[MOD] Data2SD (Enhanced) - I/O Fix

Tip us?

_that
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2067
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloomTwig View Post
Ok, cool! However, I have looked in to the program and I don't understand how to even run it on Win7... Any hints? =)
You don't It's a Linux program. Use your favorite bootable Linux distribution (I use SystemRescueCD), or get the bootable gparted live CD iso.
The Following User Says Thank You to _that For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BloomTwig
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by _that View Post
You don't It's a Linux program. Use your favorite bootable Linux distribution (I use SystemRescueCD), or get the bootable gparted live CD iso.
Bummer, any reliable windows softwares that I can use instead? If not, do I just burn the ISO and boot from the CD? Sounds awfully messy
Using:
ASUS TF700T (Infinity) running CROMi-Xenogenesis
Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337M) running ALPHA S4

In retirement:
HTC One X running InsertCoin
HTC Incredible S running IceCold Sandwich
Sony Ericsson x10 mini, unrooted.

mescalinedreamz
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I just recovered from bricking my tf300t on cleanrom 3.3 . I am running clockwork and first was able to install data2sd using info fro thecleanrom 3.3 page. I had to use 3.03 rom and never had sdcardi showing. I did have to deal with encryption errors at first because i used minitool. After i formater my sandisk 64mb class 10 with gparted it worked. In settings it showed my main memory at 60gb and my external showed the fat 32 partition of 2gb. I tried downloading a torrent movie andit was locking things up. It didnt do that without data2sd , my previous overclocked version 3.2 cleanrom really flew.i did download torrents directly to a 8gb class4 card.

So i decided to try data2sd with cleanrom 3.3, iinstalled it all and used unters kernal i think. It booted and was lightning fast, but there was a big problem. I downloaded androbench and tried running the benchmark, it rebooted thetablet! I triedit again and itrebooted again. I then tried to delete adrobench and it wouldnt, it rebooted instread.

So i go back to clockworkmod and noticed when i clicked on install zip from internal sd that /emmc/!microSD folder was there. I click on it in clockwork and it just opens up another empty !microSD folder,. If i keep clicking on it then icankeep opening it /emmc/!microSD/!microSD/!microSD/!microSD etc.i also cannotdelete that folder in windows cause i dont see it, stock filemanager sees it but refuses to delete or rename. I then screwed up and formatted emmc dumb move, could flash roms but the asus screen would lock up , 4 hours later i managed to install stock asus rom awhich killed rootetc. Formatting emmc removed all the internal files including emmcdirectory. I rememberd that mountdata2sd would reinstall emmc so i ran that before i installed the stock rom. Problem is, the mountdata2sd also installed !microSD file on /sdcard/ so i am still stuck withthat file.

I just rerooted after installing clockwork and want to install cleanrom 3.3 on my tf300t and want to trygetting data2sd working. I reformattted my microsd again using gparted. How do i delete !microSD? From the internal sdcard before i try again? Also, does anyone know the steps to get it working on tf300t which kernal? Step by step if you can, thanks.

I also dont know if its cleanrom 3.3 doing it or data2sd but at the asus screen the "device is unlocked" flashesand blurs out. Someone posted in cleanrom 3.3 on the issue to

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11243

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedreamz View Post
I just recovered from bricking my tf300t on cleanrom 3.3 . I am running clockwork and first was able to install data2sd using info fro thecleanrom 3.3 page. I had to use 3.03 rom and never had sdcardi showing. I did have to deal with encryption errors at first because i used minitool. After i formater my sandisk 64mb class 10 with gparted it worked. In settings it showed my main memory at 60gb and my external showed the fat 32 partition of 2gb. I tried downloading a torrent movie andit was locking things up. It didnt do that without data2sd , my previous overclocked version 3.2 cleanrom really flew.i did download torrents directly to a 8gb class4 card.

So i decided to try data2sd with cleanrom 3.3, iinstalled it all and used unters kernal i think. It booted and was lightning fast, but there was a big problem. I downloaded androbench and tried running the benchmark, it rebooted thetablet! I triedit again and itrebooted again. I then tried to delete adrobench and it wouldnt, it rebooted instread.

So i go back to clockworkmod and noticed when i clicked on install zip from internal sd that /emmc/!microSD folder was there. I click on it in clockwork and it just opens up another empty !microSD folder,. If i keep clicking on it then icankeep opening it /emmc/!microSD/!microSD/!microSD/!microSD etc.i also cannotdelete that folder in windows cause i dont see it, stock filemanager sees it but refuses to delete or rename. I then screwed up and formatted emmc dumb move, could flash roms but the asus screen would lock up , 4 hours later i managed to install stock asus rom awhich killed rootetc. Formatting emmc removed all the internal files including emmcdirectory. I rememberd that mountdata2sd would reinstall emmc so i ran that before i installed the stock rom. Problem is, the mountdata2sd also installed !microSD file on /sdcard/ so i am still stuck withthat file.

I just rerooted after installing clockwork and want to install cleanrom 3.3 on my tf300t and want to trygetting data2sd working. I reformattted my microsd again using gparted. How do i delete !microSD? From the internal sdcard before i try again? Also, does anyone know the steps to get it working on tf300t which kernal? Step by step if you can, thanks.

I also dont know if its cleanrom 3.3 doing it or data2sd but at the asus screen the "device is unlocked" flashesand blurs out. Someone posted in cleanrom 3.3 on the issue to
Try the data 2sd that 10.4.4.25 kernel. Sounds like your tf300 doesn't like the GPU over clocking of the other one which is clemsyn's
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700 Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700 Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700 Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201 Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X Development

Darnell_Chat_TN
Old
Thanks Meter 326
Default Re: [MOD] Data2SD (Enhanced) - I/O Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalis View Post
First of all, you have to format the microSDcard with Gparted. Do not use minitool. You can create a gparted boot disk and boot with it to run it - do a google search to find the gparted iso.

Second of all, you may need to be on the 10.4.4.25 bootloader. Not sure if it is required, but it does not hurt to upgrade to it.

Then, I prefer buhohitr's procedure:

First, using TWRP, install CleanRom 3.2.2 normally on your tablet, reboot into it, and go through the setup. Power off the tablet.

1. Using Gparted, Format your microSDcard with first partition fat32 and the second partion ext4, with the boot flag.

2. Copy your required zip files onto the fat32 partition:

cromi-3.2.x-data2sd.zip
mount-data2sd.zip
that-kernel-10.4.4.25-1-data2sd.zip (or the overclock version, that-kernel-10.4.4.25-1-oc-data2sd.zip)

3. Insert the microSDcard and make sure it's working by boot into twrp. Tap on install and twrp should see all the previous copied zip files on the fat32 partion.

Action:

1. In TWRP, take a nandroid - backup to the external microSDcard

2. Flash mount-data2sd.zip

3. Restore the backup you just made

4. Flash cromi-3.2.x-data2sd.zip

Optional: flash that-kernel-10.4.4.25-1-data2sd.zip (or the overclock version, that-kernel-10.4.4.25-1-oc-data2sd.zip). I personally find the Clemsyn kernel flashed by cromi-3.2.x-data2sd.zip works fine.

5. Reboot - Done. You should see all your stuff, but now it's running on data2sd.

buhohitr, please correct me if I have anything wrong here.
Just wanted to mention, I used the steps mentioned above to get data2sd going for me, but instead of TWRP I used CWM Touch and had all the files on the Internal storage's /sdcard/ space.

I did this because I formatted most of my MicroSD as ext4, all but ~64MB that is Fat32. Since I wanted to expand the space my TF700T saw as "internal storage" to a great a degree as possible. Now I've practically got a 64GB Infinity with faster storage than the original .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloomTwig View Post
Bummer, any reliable windows softwares that I can use instead? If not, do I just burn the ISO and boot from the CD? Sounds awfully messy
Just burn the ISO and boot from a CD. It's all pretty straight forward. gParted is the safest way.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
History: Some Casio B.O.S.S. things -> Palm Professional -> Visor Prism -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro -> HTC Touch Pro 2 -> HTC HD2 -> MyTouch 4G Slide (HTC Doubleshot).
Present: Google Nexus 10, ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T, HTC One (M7), HTC Sensation 4G & G-Slate (LG Optimus Pad).
============================
For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, (1 Timothy 2:5)
The Following User Says Thank You to Darnell_Chat_TN For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mescalinedreamz
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
Try the data 2sd that 10.4.4.25 kernel. Sounds like your tf300 doesn't like the GPU over clocking of the other one which is clemsyn's
Can you tell me the exact steps i should take? this is what i did for the first try and the results were awfully slow, androbench said it was slower then stock tf300t

Boot up your TF300T to recovery.
Here I did a complete wipe of the Tablet.
Install CleanRom 3.0.3
For the option I chose NO KERNEL. Nova Launcher, Play Store as only apps. I did not disable fsync.
After installation is complete, wipe the cache.
Flash data2sd for CleanRom
Wipe Cache
Flash TF300T.zip (unters kernel)
Wipe Cache
Flash Recovery Mod

i then tried it with cleanrom 3.3

Install CleanRom 3.3
For the option I chose NO KERNEL. stock stuff but i did disable fsync!.
Flash chromi 3.2data2sd
Wipe Cache
i then flashed this kernal on page one of this thread clemsynTFUniversal650GPUver7-data2sd.zip
Wipe Cache
Flash Recovery Mod

the tablet was superfast but it would reboot when deleting something or trying to run the benchmark.

it could of been the disabling of fsync that made it fast? or was it making it reboot? or maybe it wasnt a factor at all

Rickymax
Old
Thanks Meter 11

Whats the normal write and read speed with the mod activated on a class10? I am using it in Cleanrom 3.3

Enviado desde mi Galaxy Nexus

_that
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickymax View Post
Whats the normal write and read speed with the mod activated on a class10? I am using it in Cleanrom 3.3
This depends heavily on your card. "Class 10" says nothing about random I/O performance.

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11243

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedreamz View Post
Can you tell me the exact steps i should take? this is what i did for the first try and the results were awfully slow, androbench said it was slower then stock tf300t

Boot up your TF300T to recovery.
Install CleanRom 3.0.3
For the option I chose NO KERNEL. Nova Launcher, Play Store as only apps. I did not disable fsync.
Flash data2sd for CleanRom
Wipe Cache
Flash TF300T.zip (unters kernel)
Wipe Cache
Flash Recovery Mod

i then tried it with cleanrom 3.3

Install CleanRom 3.3
For the option I chose NO KERNEL. stock stuff but i did disable fsync!.
Flash chromi 3.2data2sd
Wipe Cache
i then flashed this kernal on page one of this thread clemsynTFUniversal650GPUver7-data2sd.zip
Wipe Cache
Flash Recovery Mod

the tablet was superfast but it would reboot when deleting something or trying to run the benchmark.

it could of been the disabling of fsync that made it fast? or was it making it reboot? or maybe it wasnt a factor at all
How have you partitioned and what did you use? Hopefully gparted as minitool causes issues similar to what you are seeing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700 Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700 Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700 Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201 Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X Development

Rickymax
Old
Thanks Meter 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by _that View Post
This depends heavily on your card. "Class 10" says nothing about random I/O performance.
I get 13mb/s in writtings and 16in reading. Its good?

Enviado desde mi Galaxy Nexus