Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,018 Members 44,272 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel][Apr 26] Perseus

Tip us?

R1K05@N
Old
(Last edited by R1K05@N; 17th February 2013 at 04:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrio View Post
I wonder if it's possible to tweak it so that the color will be similar to that of an Iphone 5.
Article on iPhone 5 v Note II color differences: http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-575...pple-iphone-5/

If you take a look at these comparisons, through the screen mode, you may be able to get your screen closer to the iPhone 5 BUT one thing that will probably not change is the contrast and brightness (white & black levels).

Checking on the RGB color level comparisons on their CalMan readings, the Note II has much higher greens (edit) and less reds... Blues (edit) may stay the same-ish. The contrast ratio for any Samsung device will always be redonkulous due to the way the screen works... adjusting the greyscale may help (bring it down... labled DE Amp and maybe the max threshold might help with certain things you see on your device... I don't claim to know exactly where to go on your device, just kind of pointing you towards the math that was put out on the color differences between the devices you are curious about so you can make a better guess on where to adjust your screen towards).

Remember: Screen Mode 'Movie' does not move anything on the screen adjustments. Standard or Natural will give you a 'closer to iphone contrast ratio'... otherwise, your Dynamic mode will blow it out of the water. From there, adjust.
Back to Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to R1K05@N For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brosenz
Old
(Last edited by brosenz; 17th February 2013 at 04:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 44
Default URGENT HELP - Brick

I had installed CM 10.1 successfully and everything was fine. The I installed Perseus Kernel from ROM Manager and it booted into Recovery (CWM) and installed Perseus without a problem, then when rebooting I got stuck on the screen "Samsung GALAXY Note II". I've tried to press the Vol-, Vol+ and Vol-, Home, remove Battery, etc, to try to get into Recovery or Download mode but nothing, I always get the same screen "Samsung GALAXY Note II". Please an help or advice on how to get into Recovery or Download mode, what should I do?.

NOTE: I already removed the SD Card and SIM Card.

UPDATE: I did try the removing the battery but did not work the first time, probably did not fully pressed Vol+ and Vol-, now it's working fine. Thanks a lot.

intuition34
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Default Re: [Kernel][Jan 31] Perseus

Quote:
Originally Posted by brosenz View Post
I had installed CM 10.1 successfully and everything was fine. The I installed Perseus Kernel from ROM Manager and it booted into Recovery (CWM) and installed Perseus without a problem, then when rebooting I got stuck on the screen "Samsung GALAXY Note II". I've tried to press the Vol-, Vol+ and Vol-, Home, remove Battery, etc, to try to get into Recovery or Download mode but nothing, I always get the same screen "Samsung GALAXY Note II". Please an help or advice on how to get into Recovery or Download mode, what should I do?.

NOTE: I already removed the SD Card and SIM Card.

UPDATE: I did try the removing the battery but did not work the first time, probably did not fully pressed Vol+ and Vol-, now it's working fine. Thanks a lot.
Uhmmmm. Pretty sure this is a touchwiz kernel and therefore not usable for anything 10.1 derived. (but I could mistaken).

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

speghead
Old
(Last edited by speghead; 18th February 2013 at 12:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 22

Snipped

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

gerazz
Old
Thanks Meter 7
quick question

if i use rom toolbox, will the perseus kernel 5g profile mess up? i do not plan to change anything on the profile. just want to make sure it does not somehow overwrite the 5g profile just because i want to use the room toolbox.

9wire
Old
Thanks Meter 309

Looks there might be some changes coming.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 9wire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rsalan
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Looks like 33 is out people!!

R1K05@N
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Greatest kernel evaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr. Everyone (myself include) will never have a reason to complain about color on our device ever again.
Back to Stock

rsalan
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Yes, for people who haven't been following. There is now a master screen setting that automatically sets the display to be as true and accurate as possible!

Zode1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Re: [Kernel][Feb 26] Perseus

Where in stweaks is this new master screen setting?

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk