FORUMS

Droid Turbo Lollipop OTA, 2015 Moto G Leaked – XDA TV

Android Lollipop for the Droid Turbo has been released. That and much more … more

EVLeaks Shows Off Possible BlackBerry Android Phone

It wasn’t too long ago that we received reports of BlackBerry planning to use … more

Mysterious GG1 Google Device Stops by FCC. Glass v2?

As the year progresses, we draw further away from Google’s annual I/O … more

Material and Material Dark Hit Samsung’s Theme Store

The latest version of Touchwiz, launched alongside the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, … more

 View Poll Results: Which type of microUSB charging connection should the new Car Dock have?

Fixed microUSB position (does not work with cases)
 
6 Vote(s)
20.69%
Flexible microUSB "arm" (works with all cases)
 
23 Vote(s)
79.31%

How should the perfect Vehicle Dock for Note II look like? From iBOLT...

225 posts
Thanks Meter: 140
 
By MikaelPe, Senior Member on 28th September 2012, 08:06 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
16th February 2013, 05:21 AM |#711  
KEYofR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 219
 
More
Re: How should the perfect Vehicle Dock for Note II look like? From iBOLT...
In my hacked htc hd2 dock lately I just use nova lancher which rotates automatically, and no dedicated car mode. Bigger icons would be nice and alternate home screen layouts and icon & widget choices would be nice, but just rotating to landscape is good enough for now. As it happens this dock I'm using does have a flat surface that might be just close enough to the nfc antenna. Just annoyed at Samsung.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
 
 
16th February 2013, 04:03 PM |#712  
Member
Flag Seacoast, NH
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Anyone know how to get Carhome ultra to be the default program to launch when i plug in the dock connector? It launches the clock app. I don't remember setting anything as the default before hand.
16th February 2013, 04:20 PM |#713  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 61
 
More
Re: How should the perfect Vehicle Dock for Note II look like? From iBOLT...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBryant

Anyone know how to get Carhome ultra to be the default program to launch when i plug in the dock connector? It launches the clock app. I don't remember setting anything as the default before hand.

Check out my post for my setup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
16th February 2013, 04:54 PM |#714  
Member
Flag Seacoast, NH
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunyabiziz

Check out my post for my setup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Thanks. That worked. I was just hoping that it would work like MikaelPe had shown in the video. Just plug in the cable, select carhome ultra, and boom, it launches carhome ultra when the dock connecter is plugged in without having to use a different app to launch carhome. I had it carhome setup to launch when BT connected but it just defeats the purpose of having a car dock.
16th February 2013, 05:02 PM |#715  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 61
 
More
Glad to hear that it worked for you.
16th February 2013, 06:54 PM |#716  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 218
 
More
Re: How should the perfect Vehicle Dock for Note II look like? From iBOLT...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBryant

Thanks. That worked. I was just hoping that it would work like MikaelPe had shown in the video. Just plug in the cable, select carhome ultra, and boom, it launches carhome ultra when the dock connecter is plugged in without having to use a different app to launch carhome. I had it carhome setup to launch when BT connected but it just defeats the purpose of having a car dock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaelPe

We at iBOLT are a main "driver" in this process. First out will be the popular application CarHome Ultra which will be updated to support Smartdock mode within the next week.

Reading is fundamental

swyped all these spelling errors from my galaxy note 2
Last edited by finalhit; 16th February 2013 at 06:56 PM.
17th February 2013, 02:43 AM |#717  
OP Senior Member
Flag Stony Brook
Thanks Meter: 140
 
More
Ulysse Speedometer becoming xProDock compatible..
We just received the updated app today for the popular application Ulysse Speedometer so within not too many days this app too will be formally updated on Google Play with the note that it works as "Dock app" with the xProDock and Samsung's Smartdock mode. Greetings!
The Following User Says Thank You to MikaelPe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 06:19 PM |#718  
ChrisEmerson's Avatar
Member
Flag Nottingham, UK
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Am I right in thinking that flashing the Perseus kernel enables you to have car mode as well as smart dock mode? I'm trying to decide which route to go down when making my own cable, and I don't want (for example) my car apps to open when I plug it into a smart dock so it would be good to be able to tell the difference between the two.
17th February 2013, 09:13 PM |#719  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Re: How should the perfect Vehicle Dock for Note II look like? From iBOLT...
Got the new cable and I'm using Tasker to do a whole bunch of stuff when the cable is plugged in including launching CarHome. Works incredibly well.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
18th February 2013, 09:58 AM |#720  
Senior Member
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 193
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYofR

In my hacked htc hd2 dock lately I just use nova lancher which rotates automatically, and no dedicated car mode. Bigger icons would be nice and alternate home screen layouts and icon & widget choices would be nice, but just rotating to landscape is good enough for now. As it happens this dock I'm using does have a flat surface that might be just close enough to the nfc antenna. Just annoyed at Samsung.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

I found This, it is made for driving and it also has big icons! Someone also mentioned in the thread that it works on the note 2.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes