Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

New belkin keyboard for galaxy note 10.1

OP cubandevil

17th February 2013, 04:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

60 posts
Guys today at work we got a galaxy Note 10.1 keyboard / case. At best buy 99.99.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361071633616.jpg
Views:	2058
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	1736203  
The Following User Says Thank You to cubandevil For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 12:23 AM   |  #2  
Flag Somewhere Else
Thanks Meter: 301

964 posts
More
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218853503560

Here's a link to those that are interested.
18th February 2013, 12:46 AM   |  #3  
Flag Green Bay
Thanks Meter: 183

948 posts
More
99.99? ouch.

Thanks though
20th February 2013, 03:14 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel

99.99? ouch.

Thanks though

There's a cheaper one thats a non-brand, and works as well. Just search for a bluetooth keyboard on Amazon. It's called the Vostrostone Aluminum Bluetooth Keyboard, but really, there are comparable ones that are about the same quality without the big brand name.
25th February 2013, 02:22 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

85 posts
I have this keyboard and find it really good due to the spaced out keys. http://www.amazon.de/Cherry-JK-0600D...1754736&sr=8-1
26th February 2013, 09:21 AM   |  #6  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 742

3,249 posts
More
Re: New belkin keyboard for galaxy note 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubandevil

Guys today at work we got a galaxy Note 10.1 keyboard / case. At best buy 99.99.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Great, but is it any good?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
27th February 2013, 08:11 PM   |  #7  

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchiee

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218853503560

Here's a link to those that are interested.

Ok so here's my feedback after about a week or two of use.

- It's a solid keyboard case (not as good as the Zagg/Logitech cases I used to own when I had an iPad) but it's about 80% there in terms of build quality.

- the velcro holding the keyboard in place is a little on the flimsy side so a good knock could force the keyboard to disconnect, but it hasn't been a problem for me so far

- Using it in your lap on the couch can be a bit challenging as the tablet will sit at a pretty steep angle against the top of the keyboard and may fall backwards if you fidget too much. I was used to the hard keyboard lip in the case of the zaggfolio for the ipad which kept the ipad in place with significant fidgeting. Not a major issue though.

- Battery life on the keyboard is fine for 3 or so weeks if you use it every day for some typing

- the leather of the case feels a little cheap but again that's just me being picky

- Finally something very odd seems to have cropped up, and I'm correlating it to about the same time I started using the case. My gmail app will randomly crash (when I am in another app) and the tablet will freeze for 5 seconds and then give a popup window telling me that it crashed, I just click ok and carry on... but I don't remember ever having this issue before I got the case. I think it may somehow be correlated to the magnets in the case (to keep the little flap/clasp down when the tablet is being used) affecting the tablet somehow but I am not sure. I'll try to go a few days without it to see if it makes a difference but I'm getting quite used to it now!

All things begin said, this is definitely the best combo available for the Note 10.1 that I've found to date and I've scoured the internet for months.... I've also begged Zagg to make one but they aren't seeing enough interest to justify it yet.

-Scion
The Following User Says Thank You to scion676 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2013, 01:07 AM   |  #8  
Flag San Francisco Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 722

1,495 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scion676

I think [my Gmail crashes] may somehow be correlated to the magnets in the case ... affecting the tablet somehow

That would be extremely unlikely. It's probably due to a syncing issue between your tablet and Google's servers.
2nd March 2013, 10:51 PM   |  #9  

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrudup

That would be extremely unlikely. It's probably due to a syncing issue between your tablet and Google's servers.

hmm.... I only jumped to that conclusion because I never noticed the problem in any real frequency before getting the case... I cleared cache in the app settings and I'm still having the issue. I was hoping I wouldn't have to clear data because it took a lot of time setting up my corp email (we use gmail) folders and settings.... but I may have to try that if this persists.
2nd March 2013, 11:45 PM   |  #10  
Flag San Francisco Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 722

1,495 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scion676

I was hoping I wouldn't have to clear data because it took a lot of time setting up my corp email ....

I wouldn't. Data wipes are hardly ever necessary, with the exception of full-on bootloops.

Google "google sync errors" first. Does it happen when your BT is off?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread