No registration required

[ROM][4.2.2][NIGHTLIES] CyanogenMod 10.1 for HTC One XL

OP h8rift

17th February 2013, 10:50 PM   |  #1631  
miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 3

64 posts
More
i flashed it from fastboot and it still didnt work, got stuck on HTC boot screen
17th February 2013, 11:07 PM   |  #1632  
Flag Guatemala
Thanks Meter: 29

232 posts
More
Anyone else having issues with the notification led staying on and never going off at 14% battery? no??? i even dissable notifications lights and its still on weird :/
17th February 2013, 11:17 PM   |  #1633  
Flag Panama
Thanks Meter: 119

252 posts
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.2][NIGHTLIES] CyanogenMod 10.1 for HTC One XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddoor

i flashed it from fastboot and it still didnt work, got stuck on HTC boot screen

Maybe a bad download? Try redownloading the rom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikul

Anyone else having issues with the notification led staying on and never going off at 14% battery? no??? i even dissable notifications lights and its still on weird :/

It was discussed in the last pages. It's not an issue, the led means that you have to connect the phone to a charger.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
17th February 2013, 11:43 PM   |  #1634  
Flag San Francisco, California
Thanks Meter: 37

326 posts
More
Here are some of my findings regarding issues with LTE

On the 2/17 build with Baseband 3.17, I noticed my phone wasn't connected to LTE by default. I checked phone info via *#*#4636#*#* and the "Set Preferred Network Type" is defaulted at WCDMA preferred. Changing it to LTE/GSM/CDMA auto preferred gets it connected to LTE. However a quick check back and it's LTE/GSM auto instead. Upon reboot, it goes back to WCDMA preferred.

I currently have AT&T PTA selected. Changing settings via Settings -> More -> Mobile Network Settings doesn't seem to have an effect as it's still set to WCDMA preferred on *#*#4646#*#* phone info.

On the 2/17 build with the default baseband , it is set to LTE/GSM auto by default on the phone info via *#*#4636#*#*. Changing it to LTE/GSM/CDMA auto preferred will only have go back to LTE/GSM auto. On Settings -> More -> Mobile Network Settings it says it's set to LTE/GSM/WCDMA but it might not really be the case.

Not sure what to do with knowing this. I'm going to keep the default baseband and see how the battery life is on it now.
17th February 2013, 11:50 PM   |  #1635  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 9,850

1,860 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminxero

On the 2/17 build with Baseband 3.17, I noticed my phone wasn't connected to LTE by default. I checked phone info via *#*#4636#*#* and the "Set Preferred Network Type" is defaulted at WCDMA preferred. Changing it to LTE/GSM/CDMA auto preferred gets it connected to LTE. However a quick check back and it's LTE/GSM auto instead. Upon reboot, it goes back to WCDMA preferred.

I currently have AT&T PTA selected. Changing settings via Settings -> More -> Mobile Network Settings doesn't seem to have an effect as it's still set to WCDMA preferred on *#*#4646#*#* phone info.

On the 2/17 build with the default baseband , it is set to LTE/GSM auto by default on the phone info via *#*#4636#*#*. Changing it to LTE/GSM/CDMA auto preferred will only have go back to LTE/GSM auto. On Settings -> More -> Mobile Network Settings it says it's set to LTE/GSM/WCDMA but it might not really be the case.

Not sure what to do with knowing this. I'm going to keep the default baseband and see how the battery life is on it now.

Just keep the default baseband. We're due for an update from 2.20's radio files to 3.17's radio files in the coming weeks.

We're working on a huge thing right now. 3.4 kernel, which means that we can basically shadow the nexus 4's updates step by step. its on the side from what we're doing on nightlies right now.

3.4 kernel has no screen tearing, we can probably stop hacking our camera HAL and use nexus 4's instead, as well as many other things.

Basically, if all goes well, this phone will become a nexus4 on the inside, and an HTC One XL on the outside (casing). Thank LG/Google for using the msm8960 platform for its nexus, as it would not be possible otherwise. This is very exciting.
The Following 57 Users Say Thank You to h8rift For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 11:53 PM   |  #1636  
Thanks Meter: 531

1,071 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8rift

Just keep the default baseband. We're due for an update from 2.20's radio files to 3.17's radio files in the coming weeks.

We're working on a huge thing right now. 3.4 kernel, which means that we can basically shadow the nexus 4's updates step by step. its on the side from what we're doing on nightlies right now.

3.4 kernel has no screen tearing, we can probably stop hacking our camera HAL and use nexus 4's instead, as well as many other things.

Basically, if all goes well, this phone will become a nexus4 on the inside, and an HTC One XL on the outside (casing). Thank LG/Google for using the msm8960 platform for its nexus, as it would not be possible otherwise. This is very exciting.

That would be so awesome. Thank you for your dedication to this project and this phone, h8.

Clearly, LG and Google knew deep down that the One X deserved to be a Nexus device :P
17th February 2013, 11:58 PM   |  #1637  
NY
Thanks Meter: 147

952 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminxero

Good find! It is true that the 3.17 radio defaults to wcdma... This is not rom specific.. Just stick on an older radio if you want lte default... I have not had any issues with the default as lte/gsm

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2
17th February 2013, 11:59 PM   |  #1638  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Naples, FL
Thanks Meter: 9,777

5,959 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

H8 man...that's what I'm talking about

My blazingly fast as f*#k One XL fueled with CM10.1
18th February 2013, 12:14 AM   |  #1639  
Chapel Hill NC
Thanks Meter: 252

1,257 posts
More
Quote:

kinda just had a boner...
The Following User Says Thank You to ethantarheels123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 12:20 AM   |  #1640  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Naples, FL
Thanks Meter: 9,777

5,959 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethantarheels123

kinda just had a boner...

+1 lmao.....I was thinking about buying a Nexus 4....think I might stay now