Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,255 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] AJK v4.9 [** The ONE **] [JB]

Tip us?
 
rav4kar
Old
#1471  
rav4kar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 526
Posts: 1,453
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Edison, NJ
Default Re: [KERNEL] [Stweaks] AJK v1.3 [JB] [ICS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Newkirk View Post
That is unfortunately the best I can do and have it work on both AOSP and Samsung based ROMs. Otherwise, 1 type of ROM will have bad WiFi performance and no tethering.
For those with wifi tether issues, not a free ad but download "wifi tether for root users" free from market and it works nice on our device. Please give it a try.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4
**Wasting Food is a crime against humanity, Buy less Eat more. **
 
RatusNatus
Old
#1472  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 173
Posts: 872
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Default Re: [KERNEL] [Stweaks] AJK v1.3 [JB] [ICS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Newkirk View Post
Sounds like you have other issues going on. Good luck with that.
1.1 was fine, I'm on it.
Maybe a bad download. I'll try 1.3 soon.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app
 
rav4kar
Old
#1473  
rav4kar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 526
Posts: 1,453
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Edison, NJ
Default Re: [KERNEL] [Stweaks] AJK v1.3 [JB] [ICS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatusNatus View Post
Lots of changes on 1.2 default config.
Nightmare, zen, noop, ondemand up to default.

I still don't get why rav4rar is using a performance governor on his profile. I always change that.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app
I absolutely don't have straight answer for your "WHY" question, but all I can say is use rav4kar balanced profile for couple of battery cycles and see if it fits your requirements. AJ has already packaged very good profiles and the balanced profile has pegasusQ with tweaked parameters that help out performance and battery. If guys find rav4kar of no use I can ask AJ to remove it.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4
**Wasting Food is a crime against humanity, Buy less Eat more. **
 
AJ Newkirk
Old
#1474  
AJ Newkirk's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3994
Posts: 1,644
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lexington, KY

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rav4kar View Post
I absolutely don't have straight answer for your "WHY" question, but all I can say is use rav4kar balanced profile for couple of battery cycles and see if it fits your requirements. AJ has already packaged very good profiles and the balanced profile has pegasusQ with tweaked parameters that help out performance and battery. If guys find rav4kar of no use I can ask AJ to remove it.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
The rav4kar balanced profile is the most popular & most used profile in the kernel by a good margin.

I do not have any plans on removing it
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AJ Newkirk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Eduardo9309
Old
#1475  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 269
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cucuta
Default Re: [KERNEL] [Stweaks] AJK v1.3 [JB] [ICS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonsai92 View Post
I still can't seem to get away from the HYPER governor. Works so well for me.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app
Here too

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app
 
RatusNatus
Old
#1476  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 173
Posts: 872
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Default Re: [KERNEL] [Stweaks] AJK v1.3 [JB] [ICS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav4kar View Post
I absolutely don't have straight answer for your "WHY" question, but all I can say is use rav4kar balanced profile for couple of battery cycles and see if it fits your requirements. AJ has already packaged very good profiles and the balanced profile has pegasusQ with tweaked parameters that help out performance and battery. If guys find rav4kar of no use I can ask AJ to remove it.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
I didn't say nothing about removing it.
I just want to known why, and that's all.
That answer is better than the previous one that is " he do use it Cuz he think is better".
That governor for me its not very battery friendly. That's the main reason to ask.

And to end this, I do use your profile. Thanks for making it.
People are getting touch around just for asking, gez.
Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app
 
rav4kar
Old
#1477  
rav4kar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 526
Posts: 1,453
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Edison, NJ
Default Re: [KERNEL] [Stweaks] AJK v1.3 [JB] [ICS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatusNatus View Post
I didn't say nothing about removing it.
I just want to known why, and that's all.
That answer is better than the previous one that is " he do use it Cuz he think is better".
That governor for me its not very battery friendly. That's the main reason to ask.

And to end this, I do use your profile. Thanks for making it.
People are getting touch around just for asking, gez.
Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app
PM sent. Apologies if I had hurt your feelings.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4
**Wasting Food is a crime against humanity, Buy less Eat more. **
 
razen_kain
Old
#1478  
razen_kain's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2064
Posts: 2,055
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: shreveport
Default Re: [KERNEL] [Stweaks] AJK v1.3 [JB] [ICS]

Ive noticed as ive flashed each new evolution of this kernel that some of them give me a hard time "grabbing [?]" the pulldown notification bar. Is there a STweaks setting i can adjust to make it more responsive?

As far as governors go.... i have the sgh-s959g from straight talk and i have tried every gov and hyper/conservative combination works best. Please keep the hyper in.

Sent from my SGH-S959G
 
Bonsai92
Old
#1479  
Bonsai92's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 83
Posts: 272
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta
Default Re: [KERNEL] [Stweaks] AJK v1.3 [JB] [ICS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by razen_kain View Post
Ive noticed as ive flashed each new evolution of this kernel that some of them give me a hard time "grabbing [?]" the pulldown notification bar. Is there a STweaks setting i can adjust to make it more responsive?

As far as governors go.... i have the sgh-s959g from straight talk and i have tried every gov and hyper/conservative combination works best. Please keep the hyper in.

Sent from my SGH-S959G
Try changing your screen sensitivity to something a little higher. I use 5, but some of the defaults are set to 1. It's all preference.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app
Device: Google Nexus 4
Kernel: Franco.kernel r183
ROM: Stock 4.3


“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”



The Following User Says Thank You to Bonsai92 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
razen_kain
Old
#1480  
razen_kain's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2064
Posts: 2,055
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: shreveport
Default Re: [KERNEL] [Stweaks] AJK v1.3 [JB] [ICS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonsai92 View Post
Try changing your screen sensitivity to something a little higher. I use 5, but some of the defaults are set to 1. It's all preference.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app
TY. I will try that. I guess the sensitivity settings work backwards from the way i thought it did.

Sent from my SGH-S959G

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes