Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 47,497 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: In your opinion, when looking back at this thread, how easy were the instructions?
Very Easy 86 32.45%
Somewhat Easy 40 15.09%
Easy 70 26.42%
Difficult 28 10.57%
Somewhat Difficult 16 6.04%
Very Difficult 25 9.43%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

[BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Version

Tip us?

prokennexusa
Old
(Last edited by prokennexusa; 18th February 2013 at 12:32 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 954

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide MAJOR UPDATE Rev33 02/17/2013 at 16:03pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmrBanawan View Post
Prokennexusa,

Glad you found out whats causing all the errors, It's 1:55 am right now so i'll go sleep for a couple of hours.

If you are done modifying the code by the time i get up, i'll start testing immediately!

Have fun coding!
AmrBanawan,

I think we got it this time. Let's do one more run and then we will call it a day.

When you have time, test:

27. Install Sony xLoud and ClearAudio+ Audio Upgrade

Post the output. Then test:

30. Install Lock Screen and Disable The Original Lock Screen

31. Fix The Android System Permissions And Anomalies

32. Disable Amazon Ad Services

Finally post the Main Menu as you see it, is it running outside of the 90 columns assigned to the window? Can we safely extend to 100 columns or will this run off the display?

Here we go the update!

Software 02/17/2013 at 16:03pm the current version is Rev 33:

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 31 Major Release - Download and extract the complete package:

Kindle Fire First Aide Microsoft Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide Microsoft Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide Microsoft Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip

Please extract the package as C:\KFFirstAide - BE SURE TO REMOVE THE EXTENSION OF 32 OR 64, since these packages will extract with numbers on the end.

Be sure to add the Windows Environment Variable of C:\KFFirstAide to the Path Statement, if you require instructions please go to the first page of this thread.

Be sure to REMOVE the Android SDK, this will cause the process to fail.

Finally, it is very important to make sure you are using the latest version of Java SE:

Java SE Development Kit 7u13
Best Regards, Chris Bryant (prokennexusa Team Member)

The Noob Guys, where Simplicity is Key......

Main Line: (707) 774-5923

KFFA Bug Tracking: http://mantis.canonicaldev.com
Pastebin for Info: http://pastebin.canonicaldev.com/

Facebook: prokennexusa@gmail.com
Twitter: #prokennexus

Search XDA for Noob............More to come!

prokennexusa
Old
Thanks Meter 954

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide MAJOR UPDATE Rev33 02/17/2013 at 16:03pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by conalt View Post
Prokennexusa - all options are now viewable in your latest version. Windows 64bit

Thanks

Sent from my KFTT using XDA Premium HD app
conalt,

We have another important update that fixes the Audio Upgrade installations:

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 31 Major Release - Download and extract the complete package:

Please extract the package as C:\KFFirstAide - BE SURE TO REMOVE THE EXTENSION OF 32 OR 64, since these packages will extract with numbers on the end.

Be sure to add the Windows Environment Variable of C:\KFFirstAide to the Path Statement, if you require instructions please go to the first page of this thread.

Finally, it is very important to make sure you are using the latest version of Java SE:

prokennexusa
Old
Thanks Meter 954

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimepuppy View Post
I too am working from a Win 7 system and cannot force the runme.bat to run as administrator either. I do the following and it works well:

- install KFFirstAide in a folder directly off the file system root: C:\KFFirstAide in my case

- Open an admin command prompt
-- Press windows buttom or click windows icon
-- Search for cmd
--right-click top search result (cmd.exe) and select 'Run as administrator' (and say yes to the 'are you sure' nag pop-up)

- Navigate to KFFirstAide directory:
-- cd /
-- cd KFFirstAide (or type CD KFF and press 'tab' and let windows complete the command for you)

- Start utility: runme.bat
Slimepuppy,

prokennexusa
Old
Thanks Meter 954

DONATE TO ME

To All -

We have an update that fixes the Audio Upgrade installation and the Restore features.

persano
Old
(Last edited by persano; 18th February 2013 at 01:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by prokennexusa View Post
To All -

We have an update that fixes the Audio Upgrade installation and the Restore features.

exellent, when i get my tablet, i will update my tweaks with my latest tweaks and rpengine (mpengine but even better)

bravia engine affect graffics and sound and xloud make sound even better ?

Help a Good Cause http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2666458 Help us releasing the kernel

lacoursiere18
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4,253

DONATE TO ME
Sounds great man you guys doing great work!!!

point99trash2011
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default Re: [BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Versi

Waiting for payday sux so I can order a factory cable from someone, I don't feel like making another second rate one again, would rather a quality one. Anyone know of a good place to order one, then I wont feel bad flashing my hd 7" crazily, cause I will have a recovery path.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

SkOrPn
Old
(Last edited by SkOrPn; 18th February 2013 at 02:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 464

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by point99trash2011 View Post
Waiting for payday sux so I can order a factory cable from someone, I don't feel like making another second rate one again, would rather a quality one. Anyone know of a good place to order one, then I wont feel bad flashing my hd 7" crazily, cause I will have a recovery path.

The rumor is, this guy at this link makes pretty darned good ones but fair warning he is a nut case and tests his cables multiple times before shipping. He even puts a logo on it as if it will make it work better, jeez what a weirdo.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...15&postcount=9

I forgot to mention, he even ships them in water-proof bubble mailers... water proof mailers, really? just crazy

unBricked 6 times via "The SkOrPn JIG"
"The SkOrPn Motorola & Kindle Fire Factory Cable"

High Quality is never an accident.
It is always the result of excellent intention, intelligent direction, sincere effort and skillful execution.
It represents the wisest choice of many alternatives! ~ William A. Foster ~ Edited by ME!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SkOrPn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

point99trash2011
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default Re: [BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Versi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkOrPn View Post
The rumor is, this guy at this link makes pretty darned good ones but fair warning he is a nut case and tests his cables multiple times before shipping. He even puts a logo on it as if it will make it work better, jeez what a weirdo.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...15&postcount=9

I forgot to mention, he even ships them in water-proof bubble mailers... water proof mailers, really? just crazy
Nice reply, I know you make them, but was not aware of ordering process... thank you for the link, I will be orderig in the next week or two. Just have to get back into my paypal, have not used it in several years, everything I order anymore does credit cards.

SkOrPn
Old
Thanks Meter 464

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by point99trash2011 View Post
Nice reply, I know you make them, but was not aware of ordering process... thank you for the link, I will be orderig in the next week or two. Just have to get back into my paypal, have not used it in several years, everything I order anymore does credit cards.

hehe I know I was just being funny

Hey PayPal also accepts major credit and bank cards, so you do not need to have money in your paypal account, especially if its attached to your bank account. Just make sure you find the profile section in paypal so you can make sure the shipping address is correct. I do not hand write the shipping labels out, I just print them via PayPal/USPS/eBay shipping center because PayPal offers Seller Protection so long I do not edit shipping addresses.

unBricked 6 times via "The SkOrPn JIG"
"The SkOrPn Motorola & Kindle Fire Factory Cable"

High Quality is never an accident.
It is always the result of excellent intention, intelligent direction, sincere effort and skillful execution.
It represents the wisest choice of many alternatives! ~ William A. Foster ~ Edited by ME!

Tags
kfhd system.img restore tool, kindle fire brick, kindle fire recovery, kindle fire restore, kindle fire utility