XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] New update

Tip us?

StormChaser46
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] New update

I'm currently on stock, rooted and unlocked with LK kernel. If I install the update (I guess I have to relock and install the RUU first), will I be able to restore my current backup? Thanks.

CastleBravo
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormChaser46 View Post
I'm currently on stock, rooted and unlocked with LK kernel. If I install the update (I guess I have to relock and install the RUU first), will I be able to restore my current backup? Thanks.
Assuming you used titanium backup, it is safe to restore all user apps and data. However, DO NOT restore any system apps. It is sometimes safe to restore data only to some system apps such as the messaging app, but use caution and, if in doubt, don't restore data to any system apps. If you need to save text messages, use the built in backup function (from the menu of the messaging app).

It's also usually safe to restore data to the contacts app, but Google usually backs up all contacts to your account and automatically restores them.

The most important thing: DO NOT restore system APKs.
HTC Sensation

StormChaser46
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
It's a nandroid. Can I just restore the data part? I'm not sure if that includes system data or not.