Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,988 Members 55,180 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gallery app Picasa/Google+ sync is broken here.

Tip us?

dandar
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Gallery app Picasa/Google+ sync is broken here.

Does anyone know how to fix it? Apparently there is no stock gallery apk on this phone, only one for vzw with link to their cloud backup services which are a paid option. Conveniently for vzw the picasa/google+ sync is broken.

bigbarrel
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I would like to know how to fix this too. Use Google+ as a workaround to get at your web albums.

koftheworld
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbarrel View Post
I would like to know how to fix this too. Use Google+ as a workaround to get at your web albums.
You can't download from there.what you have to do is dl the linked https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7n...WwtQWZWek10M0Uapk, move to /system/app, change permissions to rw-r-r and then reboot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to koftheworld For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

msjohnson2868
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandar View Post
Does anyone know how to fix it? Apparently there is no stock gallery apk on this phone, only one for vzw with link to their cloud backup services which are a paid option. Conveniently for vzw the picasa/google+ sync is broken.
Success!

Rooted, copied the stock ICS gallery apk to system/app, renamed Motgallery2.apk to Motgallery2.apk.old, renamed stock OCS gallery to Motgallery2.apk, and VOILA. Works like a charm.

Root method from XDA

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1943851

The Following User Says Thank You to msjohnson2868 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alcor34
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default It's Not Broken - It's excluded

This is the link from the moto site with instructions on how to view online albums.. It is set that way intentionally which is quite annoying.

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,8579

afmracer6
Old
(Last edited by afmracer6; 28th October 2012 at 01:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by koftheworld View Post
You can't download from there.what you have to do is dl the linked https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7n...WwtQWZWek10M0Uapk, move to /system/app, change permissions to rw-r-r and then reboot.

thanks for this! worked perfect
i used ES file explorer. went to settings and enabled all the root settings.
then just copy and paste. hit me up if you have questions!

jacomoman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by afmracer6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by koftheworld View Post
Yes, definitely thanks for this. It worked great for me as well. The only additional thing I did (not sure if I had to, but just to be safe) I also changed the file ownership to root:root. After copying the ownership was something like system:sdcard_rw. So since the ownership on the original file was root:root I figured not to take any chances and change the renamed file ownership to the same thing.

What a thing for Verizon to do. I swear, if they had any serious competition they couldn't pull crap like this.

galpdawg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacomoman View Post
Yes, definitely thanks for this. It worked great for me as well. The only additional thing I did (not sure if I had to, but just to be safe) I also changed the file ownership to root:root. After copying the ownership was something like system:sdcard_rw. So since the ownership on the original file was root:root I figured not to take any chances and change the renamed file ownership to the same thing.

What a thing for Verizon to do. I swear, if they had any serious competition they couldn't pull crap like this.
can someone help me i downloaded a srtock gallery apk. changed the permissions and renamed but apk wont install and the gallery keeps crashing

sheriffdude
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Smile root

Quote:
Originally Posted by afmracer6 View Post

hi do i have to have phone rooted to do this just got it new so not rooted yet if not how do i move it to system as thats not showing up in files .had my old defy rooted on jellybean but not kean on this 1 just being new as i no you cant get skygo when rooted not that we can get it anyway as it says rooted even when its not ..or iplayer or candy cruch ....still love the phone so far ...i have the razor i ..and this gallery will not install from where i have it

koftheworld
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Default Re: Gallery app Picasa/Google+ sync is broken here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriffdude View Post
hi do i have to have phone rooted to do this just got it new so not rooted yet if not how do i move it to system as thats not showing up in files .had my old defy rooted on jellybean but not kean on this 1 just being new as i no you cant get skygo when rooted not that we can get it anyway as it says rooted even when its not ..or iplayer or candy cruch ....still love the phone so far ...i have the razor i ..and this gallery will not install from where i have it
You have to be rooted to access the system area... btw why are you posting here if you have a razr I?