Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 41,092 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ISIS

Tip us?

levilib
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default ISIS

As has been discussed in other forums (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2047927), ISIS has gone live with the OTA JB for Verizon. I have discussed my experiences in the above thread, but I am starting this thread in the development section, because what I want to know is more relevant to this forum.

Somewhere along the way installing ISIS, I came across a message saying ISIS will not work on rooted devices. I have heard that elsewhere as well. My question is, how true is that? will it no longer work as soon as I root? even if I just root and stay stock and not change ROMs? Is there any way around that? Perhaps can you deny root access in SuperUser/SuperSU to ISIS?
I know many people are just going to say get Google Wallet instead, but believe it or not, I like ISIS better and what to keep it!

Has anyone tried getting to work on rooted or any custom ROMs?

Until now I haven't had a desperate need to root, but I'm planning on going abroad soon and I'm going to need APN access so I can continue to use my phone with a local SIM.
Verizon HTC One (M8)
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545)

neh4pres
Old
Thanks Meter 459
Default Re: ISIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by levilib View Post
As has been discussed in other forums (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2047927), ISIS has gone live with the OTA JB for Verizon. I have discussed my experiences in the above thread, but I am starting this thread in the development section, because what I want to know is more relevant to this forum.

Somewhere along the way installing ISIS, I came across a message saying ISIS will not work on rooted devices. I have heard that elsewhere as well. My question is, how true is that? will it no longer work as soon as I root? even if I just root and stay stock and not change ROMs? Is there any way around that? Perhaps can you deny root access in SuperUser/SuperSU to ISIS?
I know many people are just going to say get Google Wallet instead, but believe it or not, I like ISIS better and what to keep it!

Has anyone tried getting to work on rooted or any custom ROMs?

Until now I haven't had a desperate need to root, but I'm planning on going abroad soon and I'm going to need APN access so I can continue to use my phone with a local SIM.
Dude, this is absolute bull****. You knowingly ignore the rules. You have not"developed"anything! Get this damn post moved! You know better

Via my Google Galaxy S3 running magic beans

levilib
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by neh4pres View Post
Dude, this is absolute bull****. You knowingly ignore the rules. You have not"developed"anything! Get this damn post moved! You know better

WOW! calm down! It's very nice of you to jump to conclusions about me knowing better!
Yes, you're right, I haven't developed anything and I explained why I posted this in the development forum, If a moderator still thinks that it does not belong in this forum, move it by all means!
Now, I don't suppose you have an answer to my question do you?
Verizon HTC One (M8)
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545)

neh4pres
Old
Thanks Meter 459

Quote:
Originally Posted by levilib View Post
WOW! calm down! It's very nice of you to jump to conclusions about me knowing better!
Yes, you're right, I haven't developed anything and I explained why I posted this in the development forum, If a moderator still thinks that it does not belong in this forum, move it by all means!
Now, I don't suppose you have an answer to my question do you?
I assure you, the rules are very very clear. This in no way belongs here.

The Following User Says Thank You to neh4pres For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tsjoe2
Old
Thanks Meter 43

Wow calm down no need for this type of attitude just report it. You don't need to dive down his neck an cuss chill out its not the end of the world as you seem to think there's other ways of saying you posted this in the wrong form

the first idiot to brick an go to xda jail

cvbcbcmv
Old
Thanks Meter 205

DONATE TO ME
Dude chill.. it doesn't belong here but still... You're making a fool out of yourself.

How about: I'm sorry but I don't have an answer to your question. However, I just thought I'd let you know that this forum is meant for development related things, such as roms, mods, etc. Just thought I'd let you know.

And that's how a human being does it!
Device history:
Palm Pre Plus (2009)-lit on fire
Droid Eris (2010)-sold
Droid Incredible (2010)-sold
HTC Rezound (2011)-returned on GN release date
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (2011)-Lost it :/
Kindle Fire (2012)-Collecting Dust
Nexus 7 (2012)-Current tablet-Clean rom
Samsung Galaxy S3 Pebble Blue (2012)-Sold
Samsung Galaxy S4 White Frost (2013)-Current Phone
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cvbcbcmv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tsjoe2
Old
Thanks Meter 43

Yeah I know I'm sorry I just concerned of ops feelings it was a little hatch but your right I am making a fool of myself thanks for carrying also if any one ain't gonna help him with a answer then don't post just report it to the mods myself included thanks

05Warrior
Old
Thanks Meter 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvbcbcmv View Post
Dude chill.. it doesn't belong here but still... You're making a fool out of yourself.

How about: I'm sorry but I don't have an answer to your question. However, I just thought I'd let you know that this forum is meant for development related things, such as roms, mods, etc. Just thought I'd let you know.

And that's how a human being does it!
+100 wow someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to 05Warrior For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xbiker321
Old
(Last edited by xbiker321; 17th February 2013 at 11:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 49
Straight Talk - Nexus 5 32gb
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xbiker321 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tsjoe2
Old
Thanks Meter 43

Thanks I needed that