Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,670 Members 44,207 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Defy battery drops explained

Tip us?

Quza
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreiuc88 View Post
I have CM 7.1.0, and my battery drops from 69% to 49%, from 29% to 20% and from 10% to 4%
This is too much... can I do something to fix this? I have the original 1500 mAh battery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttocs99 View Post
Im on cm7 7.2.0 and i have same problems with the jumps and still lookin for ways to fix or stablize or sumit
Same problem here, have you found anything to fix this issue? CM 7.2 is pretty awesome, apart from the battery level ignoring ~45%, thats too much :/
(~65-49, ~45-19)
Is there a competitive ROM that gets it right? MIUI?

davo.arto
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quza View Post
Same problem here, have you found anything to fix this issue? CM 7.2 is pretty awesome, apart from the battery level ignoring ~45%, thats too much :/
(~65-49, ~45-19)
Is there a competitive ROM that gets it right? MIUI?
A fix is to read the OP.

ttocs99
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Default Re: Defy battery drops explained

Root explorer wont let me change owner of the 3 files in pds/public/battd any ideas why it wont let me???

Sent from my MB525 using xda app-developers app

funto
Old
Thanks Meter 15

But all this doesn't explain why drops are present in one rom and in other they aren't. (latest Quarx, huge battery drops, Sevenrocks's unofficial rom not at all)
Sent from Defy with Jelly in it's Belly.
(Motorola Defy green lens cm10)

AnTerNoZ
Old
Thanks Meter 545

DONATE TO ME
Default AW: Defy battery drops explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by funto View Post
But all this doesn't explain why drops are present in one rom and in other they aren't. (latest Quarx, huge battery drops, Sevenrocks's unofficial rom not at all)
in Quarx latest I have no drops.

czarekusa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
so i'm trying to play with the battd settings to see if i can at least test one of the fixes buy my folder seems to be empty so I can't even change the permissions.
Can anyone help?

I'm having the following situations happening daily. This is a 2nd battery that I purchased but my wife's defy is not doing this, even when we swap batteries.

LetoKynes
Old
Thanks Meter 9

Hey guys

I finally replaced my phone's battery after about 2 years and was impressed with the battery life even on its second cycle (see first pic, that was with regular wifi/data use).
However, last night in the middle of the night I felt the phone was quite warm to touch and the battery had drained by something like 30% not even a quarter through the night. I know this happens when something has kept it awake, so I checked BetterBatteryStats and found some things keeping a Kernel Wakelock - some NETMUX thing and ehci_pm.

Any ideas what I can do to prevent this from happening again? The phone was running extremely slowly during that period. But after reboot and switch on/off airplane mode it's fine now. Not sure if related but I wasn't able to see my airplane mode icon at the time until I rebooted.

Thanks in advance for any help!

P. S. I'm on 17/2 Quarx CM10 + JellyX

Sent from my MB525
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1362210320025.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	1772839   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1362210355181.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	1772840  

magkaki
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default question

Hi i hava a question and i want a straight answer. I own a Motorola Defy+ MB526 and i want to install Android 4.1.2 Jellybean CM10-20130307-NIGHTLY-mb526.zip latest Quarz release. Should i install battery fix or not? And what is the proper fix file?
The Following User Says Thank You to magkaki For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shangjiyu
Old
Thanks Meter 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by magkaki View Post
Hi i hava a question and i want a straight answer. I own a Motorola Defy+ MB526 and i want to install Android 4.1.2 Jellybean CM10-20130307-NIGHTLY-mb526.zip latest Quarz release. Should i install battery fix or not? And what is the proper fix file?
nope

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2

VI_2480
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have several Defy phones and one particular one (MB526) I bought off ebay from someone who flashed JB and after that the battery drained dramatically. I figured I'd just flash the standard rom on it and it should fix it, but no luck.

If I fully charge the battery and turn the phone off within 12 hours the battery is flat (15%).
I swapped batteries from another phone to be sure it wasn't being reported incorrectly but the phone really is running down batteries even when switched off.

Can anyone offer any explanation or idea what's happening ?