[GUIDE] How to get a working Google Wallet

Tip us?

slicingtaco
Old
Thanks Meter 317
Default Re: [GUIDE] How to get a working Google Wallet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetboy02125 View Post
I used the hack r96 too. Works fine on ATT Note 2 rung stock 7015 ROM. This ver feels smoother and respond faster.
I tried this method and this is what I got
I have the permissions set correctly as well and I am running stock 4.1.2 with root only. Any help?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
-

maskedferret
Old
(Last edited by maskedferret; 17th February 2013 at 12:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Using the new r96 version referenced above with the OP install instructions, sans nfc apks for my stock rooted AT&T i317, it does NOT force close at step #4. Can anyone else confirm this? If this is the case after having tried (and failed) to install it previously with the older version, do I really need to go through the rest of the steps that involve downloading from Google Play, deleting, etc. ? Best I can tell, the application works; I'll have to look for the opportunity to test a transaction.

sweetboy02125
Old
Thanks Meter 384

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedferret View Post
Using the new r96 version referenced above with the OP install instructions, sans nfc apks for my stock rooted AT&T i317, it does NOT force close at step #4. Can anyone else confirm this? If this is the case after having tried (and failed) to install it previously with the older version, do I really need to go through the rest of the steps that involve downloading from Google Play, deleting, etc. ? Best I can tell, the application works; I'll have to look for the opportunity to test a transaction.
No need it. I just replace the app v83 to v96 in system/app change permissions. Reboot . profit. When it works in previous ver then new one should work fine.

★♡★ AT&T Galaxy Note II ☆♥☆
PHONE: AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II
TABLETS: MS Surface Pro

The Following User Says Thank You to sweetboy02125 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maskedferret
Old
(Last edited by maskedferret; 17th February 2013 at 02:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetboy02125 View Post
No need it. I just replace the app v83 to v96 in system/app change permissions. Reboot . profit. When it works in previous ver then new one should work fine.
Excellent. I just had a successful transaction @ McDonald's.

I can only assume that future updates to the app will always have to come through this channel, which is a bit of a bummer. Regardless, the effort put into making this work is greatly appreciated!

netnerd
Old
Thanks Meter 110
just tried g.wallet at cvs, those machines are slow! (at Mcdonald the g.wallet responds instantly), you might need to tap on the nfc reader for 2-3 seconds for a few times for it to works!

when i tap on the cvs nfc reader, nothing happen, the google wallet didnt do anything, no respond. i thought it' not working over there.
good thing that lady cashier knows what i trying to do, she said "You can try again if you want, it takes awhile". after i tried again, it works!

(i used Nexus id, i dont want to take any chances, i'm not sure if Note2 id works or not)

sweetboy02125
Old
Thanks Meter 384

Quote:
Originally Posted by netnerd View Post
just tried g.wallet at cvs, those machines are slow! (at Mcdonald the g.wallet responds instantly), you might need to tap on the nfc reader for 2-3 seconds for a few times for it to works!

when i tap on the cvs nfc reader, nothing happen, the google wallet didnt do anything, no respond. i thought it' not working over there.
good thing that lady cashier knows what i trying to do, she said "You can try again if you want, it takes awhile". after i tried again, it works!

(i used Nexus id, i dont want to take any chances, i'm not sure if Note2 id works or not)
Change the buildprop back for Spen function. Don't worry when it works with you, should be fine to change it back.

★♡★ AT&T Galaxy Note II ☆♥☆
PHONE: AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II
TABLETS: MS Surface Pro

cmjkxa
Old
Thanks Meter 83

New update out. Anyone with success with it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

maskedferret
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjkxa View Post
New update out. Anyone with success with it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
1.6-R96-v13 ? Unless there's an even newer one, which I don't think there is ( verify @ Google Play ) ... the link posted above is what you're looking for. I have used it successfully on my i317.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netnerd View Post
are you using Google wallet from play store?
there's already a hacked r96 wallet.
( URL removed because of my newbie status )

I used this hacked r96 with Samsung n7105 id at CVS, the phone didn't do anything. or maybe g. wallet is not working at this CVS.

slicingtaco
Old
(Last edited by slicingtaco; 23rd February 2013 at 06:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 317

Installed using the Video method in the OP (EACH EXACT STEP) and it worked fined but I am using the most up to date version of the patched Google wallet (r96) and it all went smooth on stock 4.1.2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
-

netnerd
Old
Thanks Meter 110
nice! spent 1.09$ at McDonald.
I always feel embarrass spending so little on any stores, I always try to spend atleast a few bucks.