Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: In your opinion, when looking back at this thread, how easy were the instructions?
Very Easy 88 32.23%
Somewhat Easy 43 15.75%
Easy 71 26.01%
Difficult 29 10.62%
Somewhat Difficult 16 5.86%
Very Difficult 26 9.52%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply

[BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Version

OP prokennexusa

18th February 2013, 01:28 AM   |  #661  
prokennexusa's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Petaluma
Thanks Meter: 964
 
2,637 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide MAJOR UPDATE Rev33 02/17/2013 at 16:03pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmrBanawan

Prokennexusa,

Glad you found out whats causing all the errors, It's 1:55 am right now so i'll go sleep for a couple of hours.

If you are done modifying the code by the time i get up, i'll start testing immediately!

Have fun coding!

AmrBanawan,

I think we got it this time. Let's do one more run and then we will call it a day.

When you have time, test:

27. Install Sony xLoud and ClearAudio+ Audio Upgrade

Post the output. Then test:

30. Install Lock Screen and Disable The Original Lock Screen

Post the output. Then test:

31. Fix The Android System Permissions And Anomalies

Post the output. Then test:

32. Disable Amazon Ad Services

Finally post the Main Menu as you see it, is it running outside of the 90 columns assigned to the window? Can we safely extend to 100 columns or will this run off the display?

Here we go the update!

Software 02/17/2013 at 16:03pm the current version is Rev 33:

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 31 Major Release - Download and extract the complete package:

Kindle Fire First Aide Microsoft Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide Microsoft Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide Microsoft Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip

Please extract the package as C:\KFFirstAide - BE SURE TO REMOVE THE EXTENSION OF 32 OR 64, since these packages will extract with numbers on the end.

Be sure to add the Windows Environment Variable of C:\KFFirstAide to the Path Statement, if you require instructions please go to the first page of this thread.

Be sure to REMOVE the Android SDK, this will cause the process to fail.

Finally, it is very important to make sure you are using the latest version of Java SE:

Java SE Development Kit 7u13
Last edited by prokennexusa; 18th February 2013 at 01:32 AM.
18th February 2013, 01:36 AM   |  #662  
prokennexusa's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Petaluma
Thanks Meter: 964
 
2,637 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide MAJOR UPDATE Rev33 02/17/2013 at 16:03pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by conalt

Prokennexusa - all options are now viewable in your latest version. Windows 64bit

Thanks

Sent from my KFTT using XDA Premium HD app

conalt,

We have another important update that fixes the Audio Upgrade installations:

Software 02/17/2013 at 16:03pm the current version is Rev 33:

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 31 Major Release - Download and extract the complete package:

Kindle Fire First Aide Microsoft Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide Microsoft Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide Microsoft Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip

Please extract the package as C:\KFFirstAide - BE SURE TO REMOVE THE EXTENSION OF 32 OR 64, since these packages will extract with numbers on the end.

Be sure to add the Windows Environment Variable of C:\KFFirstAide to the Path Statement, if you require instructions please go to the first page of this thread.

Be sure to REMOVE the Android SDK, this will cause the process to fail.

Finally, it is very important to make sure you are using the latest version of Java SE:

Java SE Development Kit 7u13
18th February 2013, 01:39 AM   |  #663  
prokennexusa's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Petaluma
Thanks Meter: 964
 
2,637 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide MAJOR UPDATE Rev33 02/17/2013 at 16:03pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimepuppy

I too am working from a Win 7 system and cannot force the runme.bat to run as administrator either. I do the following and it works well:

- install KFFirstAide in a folder directly off the file system root: C:\KFFirstAide in my case

- Open an admin command prompt
-- Press windows buttom or click windows icon
-- Search for cmd
--right-click top search result (cmd.exe) and select 'Run as administrator' (and say yes to the 'are you sure' nag pop-up)

- Navigate to KFFirstAide directory:
-- cd /
-- cd KFFirstAide (or type CD KFF and press 'tab' and let windows complete the command for you)

- Start utility: runme.bat

Slimepuppy,

Software 02/17/2013 at 16:03pm the current version is Rev 33:

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 31 Major Release - Download and extract the complete package:

Kindle Fire First Aide Microsoft Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide Microsoft Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide Microsoft Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip

Please extract the package as C:\KFFirstAide - BE SURE TO REMOVE THE EXTENSION OF 32 OR 64, since these packages will extract with numbers on the end.

Be sure to add the Windows Environment Variable of C:\KFFirstAide to the Path Statement, if you require instructions please go to the first page of this thread.

Be sure to REMOVE the Android SDK, this will cause the process to fail.

Finally, it is very important to make sure you are using the latest version of Java SE:

Java SE Development Kit 7u13
18th February 2013, 01:41 AM   |  #664  
prokennexusa's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Petaluma
Thanks Meter: 964
 
2,637 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide MAJOR UPDATE Rev33 02/17/2013 at 16:03pm
To All -

We have an update that fixes the Audio Upgrade installation and the Restore features.

Software 02/17/2013 at 16:03pm the current version is Rev 33:

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 31 Major Release - Download and extract the complete package:

Kindle Fire First Aide Microsoft Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide Microsoft Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide Microsoft Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip

Please extract the package as C:\KFFirstAide - BE SURE TO REMOVE THE EXTENSION OF 32 OR 64, since these packages will extract with numbers on the end.

Be sure to add the Windows Environment Variable of C:\KFFirstAide to the Path Statement, if you require instructions please go to the first page of this thread.

Be sure to REMOVE the Android SDK, this will cause the process to fail.

Finally, it is very important to make sure you are using the latest version of Java SE:

Java SE Development Kit 7u13
18th February 2013, 01:44 AM   |  #665  
persano's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 256
 
1,573 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prokennexusa

To All -

We have an update that fixes the Audio Upgrade installation and the Restore features.

Software 02/17/2013 at 16:03pm the current version is Rev 33:

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 31 Major Release - Download and extract the complete package:

Kindle Fire First Aide Microsoft Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide Microsoft Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide Microsoft Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip

Please extract the package as C:\KFFirstAide - BE SURE TO REMOVE THE EXTENSION OF 32 OR 64, since these packages will extract with numbers on the end.

Be sure to add the Windows Environment Variable of C:\KFFirstAide to the Path Statement, if you require instructions please go to the first page of this thread.

Be sure to REMOVE the Android SDK, this will cause the process to fail.

Finally, it is very important to make sure you are using the latest version of Java SE:

Java SE Development Kit 7u13

exellent, when i get my tablet, i will update my tweaks with my latest tweaks and rpengine (mpengine but even better)

bravia engine affect graffics and sound and xloud make sound even better ?
Last edited by persano; 18th February 2013 at 02:30 AM.
18th February 2013, 02:03 AM   |  #666  
lacoursiere18's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag LbTs
Thanks Meter: 5,195
 
3,588 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Donate to Me
More
Sounds great man you guys doing great work!!!
18th February 2013, 03:05 AM   |  #667  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
87 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Re: [BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Versi
Waiting for payday sux so I can order a factory cable from someone, I don't feel like making another second rate one again, would rather a quality one. Anyone know of a good place to order one, then I wont feel bad flashing my hd 7" crazily, cause I will have a recovery path.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD
18th February 2013, 03:16 AM   |  #668  
SkOrPn's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Albuquerque, NM
Thanks Meter: 543
 
2,006 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by point99trash2011

Waiting for payday sux so I can order a factory cable from someone, I don't feel like making another second rate one again, would rather a quality one. Anyone know of a good place to order one, then I wont feel bad flashing my hd 7" crazily, cause I will have a recovery path.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

The rumor is, this guy at this link makes pretty darned good ones but fair warning he is a nut case and tests his cables multiple times before shipping. He even puts a logo on it as if it will make it work better, jeez what a weirdo.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...15&postcount=9

I forgot to mention, he even ships them in water-proof bubble mailers... water proof mailers, really? just crazy
Last edited by SkOrPn; 18th February 2013 at 03:20 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SkOrPn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 03:23 AM   |  #669  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
87 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Re: [BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Versi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkOrPn

The rumor is, this guy at this link makes pretty darned good ones but fair warning he is a nut case and tests his cables multiple times before shipping. He even puts a logo on it as if it will make it work better, jeez what a weirdo.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...15&postcount=9

I forgot to mention, he even ships them in water-proof bubble mailers... water proof mailers, really? just crazy

Nice reply, I know you make them, but was not aware of ordering process... thank you for the link, I will be orderig in the next week or two. Just have to get back into my paypal, have not used it in several years, everything I order anymore does credit cards.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD
18th February 2013, 03:33 AM   |  #670  
SkOrPn's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Albuquerque, NM
Thanks Meter: 543
 
2,006 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by point99trash2011

Nice reply, I know you make them, but was not aware of ordering process... thank you for the link, I will be orderig in the next week or two. Just have to get back into my paypal, have not used it in several years, everything I order anymore does credit cards.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

hehe I know I was just being funny

Hey PayPal also accepts major credit and bank cards, so you do not need to have money in your paypal account, especially if its attached to your bank account. Just make sure you find the profile section in paypal so you can make sure the shipping address is correct. I do not hand write the shipping labels out, I just print them via PayPal/USPS/eBay shipping center because PayPal offers Seller Protection so long I do not edit shipping addresses.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kfhd system.img restore tool, kindle fire brick, kindle fire recovery, kindle fire restore, kindle fire utility
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes