Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,220 Members 44,745 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] "Mail Sent" for SGSIII

Tip us?

grunt0300
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default [Q] "Mail Sent" for SGSIII

Is there a way that i can add the "mail sent" sound to my stock SGSIII?
Give yourself, to the Dark Side!

diablo009
Old
Thanks Meter 1343
Default Re: [Q] "Mail Sent" for SGSIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
Is there a way that i can add the "mail sent" sound to my stock SGSIII?
Yes. Install any mail client from market, like mail droid, k9, etc.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

T Mobile Galaxy S5: [ROM] AllianceRom - Build 2

AT&T Galaxy S5: [ROM] Stock Rooted

All Infuse modems individually packed into CWM flashable packages

Android Memory Management
Customizing Icons

Clicking "THANKS" is the simplest and easiest way of showing appreciation.
The Following User Says Thank You to diablo009 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

grunt0300
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo009 View Post

O.K.,thanks. I'm using gmail now, but i guess that i'll have to switch. I have three mail accounts…Gmail, AOL, and Verizon. I'm assuming that i can just switch them to the new one(mail droid, etc,), and all would be well?

y0yerrj0sh
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
O.K.,thanks. I'm using gmail now, but i guess that i'll have to switch. I have three mail accounts…Gmail, AOL, and Verizon. I'm assuming that i can just switch them to the new one(mail droid, etc,), and all would be well?
I would think so.
The Following User Says Thank You to y0yerrj0sh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

grunt0300
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:

O.K. I tried it, and it doesn't work. I believe that the "mail sent" sound has to be in the systems folder to begin with, and it can't be added by a mail client. For example: The "sounds" settings in my wife's iPhone have a new mail, and a sent mail category. You can attach ringtones for each. The SGSIII doesn't have this format(in stock, anyway), and i probably would have to root, in order to add the "mail sent", to the sounds file. If i'm wrong, and i hope that i am, please let me know. Thanks for any help.
P.S. After using a MacBook Pro, and an iPhone for so long, i just got used to hearing that sound when i sent out an email or a text msg. I guess that it's a "comfort" thing.

diablo009
Old
Thanks Meter 1343
Quote:
O.K. I tried it, and it doesn't work. I believe that the "mail sent" sound has to be in the systems folder to begin with, and it can't be added by a mail client. For example: The "sounds" settings in my wife's iPhone have a new mail, and a sent mail category. You can attach ringtones for each. The SGSIII doesn't have this format(in stock, anyway), and i probably would have to root, in order to add the "mail sent", to the sounds file. If i'm wrong, and i hope that i am, please let me know. Thanks for any help.
P.S. After using a MacBook Pro, and an iPhone for so long, i just got used to hearing that sound when i sent out an email or a text msg. I guess that it's a "comfort" thing.
I wouldn't go with stock email app, esp considering I keep changing ROMs every now and then. Having a non stock email app takes your dependence on the app that's bundled with the ROM every time you change it. Plus stock email is kinda very low on features compared to many free emails apps out there.

T Mobile Galaxy S5: [ROM] AllianceRom - Build 2

AT&T Galaxy S5: [ROM] Stock Rooted

All Infuse modems individually packed into CWM flashable packages

Android Memory Management
Customizing Icons

Clicking "THANKS" is the simplest and easiest way of showing appreciation.

grunt0300
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
I wouldn't go with stock email app, esp considering I keep changing ROMs every now and then. Having a non stock email app takes your dependence on the app that's bundled with the ROM every time you change it. Plus stock email is kinda very low on features compared to many free emails apps out there.
Thanks. I will be splitting my hard drive very soon(i have a MacBook Pro), and i guess Windows 7 on the PC side should be o.k. when i root. First thing that i want to do is get into those sound files, then try an "almost like stock" rom, with 4.2.1. If you have an recommendations, i'd like to hear them. Thanks, again.