• Yes it did!

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • No it didn't!

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

cmos8088

Jan 23, 2011
Ok so I followed the procedures here but cannot re-unlock the bootloader. OTA came through fine. When I attempted to apply the unlock token, the warning screen comes up & I vol+ to yes & press the power button. I let it run its cycle & then adb reboot bootloader to a relocked bootloader. I will attempting this a 3rd time. Do I need to continue doing this until it's unlocked?

I had to do it twice to get it to unlock correctly. Try powering off and boot back into bootloader and re-apply the unlock token. Bootloader at the top should stay Tampered unlocked at the top if it takes.

Only thing I did different from the post is fastboot flash recovery,img so I could flash viper

Sjflowerhorn

Apr 28, 2010
Maple Shade/Collingswood/Cherry Hill
What is the OFFICIAL update named?

Yea I have flashing a recovery at [Step 4] :)

what is the "EXACT" filename in the /cache/ folder? I have not recieved the update but i am not very patient and have it downloaded. Everyone has it downloadable as "OTAPkg.zip" and i am just checking before i go through with manually flashing it in the stock recovery. seeings as i can't download it through the official servers until Tomorrow-Friday being the latest(and i am not that patient lol). Thanks in advance and glad to see everyone is getting through the update successfully so far!!!

keep on moddin fellas.

EDIT: because i cannot download the Update through official servers if i can find the stock recovery i am almost positive i can do it. but i havent been able to locate a stock recovery.img for our phones. :(
RE-EDIT: Found and flashed stock recovery to nop avail.

still looking for specific update.zip filename.

Thanks again

Last edited:

trickster2369

Feb 15, 2011
SD
So, has anyone else done this without an issue? I'm ready to rock, just slow to pull the trigger.

Not many/any results in the poll above the OP.

Sjflowerhorn

Apr 28, 2010
i personally havent recieved it via OTA so im attempting manually with no dice. stock recover keeps failing i need to get the specific name if the file to re attemp it so the next person to get the OTA should screenshot the filename in their /cache/ folder for me so i can be possitive.

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
i personally havent recieved it via OTA so im attempting manually with no dice. stock recover keeps failing i need to get the specific name if the file to re attemp it so the next person to get the OTA should screenshot the filename in their /cache/ folder for me so i can be possitive.

I believe it's cache/fota/placeziphere

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium HD app

trickster2369

Feb 15, 2011
SD
I have decided to give her hell and am almost done with the RUU/OTA UPDATE. I'll report back in a few when I get things all buttoned up.

Relock: Check
RUU: Check
Unlock: Check
Update: Check
Remained Unlocked: Check

Last edited:

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
so in this case being

"/cache/fota/OTAPkg.zip"

because that is the only zip name i have seen since its debut. and thanks BTW.

Yes that's what I believe it is

I have decided to give her hell and am almost done with the RUU/OTA UPDATE. I'll report back in a few when I get things all buttoned up.

Update:

Yup looks right so far, if it locks after the OTA try a few more times to run the token

Reactions: trickster2369

Sjflowerhorn

Apr 28, 2010

Update:

I sent you a PM trikster. If you could grab a screen sot of that just so i can be sure of the filename :)

edit scratch that, my man (.Trickster) just posted it right while i was typing this. but thanks anyway :)

Last edited:

docnok63

Nov 22, 2012
Memphis, TN
So, has anyone else done this without an issue? I'm ready to rock, just slow to pull the trigger.

As long as you've read through this post and know what you need to do and have your .bin and your backups, go ahead. It's a lot less difficult than the original unlock with the dual DOS screens.

There isn't any single update.zip or similar file name. This update runs via a scripting system only recognized by 1.15's stock recovery. That's why those with custom recoveries have to use the RUU to revert back. As I posted, the OTA didn't work on the first attempt. When it rebooted, I forced another OTA download. It worked the second time. You might have to keep trying. It might be another issue like Aroma installer is for custom ROMs for us.

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
@docnok63 to answer your question about the kernel being unsecure it is i was looking around and found it " ro.secure=0 "

Please vote in the poll too that would help me out a lot I appreciate it

Last edited:
Reactions: trickster2369

trickster2369

Feb 15, 2011
SD
Everything appears to bo good. Just reflashed recovery, going to restore my sd card data and restore my nandroid.

Thanks for the guide, and following along.

Reactions: .torrented

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011
OTAPkg.zip was just the name MicroMod gave it when he zipped up his cache folder. He could have just as easily named it 2.05cache.zip and it would be as useful to you updating. It's not going to work.

OTApkg.zip was the actual name of the download, micromod didn't change it. It was the actual file that is downloaded when you download the ota.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Sjflowerhorn

Apr 28, 2010
OTAPkg.zip was just the name MicroMod gave it when he zipped up his cache folder. He could have just as easily named it 2.05cache.zip and it would be as useful to you updating. It's not going to work.

That is exactly why question was for the exact name of the filename but apparently, no one is either A, nice enough to help me out or B, capable of doing so. I guess im just going to wait it out. Not worth asking people to help you out these days, it seems people can point out everyone elses inability to answer my question all while showing the same exact quality.

But thanks for answering the only part of the question you could ;)

Last edited:

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011
That is exactly why question was for the exact name of the file fromname but apparently, no one is either A, nice enough to help me out or B, capable of doing so. I guess im just going to wait it out. Not worth asking people to help you out these days, it seems can point out everyone elses inability to answer my question all while showing the same exact quality.

When it auto downloaded to my device it downloaded this.

"/cache/somefolder/OTAPkg.zip"

I have clear cache since and don't recall the folder name, but that was it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
That is exactly why question was for the exact name of the filename but apparently, no one is either A, nice enough to help me out or B, capable of doing so. I guess im just going to wait it out. Not worth asking people to help you out these days, it seems people can point out everyone elses inability to answer my question all while showing the same exact quality.

But thanks for answering the only part of the question you could ;)

Hold on I might be able to find you the answer... just give me a minute :)

edit... check this out:

I made this for ViperDNA (thanks to two_cents for pointing it out!) but it will work for any custom rom, or stock rooted users who dont want to be forced to download/apply the ota.

Code:
cache/fumo/OTAPkg.zip
system/app/HtcOMADM_VZW.apk
system/app/HtcOMADM_SettingsPlugin_VZW.apk
system/app/DMCommandService.apk

I just hack 'n' slashed the post but thats where it is i think i said /cache/fota/OTAPkg.zip but its /cache/fumo/OTAPkg.zip

You. Are. Welcome. :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE OR YOU LOSE YOUR ALREADY UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER
    THIS ONLY WILL WORK IF YOU HAVE UNLOCKED YOUR BOOTLOADER BEFORE THE OTA
    GOOD LUCK TO ANYONE BRAVE ENOUGH TO TAKE THE PLUNGE

IF YOU ARE S-OFF PLEASE VISIT THIS THREAD

To better explain this guide, what it does is explains how to get the 2.04 OTA firmware without losing your already ***Unlocked*** bootloader. You will have to lock your bootloader, then RUU back to 1.15, re-unlock your bootloader and take the OTA and then re-flash a custom recovery.​

This is what I did and it should work (Not a 100% Guarantee) :

Download the 1.15 RUU
    Have your ORIGINAL Unlock_code.bin token ready (from when you've unlocked your bootloader on the 1.15 release)
    Backup ALL of your sdcard contents as this will completely wipe the device
    Have about 30~60 minutes to sit down and do this

[Step 1]:
    Boot into Bootloader and if you aren't in fastboot click on fastboot to get there and if it says " fastboot usb " you're good now

[Step 2]:
    Enter the following command:
    Code:
    fastboot oem lock
    Then let it do its thing, it might reboot.

[Step 2a]:
    Boot back into fastboot then right click RUU and click on " Run as Administrator " then follow the on screen instructions.

[Step 3]:
    After the RUU finishes power off the device and then boot back into bootloader again and get to " fastboot usb " then open command prompt and navigate to where you have your " Unlock_code.bin "

[Step 3a]:
    Enter the following code:
    Code:
    fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

[Step 3b]:
    On your device use [Vol Up] to select " Yes " and then [Power] to proceed.

[Step 4]:
    Then boot up and go to the " Update System " and check for an update (It should prompt you to take the OTA, do it)

You should now be good to go with the latest firmware and all thats left it to reflash TWRP or CWM and either a ROM of your choice or a Nandroid.
    *** TAMPERED ***
    *** UNLOCKED ***

Here is a good ROM to flash after OTA [ROM][2.04.605.2] Stock Rooted Deodexed Zipaligned Semi-Debloated + Extras

After I completed all of these steps and took the OTA, I did not have to reflash the Unlock_code.bin file to unlock my bootloader it stayed unlocked after I took the OTA but in case yours does not just re-flash the Unlock_code.bin file one more time and it should do the trick.

Here is my proof that it worked for me:
    2013-02-17_15-22-49.jpg 2013-02-17_15-22-44.jpg 20130217_152748.jpg
    This is not how I did it, but glad it worked for you. I followed the guide here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2017525

I backed up my pics, movies, music and whatnot, then I flashed TWRP 2.4.1.0 and did a Nandroid backup of system and data. TWRP is known on our device to make better backups and restores than CWR. ***NOTE*** flashing the RUU will completely wipe your phone including your backup. Make sure you copy the entire TWRP folder to your PC!!!***

Next, I locked my bootloader using:
    Code:
    fastboot oem lock

I then flashed the RUU as administrator. When the device boots up don't worry about GPS or signing into Google. Force an OTA update under Settings\About\Software update. Accept the update. It will download and then ask you if you want to apply. Answer yes.

The phone will reboot into stock recovery and start flashing updates. It will reboot the recovery at least once while doing so. Do not touch your phone until it boots into Android automatically. Again, don't worry about GPS or Google login. You SHOULD boot into a message that says the 2.04 update was successful. The first reboot from my "update" did not stick. I had to force another OTA update download and told it to apply again. It worked for me the second time.

Once you have a successful 2.04 update, fastboot into bootloader and unlock your bootloader again with your original unlock_code.bin.

I'm not sure if this applies any more, but step 8 of that guide says to flash the unlocked kernel and recovery. He's referring to the kernel ripped from dsb's s-off dev phone he got from the DNA launch. It allows for root access and custom recoveries to be installed. I'm not sure if this is necessary any more, but it's the only kernel I know that when you flash it, it automatically makes the phone boot into Android and you have the new "Do no not distribute outside of HTC blah blah blah" HTC logo screen. It also makes your bootloader say ***TAMPERED*** again.

I've uploaded it here (Right click and save)

After it boots into Android copy the TWRP directory back from your PC. Reboot into fastboot and flash TWRP and any kernel you want. Restore your backup (system and data.) Flash any kernel modules necessary. Wipe dalvik cache and cache (do not factory reset or wipe system.) Reboot and PROFIT. (Restore your pics, movies, music and whatnot.)

Again, this is how I did it. YMMV.
    When I click your proof button, nothing happens. All other "show content" work.

The newer kernels may allow root and custom recovery without messing with the HTC boot screen and putting tampered on the bootloader. I just did it to better safe than sorry.

Oh well it should have loaded some pictures that I uploaded I'm on the OTA stock kernel. And the the tampered msg I believe is related to using a custom recovery as well as the boot screen msg

Everything seems to be working like all my root apps and such

so in this case being

"/cache/fota/OTAPkg.zip"

because that is the only zip name i have seen since its debut. and thanks BTW.

Yes that's what I believe it is

Update:

Yup looks right so far, if it locks after the OTA try a few more times to run the token
    @docnok63 to answer your question about the kernel being unsecure it is i was looking around and found it " ro.secure=0 "

Please vote in the poll too that would help me out a lot I appreciate it