Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 52,995 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

DIY GUIDE TO REPLACING THE 19$ BROKEN GLASS on the galaxy note

Tip us?

kawgirlval69
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Captain View Post
I'm undecided on if I should close this or not. There is a lot of flaming in here.

But there is people that might want to post in here for information so it will be left open.

If the flaming starts back up though, I will close this thread.

~ The-Captain
im for closing it...the facts are there, probably every pro and con, and even how to's so people have the ability to read it and see if its a repair option for them...
The Following User Says Thank You to kawgirlval69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Corininha
Old
Thanks Meter 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgirlval69 View Post
im for closing it...the facts are there, probably every pro and con, and even how to's so people have the ability to read it and see if its a repair option for them...
Leave it open, please. I'll post my results when my glass arrives from China in about couple of weeks tops.
"Every expert was once a beginner."

Amazing sigpic by Uki!

epicfailguy2
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Hello, A friend of mine tried to change the glass yesterday, we made it all out okay but the screen is ALL GREEN like there are only green pixels showing up, we havnt tried putting it off again to check where we might have misconnected the screen or something, can anyone point us toward which part of the phone or cable we must check ?
Or is the screen itself damaged ? (there is no black pixel or black line whatsoever, the screen looks perfect except it's all green huedright from the start (galaxy logo is green too) lol.
Thanks

kawgirlval69
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicfailguy2 View Post
Hello, A friend of mine tried to change the glass yesterday, we made it all out okay but the screen is ALL GREEN like there are only green pixels showing up, we havnt tried putting it off again to check where we might have misconnected the screen or something, can anyone point us toward which part of the phone or cable we must check ?
Or is the screen itself damaged ? (there is no black pixel or black line whatsoever, the screen looks perfect except it's all green huedright from the start (galaxy logo is green too) lol.
Thanks
you broke the screen.....
When life gives you crap, put it in a paper bag....light the bag....then put it on "someones" porch.....

epicfailguy2
Old
Thanks Meter 53
I don't know, I need to check if all the wires are at the right place, Theres only one dent on the LCD and to me it seems strange one dents would kill all the colors blue and red instead of making a dead line of pixels or something. We didn't heat the LCD much, not over 60C

The-Captain
Old
Recognized Themer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3174
Thread Cleaned.
Enough of this. I will be watching this thread. If there is anymore flaming in here, action will be taken.
The Following User Says Thank You to The-Captain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Stevensoe
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Very useful post. Thanks.

alom5
Old
Thanks Meter 173
This is an excellent thread and please leave it open. I have replaced screen on i9000 before in the same way.....i did crunch a screen on the first one i tried ( didn't realise they were stuck together)

don't see the harm in having a go....as you have to pay the full price for a new digitizer+ screen anyway....so if it breaks foook it!! if not , you are sorted.

people who don't want to help or cant provide anything usefull should not post. That way the thread will stay clean.

I will be attempting to replace the casing on an s2.....hopefully it will go ok.

eyeoncomputers
Old
Thanks Meter 11
i was wondering if the LCD was glued to the digitizer glass.... dang, thats gonna be difficult to replace just the digitizer by itself.

phamoen
Old
Thanks Meter 2
This guy did it as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV-80zTAfyc

I'm also looking at this, just because replacing the whole screen is always an option if this fails.. And it just seems wasteful to throw away a perfectly ok screen just because of some 'stickyness' .....
Any more tips / insights on improving the succesrate?