[ROM][OFFICIAL] PACman: Paranoid-AOKP-CM-Now with HALO - [Aug 28, Android 4.3]

OP IconRunner

17th February 2013, 01:30 PM   |  #51  
Flag Delaware
Thanks Meter: 2,047

4,452 posts
More
Re: [ROM] [PORT] PACman: Paranoid-AOKP-CM TrueHybrid [Feb 14, version 19.9.1]
For a long while I was only using roms built for our phones. Because I didn't have time to hell raise. Then I realized something. I can run almost any i9100 rom simply by flashing aj's siyah over it since the key layouts for the buttons are built into the kernel . Tested and working lovely. Sooo much easier and faster than the previous ways of hell raising. I tried this rom and I really enjoyed it. Good luck, happy flashing all.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Phalanx7621 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 01:59 PM   |  #52  
Island, Caribbean
Thanks Meter: 159

499 posts
Sweet. Gonna give that a try

Sent from my SGH-I777
18th February 2013, 03:00 AM   |  #53  
Flag Tulsa, Ok
Thanks Meter: 572

878 posts
Donate to Me
More
Had a very good run on stock kernel even with it going into kernel panic mode and draining the battery while I was riding.. it's there a need for concern when that happens?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361152760997.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	1739050  
18th February 2013, 05:03 AM   |  #54  
OP Senior Member
Flag Raleigh, NC
Thanks Meter: 743

619 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidmissionary

Had a very good run on stock kernel even with it going into kernel panic mode and draining the battery while I was riding.. it's there a need for concern when that happens?

No need for concern. In case you don't already know, that spike in battery use is common during reboots. Dunno why it happens.

AJ Newkirk has released a new version of Siyah rebranded as "AJK". If you have more kernel panics, give that a try and see if it fixes things up for you.
18th February 2013, 05:12 AM   |  #55  
Southern Maine / Seacoast NH
Thanks Meter: 716

2,468 posts
More
Fwiw, I'm seeing a marked improvement in screen on times with the stock cm kernel vs. Siyah/ajk. Granted I've run neither for long enough yet to really tell due to aj's insane release rate, but I'm comfortably hitting close to 4 hours screen on with cm, and I was struggling to get close to 3 with siyah. Same apps, stock or nearly stock settings on both (obviously cm stock settings are pretty different from siyah stock). No noticeable performance difference. Reported deep sleep percentages were in line, given the difference in screen on time. No glaring differences in wake locks.

Gonna keep looking to see if I can track down what's causing the difference...

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
18th February 2013, 06:31 AM   |  #56  
Flag Tulsa, Ok

878 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IconRunner

No need for concern. In case you don't already know, that spike in battery use is common during reboots. Dunno why it happens.

AJ Newkirk has released a new version of Siyah rebranded as "AJK". If you have more kernel panics, give that a try and see if it fixes things up for you.

No it wasn't a reboot spike, my phone went into a download sort of mode and the screen said kernel panic mode and it was in my pocket for a while like that

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandrumheller

Fwiw, I'm seeing a marked improvement in screen on times with the stock cm kernel vs. Siyah/ajk. Granted I've run neither for long enough yet to really tell due to aj's insane release rate, but I'm comfortably hitting close to 4 hours screen on with cm, and I was struggling to get close to 3 with siyah. Same apps, stock or nearly stock settings on both (obviously cm stock settings are pretty different from siyah stock). No noticeable performance difference. Reported deep sleep percentages were in line, given the difference in screen on time. No glaring differences in wake locks.

Gonna keep looking to see if I can track down what's causing the difference...

I had a profile on aj's kernel running over 1 day battery life with three hours plus screen on time or 4-5 hours screen on with around 15 hours battery life

Last edited by Droidmissionary; 18th February 2013 at 06:30 AM.
18th February 2013, 03:01 PM   |  #57  
Southern Maine / Seacoast NH
Thanks Meter: 716

2,468 posts
More
Quote:

No it wasn't a reboot spike, my phone went into a download sort of mode and the screen said kernel panic mode and it was in my pocket for a while like that

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

I had a profile on aj's kernel running over 1 day battery life with three hours plus screen on time or 4-5 hours screen on with around 15 hours battery life

Cool, thanks for the additional confirmation that it's possible. I've seen other posts indicating that as well. Just gonna have to dig into the settings to get it doing that for me!

18th February 2013, 04:13 PM   |  #58  
Flag Tulsa, Ok

878 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandrumheller

Cool, thanks for the additional confirmation that it's possible. I've seen other posts indicating that as well. Just gonna have to dig into the settings to get it doing that for me!

Depending on if performance or battery is your preference, I was running the battery profile and using sleepy governors for both awake and sleep.. I can help you with duplicating my set up if needed

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

I'm not complaining, just merely asking if you all think it will happen, but, I've noticed some roms appear to use pie while keeping the status bar active. Not utilizing expanded mode I guess, at least the screen shots appear that way.. will it happen here as well? I like the expanded version of pie but hate losing the status bar to get it

18th February 2013, 04:48 PM   |  #59  
OP Senior Member
Flag Raleigh, NC
Thanks Meter: 743

619 posts
More
Quote:

I'm not complaining, just merely asking if you all think it will happen, but, I've noticed some roms appear to use pie while keeping the status bar active. Not utilizing expanded mode I guess, at least the screen shots appear that way.. will it happen here as well? I like the expanded version of pie but hate losing the status bar to get it

Yes, it is possible to use Pie while keeping the status bar. Turn "Expanded Desktop" off and you get both.
18th February 2013, 09:02 PM   |  #60  
Flag Tulsa, Ok

878 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm referring to the expanded type of pie I guess where it shows the time and status information not just the buttons

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.2, jellybean, pacman, paranoid
Previous Thread Next Thread