?
Fixed microUSB position (does not work with cases) 6 20.69%
Flexible microUSB "arm" (works with all cases) 23 79.31%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

How should the perfect Vehicle Dock for Note II look like? From iBOLT...

OP MikaelPe

16th February 2013, 05:21 AM   |  #711  
Thanks Meter: 216

570 posts
Re: How should the perfect Vehicle Dock for Note II look like? From iBOLT...
In my hacked htc hd2 dock lately I just use nova lancher which rotates automatically, and no dedicated car mode. Bigger icons would be nice and alternate home screen layouts and icon & widget choices would be nice, but just rotating to landscape is good enough for now. As it happens this dock I'm using does have a flat surface that might be just close enough to the nfc antenna. Just annoyed at Samsung.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
16th February 2013, 04:03 PM   |  #712  
Flag Seacoast, NH
Thanks Meter: 3

40 posts
More
Anyone know how to get Carhome ultra to be the default program to launch when i plug in the dock connector? It launches the clock app. I don't remember setting anything as the default before hand.
16th February 2013, 04:20 PM   |  #713  
Thanks Meter: 56

590 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBryant

Anyone know how to get Carhome ultra to be the default program to launch when i plug in the dock connector? It launches the clock app. I don't remember setting anything as the default before hand.

Check out my post for my setup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
16th February 2013, 04:54 PM   |  #714  
Flag Seacoast, NH
Thanks Meter: 3

40 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunyabiziz

Check out my post for my setup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Thanks. That worked. I was just hoping that it would work like MikaelPe had shown in the video. Just plug in the cable, select carhome ultra, and boom, it launches carhome ultra when the dock connecter is plugged in without having to use a different app to launch carhome. I had it carhome setup to launch when BT connected but it just defeats the purpose of having a car dock.
16th February 2013, 05:02 PM   |  #715  
Thanks Meter: 56

590 posts
Glad to hear that it worked for you.
16th February 2013, 06:54 PM   |  #716  
Thanks Meter: 217

1,178 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBryant

Thanks. That worked. I was just hoping that it would work like MikaelPe had shown in the video. Just plug in the cable, select carhome ultra, and boom, it launches carhome ultra when the dock connecter is plugged in without having to use a different app to launch carhome. I had it carhome setup to launch when BT connected but it just defeats the purpose of having a car dock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaelPe

We at iBOLT are a main "driver" in this process. First out will be the popular application CarHome Ultra which will be updated to support Smartdock mode within the next week.

Reading is fundamental

swyped all these spelling errors from my galaxy note 2
Last edited by finalhit; 16th February 2013 at 06:56 PM.
17th February 2013, 02:43 AM   |  #717  
OP Senior Member
Flag Stony Brook
Thanks Meter: 136

220 posts
Ulysse Speedometer becoming xProDock compatible..
We just received the updated app today for the popular application Ulysse Speedometer so within not too many days this app too will be formally updated on Google Play with the note that it works as "Dock app" with the xProDock and Samsung's Smartdock mode. Greetings!
The Following User Says Thank You to MikaelPe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 06:19 PM   |  #718  
Flag Nottingham, UK
Thanks Meter: 16

93 posts
More
Am I right in thinking that flashing the Perseus kernel enables you to have car mode as well as smart dock mode? I'm trying to decide which route to go down when making my own cable, and I don't want (for example) my car apps to open when I plug it into a smart dock so it would be good to be able to tell the difference between the two.
17th February 2013, 09:13 PM   |  #719  
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
Got the new cable and I'm using Tasker to do a whole bunch of stuff when the cable is plugged in including launching CarHome. Works incredibly well.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
18th February 2013, 09:58 AM   |  #720  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 190

199 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYofR

In my hacked htc hd2 dock lately I just use nova lancher which rotates automatically, and no dedicated car mode. Bigger icons would be nice and alternate home screen layouts and icon & widget choices would be nice, but just rotating to landscape is good enough for now. As it happens this dock I'm using does have a flat surface that might be just close enough to the nfc antenna. Just annoyed at Samsung.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

I found This, it is made for driving and it also has big icons! Someone also mentioned in the thread that it works on the note 2.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread