View Poll Results: u want pico voice data in this gapps? 3,84 MB waste of system space
Yes 38 44.19%
No 48 55.81%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

[JB][CM10] Defy Gapps Pack! [Last Version 19.05.13]

14th February 2013, 08:54 PM   |  #191  
OP Senior Member
Flag Siegen
Thanks Meter: 548

851 posts
Donate to Me
More
AW: [JB][CM10] Defy Gapps Pack! [NOW with external Voicefiles]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drawkcaB

Hey i followed the guide and used 20121224 without voice and downloaded the english voice pack. Flashed both from cwm. Linked as said using root explorer. but everytime i try voice it says could not connect to google

Any idea where im going wrong?

using cm10 with sevenrocks ringtone fix(27 jan). defy green.

hi, maybe the voice recognition pack was corrupt, test redownload flash again and resymlink. if u see the en-US folder in usr/srec.... and u can click on it and u see the files in there, it normally have to work.
15th February 2013, 05:50 AM   |  #192  
Thanks Meter: 3

65 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drawkcaB

Hey i followed the guide and used 20121224 without voice and downloaded the english voice pack. Flashed both from cwm. Linked as said using root explorer. but everytime i try voice it says could not connect to google

Any idea where im going wrong?

using cm10 with sevenrocks ringtone fix(27 jan). defy green.

I have the same problem as the above post. To elaborate, when I go to Settings>Language & Inputs>Google voice typing, there is no option for offline voice recognition. I made the symlink from my sd card as per the instructions in this thread.

Also, can Quarx CM10 messaging app read text messages aloud when Pico is install? I can't seem to do this.

Thanks
15th February 2013, 09:47 AM   |  #193  
OP Senior Member
Flag Siegen

851 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattest

I have the same problem as the above post. To elaborate, when I go to Settings>Language & Inputs>Google voice typing, there is no option for offline voice recognition. I made the symlink from my sd card as per the instructions in this thread.

yes, we don't have a option for recognition in defy. normal u can download offline recognition data, but the defy is locked for this option, we need a hacked Google Now for that.

I don't use pico, can't answer ur question.
18th February 2013, 03:30 AM   |  #194  
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
Thumbs up
Very good, I do not see many bugs for now
20th February 2013, 09:30 PM   |  #195  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 136

491 posts
More
Re: [JB][CM10] Defy Gapps Pack! [NOW with external Voicefiles]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnTerNoZ

yes, we don't have a option for recognition in defy. normal u can download offline recognition data, but the defy is locked for this option, we need a hacked Google Now for that.

Same here. Wasn't Google now supposed to be free? And all the files needed in android os? So i get it CM10 does not include the files needed?
How can we make it work?
21st February 2013, 08:25 PM   |  #196  
OP Senior Member
Flag Siegen

851 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deonix

Same here. Wasn't Google now supposed to be free? And all the files needed in android os? So i get it CM10 does not include the files needed?
How can we make it work?

if we get copys of recognition data from data/data/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox/app_g3_models I can made zips for all languages. if I push the app in data partition on defy it not work. there is a ics Google now thread I test later with Epsilon build if I can get the data, but I'm busy at the moment.
22nd February 2013, 08:17 PM   |  #197  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 136

491 posts
More
Re: [JB][CM10] Defy Gapps Pack! [NOW with external Voicefiles]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnTerNoZ

if we get copys of recognition data from data/data/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox/app_g3_models I can made zips for all languages. if I push the app in data partition on defy it not work. there is a ics Google now thread I test later with Epsilon build if I can get the data, but I'm busy at the moment.

Hmm, not i tried to look for the folder you say to link but i have no system folder in mnt/sdcard/Android.
22nd February 2013, 10:16 PM   |  #198  
OP Senior Member
Flag Siegen

851 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deonix

Hmm, not i tried to look for the folder you say to link but i have no system folder in mnt/sdcard/Android.

after u have flash the zip the folder has to be there, i checked the zip twice maybe u need to mount sdcard in recovery before flashing the zip. I was to lazy for that code cause the most time the sdcard is mounted.
23rd February 2013, 04:57 PM   |  #199  
Thanks Meter: 15

176 posts
If i want only gallery 4.2. i try pack with gallery camera and keyboard, but camera is very slow. For install only gallery.apk?

Thanks
23rd February 2013, 06:56 PM   |  #200  
Flag Bologna
Thanks Meter: 102

281 posts
Donate to Me
More
R: [JB][CM10] Defy Gapps Pack! [NOW with external Voicefiles]
Impossible, both are in the same apk. Sorry.

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm10, gapps, google now offline voice recognition, jelly bean, quarx
Previous Thread Next Thread