Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[SEP 18][V0.3] Stable Customized BT5 for HD2 - Links updated

OP z3nful

2nd May 2012, 10:30 AM   |  #51  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Thank you.
3rd May 2012, 06:25 AM   |  #52  
kevnuke's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bakersfield, CA
Thanks Meter: 51
 
288 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
So just out of curiosity..has any progress been made on monitor mode? I'm thinking if you get it working, devs in the captivate forums might pick this up for my device.

Sent from my captivating Captivate using XDA Premium
5th May 2012, 07:52 PM   |  #53  
z3nful's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 288
 
247 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
I havent had any time at all to work on monitor mode for the BCM4329 chip (yet). once one of my employees gives back my HD2 ill be taking another crack at it (i know i have devices with bcm4329, but as im most familiar with the HD2, its my dev platform)


For those of you having issues with the vncserver not starting, these files should help abit.

This fixed the "password too short" error in 80% of my systems that gave this error. For the other 20%, im still looking into it

Http://www.hookupcellular.com/Androi...ettings.tar.gz

Copy these files into your .vnc folder in your home directory. If it works, it will reset the vncpasswd to "toortoor." This was pulled from my main Backtrack system on my sensation, but it should work none-the-less.

Easy way-

Download vncsettings file, open command terminal, type:

cp /yourdownloaddirectory/vncsettings.tar.gz /path/to/your/chroot/root/.vnc/
Last edited by z3nful; 5th May 2012 at 07:55 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to z3nful For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2012, 03:56 PM   |  #54  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
63 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Thanks a lot for sharing this

Sent from my HTC HD2
6th May 2012, 07:38 PM   |  #55  
z3nful's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 288
 
247 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
No worries

The commands got cut off somehow,so heres the full command

cp /path/to/downloads/vncsettings.tar.gz /path/to/chroot/root/.vnc/
tar -zxf /path/to/chroot/root/.vnc/vncsettings.tar.gz
rm /path/to/chroot/root/.vnc/vncsettings.tar.gz

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium
6th May 2012, 10:11 PM   |  #56  
kevnuke's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bakersfield, CA
Thanks Meter: 51
 
288 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3nful

I havent had any time at all to work on monitor mode for the BCM4329 chip (yet). once one of my employees gives back my HD2 ill be taking another crack at it (i know i have devices with bcm4329, but as im most familiar with the HD2, its my dev platform)

Yea it's like programming in a language you're not familiar with. Thanks for the update.

Sent from my captivating Captivate using XDA Premium.
23rd October 2012, 11:21 AM   |  #57  
domenukk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
807 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
... So there is gonna be no package injection for HD2 after all, I guess?
23rd October 2012, 10:19 PM   |  #58  
z3nful's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 288
 
247 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Its a work in progress

I'm not working on the driver personally, but i have been keeping up with the bcm module source at bcmon.blogspot.com.

I've successfully compiled the driver for Android a few times, but my HD2 hasn't been playing nicely with iwconfig, so i havent tested the monitor mode yet. Once i have something solid, itll appear on here

The module loads up fine in Android, but it likes to stay connected to wifi points, even if you go miles away, so the module source is still a bit buggy.

Im currently not working on this Backtrack image project due to time constraints, but sometime in the future it will be worked on again

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to z3nful For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2013, 07:14 PM   |  #59  
dayi's Avatar
Member
Flag İstanbul-Taksim
Thanks Meter: 4
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
Exclamation help certificated error
hi friends,

i was install my hd2. i was see certificated error in Firefox (youtube)

Can you help me ?
17th February 2013, 10:58 PM   |  #60  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
---
Last edited by godu; 17th February 2013 at 11:53 PM. Reason: solved

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
arm, backtrack, guide, hd2, pentest
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes