Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

ISIS

OP levilib

17th February 2013, 09:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
131 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
As has been discussed in other forums (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2047927), ISIS has gone live with the OTA JB for Verizon. I have discussed my experiences in the above thread, but I am starting this thread in the development section, because what I want to know is more relevant to this forum.

Somewhere along the way installing ISIS, I came across a message saying ISIS will not work on rooted devices. I have heard that elsewhere as well. My question is, how true is that? will it no longer work as soon as I root? even if I just root and stay stock and not change ROMs? Is there any way around that? Perhaps can you deny root access in SuperUser/SuperSU to ISIS?
I know many people are just going to say get Google Wallet instead, but believe it or not, I like ISIS better and what to keep it!

Has anyone tried getting to work on rooted or any custom ROMs?

Until now I haven't had a desperate need to root, but I'm planning on going abroad soon and I'm going to need APN access so I can continue to use my phone with a local SIM.
17th February 2013, 09:37 PM   |  #2  
neh4pres's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 467
 
2,140 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Re: ISIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by levilib

As has been discussed in other forums (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2047927), ISIS has gone live with the OTA JB for Verizon. I have discussed my experiences in the above thread, but I am starting this thread in the development section, because what I want to know is more relevant to this forum.

Somewhere along the way installing ISIS, I came across a message saying ISIS will not work on rooted devices. I have heard that elsewhere as well. My question is, how true is that? will it no longer work as soon as I root? even if I just root and stay stock and not change ROMs? Is there any way around that? Perhaps can you deny root access in SuperUser/SuperSU to ISIS?
I know many people are just going to say get Google Wallet instead, but believe it or not, I like ISIS better and what to keep it!

Has anyone tried getting to work on rooted or any custom ROMs?

Until now I haven't had a desperate need to root, but I'm planning on going abroad soon and I'm going to need APN access so I can continue to use my phone with a local SIM.

Dude, this is absolute bull****. You knowingly ignore the rules. You have not"developed"anything! Get this damn post moved! You know better

Via my Google Galaxy S3 running magic beans
17th February 2013, 09:41 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
131 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by neh4pres

Dude, this is absolute bull****. You knowingly ignore the rules. You have not"developed"anything! Get this damn post moved! You know better

Via my Google Galaxy S3 running magic beans

WOW! calm down! It's very nice of you to jump to conclusions about me knowing better!
Yes, you're right, I haven't developed anything and I explained why I posted this in the development forum, If a moderator still thinks that it does not belong in this forum, move it by all means!
Now, I don't suppose you have an answer to my question do you?
17th February 2013, 09:47 PM   |  #4  
neh4pres's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 467
 
2,140 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Re: ISIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by levilib

WOW! calm down! It's very nice of you to jump to conclusions about me knowing better!
Yes, you're right, I haven't developed anything and I explained why I posted this in the development forum, If a moderator still thinks that it does not belong in this forum, move it by all means!
Now, I don't suppose you have an answer to my question do you?

I assure you, the rules are very very clear. This in no way belongs here.

Via my Google Galaxy S3 running magic beans
The Following User Says Thank You to neh4pres For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 10:15 PM   |  #5  
tsjoe2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 101
 
446 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Re: ISIS
Wow calm down no need for this type of attitude just report it. You don't need to dive down his neck an cuss chill out its not the end of the world as you seem to think there's other ways of saying you posted this in the wrong form

the first idiot to brick an go to xda jail
17th February 2013, 10:17 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 205
 
1,717 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Dude chill.. it doesn't belong here but still... You're making a fool out of yourself.

How about: I'm sorry but I don't have an answer to your question. However, I just thought I'd let you know that this forum is meant for development related things, such as roms, mods, etc. Just thought I'd let you know.

And that's how a human being does it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cvbcbcmv For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 10:20 PM   |  #7  
tsjoe2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 101
 
446 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Re: ISIS
Yeah I know I'm sorry I just concerned of ops feelings it was a little hatch but your right I am making a fool of myself thanks for carrying also if any one ain't gonna help him with a answer then don't post just report it to the mods myself included thanks

the first idiot to brick an go to xda jail
17th February 2013, 10:37 PM   |  #8  
05Warrior's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cypress
Thanks Meter: 147
 
545 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Re: ISIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvbcbcmv

Dude chill.. it doesn't belong here but still... You're making a fool out of yourself.

How about: I'm sorry but I don't have an answer to your question. However, I just thought I'd let you know that this forum is meant for development related things, such as roms, mods, etc. Just thought I'd let you know.

And that's how a human being does it!

+100 wow someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to 05Warrior For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 12:05 AM   |  #9  
xbiker321's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Golden, CO
Thanks Meter: 49
 
340 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Last edited by xbiker321; 18th February 2013 at 12:09 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xbiker321 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 12:45 AM   |  #10  
tsjoe2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 101
 
446 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Re: ISIS
Thanks I needed that

the first idiot to brick an go to xda jail

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes