5,593,293 Members 32,910 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck on Boot Screen after attempted Kernel Install

Tip us?

nbarr7655
Old
(Last edited by nbarr7655; 17th February 2013 at 06:28 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation [Q] Stuck on Boot Screen after attempted Kernel Install

Hello all. I have had Shostock3 for a while now and read that if you use the Siyah Kernel with it then it is an awesome combo. Well I downloaded the kernel and went to install it through CWM and now I have a big problem. I chose to reboot and install the kernel and when I did I am now STUCK at the screen that says "Samsung Galaxy S II GT-i9100" with the yellow triangle. I have let it just sit and see what it does but it goes no where. WHAT DO I DO?!?!?! HELP! Thanks all!

Samsung Galaxy S II i777
Running Shostock3
WAS running with default kernel that comes with Shostock3

EDIT: It doesn't seem that I can get into the recovery mode either. I am trying the volume button + power button combination and having no luck....

122ninjas
Old
Thanks Meter 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarr7655 View Post
Hello all. I have had Shostock3 for a while now and read that if you use the Siyah Kernel with it then it is an awesome combo. Well I downloaded the kernel and went to install it through CWM and now I have a big problem. I chose to reboot and install the kernel and when I did I am now STUCK at the screen that says "Samsung Galaxy S II GT-i9100" with the yellow triangle. I have let it just sit and see what it does but it goes no where. WHAT DO I DO?!?!?! HELP! Thanks all!

Samsung Galaxy S II i777
Running Shostock3
WAS running with default kernel that comes with Shostock3

EDIT: It doesn't seem that I can get into the recovery mode either. I am trying the volume button + power button combination and having no luck....
Which siyah did you flash. The one you want is called AJK now
Galaxy S 4, Running CM11 Kandy Kane

nbarr7655
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 122ninjas View Post
Which siyah did you flash. The one you want is called AJK now

/Siyah-I777-v7.9b-S.zip

Is the name of the file that I tried to put on. Should I try to get the one that you stated and put it on via download mode? Because it seems that I can get into download mode but that's about it. I can't get into recovery.

Phalanx7621
Old
Thanks Meter 2045
Default Re: [Q] Stuck on Boot Screen after attempted Kernel Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarr7655 View Post
/Siyah-I777-v7.9b-S.zip

Is the name of the file that I tried to put on. Should I try to get the one that you stated and put it on via download mode? Because it seems that I can get into download mode but that's about it. I can't get into recovery.
Hold power button plus volume up and volume down, keep it held in until you boot into recovery. Recovery won't just disappear, normally people just aren't holding them in long enough or are using the wrong button combo. Let us know if you get back up and running. Also make sure when installing the siyah kernel you're following the OP directions to the letter.

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S II, Motorola Atrix[retired]

nbarr7655
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx7621 View Post
Hold power button plus volume up and volume down, keep it held in until you boot into recovery. Recovery won't just disappear, normally people just aren't holding them in long enough or are using the wrong button combo. Let us know if you get back up and running. Also make sure when installing the siyah kernel you're following the OP directions to the letter.
I can't get into recovery. I simply cant. I hold the buttons, correctly might I add, and then the logo appears, then goes away and I am left with nothing but a blank, black screen. The bottom buttons aren't even lit.

Phalanx7621
Old
Thanks Meter 2045

Possible hardware failure on your power button or one of your volume buttons I supposed. Have you tried flashing a siyah.tar file in odin to get a.different usable recovery?

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S II, Motorola Atrix[retired]

nbarr7655
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx7621 View Post
Possible hardware failure on your power button or one of your volume buttons I supposed. Have you tried flashing a siyah.tar file in odin to get a.different usable recovery?
If you could link me a Siyah kernel that is in a .tar format I would be appreciative.

gireeshtty9
Old
Thanks Meter 44

Dude do as Phalanx says. Vol up+Vol down+ Power and even after the logo goes away dont release the buttons. Recovery will show up.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Whizzpopper
Old
Thanks Meter 235
Either that or if you get adb up an running on your computer, hook up your phone via usb and type (this is for mac, may be slightly different for other os's):
adb root
adb reboot recovery

and voila! your phone boots up in recovery!

kurtisherzog88
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default can't get past boot screen on siyah 5.0.1

I spent all the time I could thinking I had this but apparently I don't!
Have AT&T Samsung i777 running the latest stock 4.1.2 that I got from Kies.
Wanted to try my hand at custom roms.
Was able to root phone using flamaroot which gave me SU ability
Bought Mobile Odin pro, downloaded Siyah .tar file and put it on SD.
Flashed it with mobile Odin.
Because I'm an idiot, I was hoping to make a rom backup after flashing.
Now, it boots "Samsung" then the Siyah screen, then goes blank.
I can get into CWM recovery but without a backup rom to restore to I'm not sure what to do.
Also, can get into Download mode which reads:
ODIN MODE
Product Name: SGH-I777
Custom Binary Download: NO
Current Binary: Samsung Official
However, it reads downloading, but I do not believe there's anything to download and it's been like this for 20 minutes
ANY ideas on what I could or should do would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Kurt