Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 54,069 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY][dlx] TWRP 2.7.1.0 touch recovery [2014-06-05]

Tip us?

mopartonyg
Old
Thanks Meter 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn2burn View Post
Thanks! Found the thread. Theme works well with new external vs internal storage selection buttons.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...highlight=twrp
Welcome !

jamiethemorris
Old
Thanks Meter 753

DONATE TO ME
Has anyone gotten USB OTG to work in this version of TWRP (or any version for that matter)? From what I understand, TWRP is supposed to support it, but I don't even see an option to mount a thumb drive. I've tried formatting it as FAT32 and EXT4. The phone sees them natively when it's booted into the OS, and they show up in /storage/USB. When I boot into recovery, there is no such folder. Am I doing something wrong or does this version not support it? I'm using the red TWRP re-sized theme, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.
If you feel that I have been helpful to you, instead of clicking my "thanks" button, check out my music:

https://soundcloud.com/manic-harmoni...arth-simulator
https://soundcloud.com/manic-harmonic/superuser

Manic Harmonic
Fan Page

yearn2burn
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiethemorris View Post
Has anyone gotten USB OTG to work in this version of TWRP (or any version for that matter)? From what I understand, TWRP is supposed to support it, but I don't even see an option to mount a thumb drive. I've tried formatting it as FAT32 and EXT4. The phone sees them natively when it's booted into the OS, and they show up in /storage/USB. When I boot into recovery, there is no such folder. Am I doing something wrong or does this version not support it? I'm using the red TWRP re-sized theme, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.
Works on the test version he posted a few days ago. Very slick. Hopefully will be updated as his official version. PM me if you can't find it.

nrage23
Old
Thanks Meter 307
The test version backs up to my 64gb microSD card adapter perfectly. Thanks for saving me space on the measly 11gb they gave us.
Phone:

HTC One M8 (Verizon)
HTC One Max (Verizon)

Tablet:

Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2

Nvidia Shield

Retired Phones: HTC One M7, Lg G2, Droid DNA, HTC Rezound, Droid Bionic, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Evo 4g
Retired Tablets: Archos 5, Huwaei S7, Viewsonic G Tab, Acer A500, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Galaxy 7 Plus, Nexus 10, Nexus 7 2013., Note 8.0, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Note 10.1 2014

PG101
Old
RC-RT Liaison - Devil's Advocate
Thanks Meter 9632
I used this to wipe the system and by mistake I wiped the storage after that.. ofcourse there was nothing on the phone or on the storage for me to flash.. tried mounting, but couldn't mount the storage for the life of me Went and bought an SD card.. put the rom on it and then inserted it on to the phone and flashed...

So, my question.. how come it did not mount the storage so I could transfer files from the laptop to the storage while in recovery
HTC One M8 & Nokia 8800 Arte (Carbon Black)
Retired: Motorola V3i, Nokia N91, Nokia 8800 Sirocco, Nokia N95, HTC Diamond, Sony Xperia X1, HTC HD, HTC HD2, iPhone 4, HTC Desire HD, HTC Sensation, HTC One X, HTC Butterfly, HTC One, SG Note 3!
Follow Me

| New? Here is a good starting point!! | Something needs a moderator's attention? |
Want a thread actioned? Don't forget to include the thread link in the PM you're about to send me!!

And remember - You are the result of 3.8 billion years of Evolutionary Success - ACT LIKE IT!!

Dees_Troy
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 9008

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.1.0 touch recovery [2013-02-01]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG101 View Post
I used this to wipe the system and by mistake I wiped the storage after that.. ofcourse there was nothing on the phone or on the storage for me to flash.. tried mounting, but couldn't mount the storage for the life of me Went and bought an SD card.. put the rom on it and then inserted it on to the phone and flashed...

So, my question.. how come it did not mount the storage so I could transfer files from the laptop to the storage while in recovery
http://teamw.in/DataMedia
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dees_Troy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PG101
Old
RC-RT Liaison - Devil's Advocate
Thanks Meter 9632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dees_Troy View Post
So I should just do a factory reset, rather than individually formatting... hmmm..
HTC One M8 & Nokia 8800 Arte (Carbon Black)
Retired: Motorola V3i, Nokia N91, Nokia 8800 Sirocco, Nokia N95, HTC Diamond, Sony Xperia X1, HTC HD, HTC HD2, iPhone 4, HTC Desire HD, HTC Sensation, HTC One X, HTC Butterfly, HTC One, SG Note 3!
Follow Me

| New? Here is a good starting point!! | Something needs a moderator's attention? |
Want a thread actioned? Don't forget to include the thread link in the PM you're about to send me!!

And remember - You are the result of 3.8 billion years of Evolutionary Success - ACT LIKE IT!!

frankieGom
Old
Thanks Meter 27
If you have adb installed on your computer (as part of the Android SDK) you can push files to the sdcard from a PC while in TWRP:

C:\> adb push c:\Users\toto\rom.zip /sdcard

jamiethemorris
Old
Thanks Meter 753

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.1.0 touch recovery [2013-02-01]

Has anyone else had problems restoring nandroids on the test version? Every time I try to restore a backup I have to redo it like 3 or 4 times before it actually works, and even then it takes some experimentation to get it to boot. It will either reboot in the middle of restore and leave me with a corrupted os or it will freeze at the boot screen after it has "restored successfully." I haven't really figured out a reliable way to get it to work. Twice so far I've had to reinstall from scratch because the restore didn't work.
If you feel that I have been helpful to you, instead of clicking my "thanks" button, check out my music:

https://soundcloud.com/manic-harmoni...arth-simulator
https://soundcloud.com/manic-harmonic/superuser

Manic Harmonic
Fan Page

Dees_Troy
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 9008

DONATE TO ME
[RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.2.0 touch recovery [2013-02-25]

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dees_Troy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]