Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more
Post Reply

Gallery app Picasa/Google+ sync is broken here.

OP dandar

20th October 2012, 06:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
51 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Does anyone know how to fix it? Apparently there is no stock gallery apk on this phone, only one for vzw with link to their cloud backup services which are a paid option. Conveniently for vzw the picasa/google+ sync is broken.
20th October 2012, 07:21 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
122 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
More
I would like to know how to fix this too. Use Google+ as a workaround to get at your web albums.
20th October 2012, 07:36 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Central NJ
Thanks Meter: 208
 
795 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbarrel

I would like to know how to fix this too. Use Google+ as a workaround to get at your web albums.

You can't download from there.what you have to do is dl the linked https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7n...WwtQWZWek10M0Uapk, move to /system/app, change permissions to rw-r-r and then reboot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to koftheworld For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st October 2012, 01:40 AM   |  #4  
msjohnson2868's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Oglethorpe, GA
Thanks Meter: 1
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandar

Does anyone know how to fix it? Apparently there is no stock gallery apk on this phone, only one for vzw with link to their cloud backup services which are a paid option. Conveniently for vzw the picasa/google+ sync is broken.

Success!

Rooted, copied the stock ICS gallery apk to system/app, renamed Motgallery2.apk to Motgallery2.apk.old, renamed stock OCS gallery to Motgallery2.apk, and VOILA. Works like a charm.

Root method from XDA

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1943851

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to msjohnson2868 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd October 2012, 06:58 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
It's Not Broken - It's excluded
This is the link from the moto site with instructions on how to view online albums.. It is set that way intentionally which is quite annoying.


https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,8579
28th October 2012, 01:40 AM   |  #6  
afmracer6's Avatar
Senior Member
RENO NEVADA
Thanks Meter: 48
 
508 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by koftheworld

You can't download from there.what you have to do is dl the linked https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7n...WwtQWZWek10M0Uapk, move to /system/app, change permissions to rw-r-r and then reboot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

thanks for this! worked perfect
i used ES file explorer. went to settings and enabled all the root settings.
then just copy and paste. hit me up if you have questions!
Last edited by afmracer6; 28th October 2012 at 01:57 AM.
6th November 2012, 04:56 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by afmracer6

thanks for this! worked perfect
i used ES file explorer. went to settings and enabled all the root settings.
then just copy and paste. hit me up if you have questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koftheworld

You can't download from there.what you have to do is dl the linked https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7n...WwtQWZWek10M0Uapk, move to /system/app, change permissions to rw-r-r and then reboot.

Yes, definitely thanks for this. It worked great for me as well. The only additional thing I did (not sure if I had to, but just to be safe) I also changed the file ownership to root:root. After copying the ownership was something like system:sdcard_rw. So since the ownership on the original file was root:root I figured not to take any chances and change the renamed file ownership to the same thing.

What a thing for Verizon to do. I swear, if they had any serious competition they couldn't pull crap like this.
9th December 2012, 11:32 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacomoman

Yes, definitely thanks for this. It worked great for me as well. The only additional thing I did (not sure if I had to, but just to be safe) I also changed the file ownership to root:root. After copying the ownership was something like system:sdcard_rw. So since the ownership on the original file was root:root I figured not to take any chances and change the renamed file ownership to the same thing.

What a thing for Verizon to do. I swear, if they had any serious competition they couldn't pull crap like this.

can someone help me i downloaded a srtock gallery apk. changed the permissions and renamed but apk wont install and the gallery keeps crashing
18th February 2013, 04:17 AM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Smile root
Quote:
Originally Posted by afmracer6

thanks for this! worked perfect
i used ES file explorer. went to settings and enabled all the root settings.
then just copy and paste. hit me up if you have questions!


hi do i have to have phone rooted to do this just got it new so not rooted yet if not how do i move it to system as thats not showing up in files .had my old defy rooted on jellybean but not kean on this 1 just being new as i no you cant get skygo when rooted not that we can get it anyway as it says rooted even when its not ..or iplayer or candy cruch ....still love the phone so far ...i have the razor i ..and this gallery will not install from where i have it
18th February 2013, 01:00 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Flag Central NJ
Thanks Meter: 208
 
795 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Re: Gallery app Picasa/Google+ sync is broken here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriffdude

hi do i have to have phone rooted to do this just got it new so not rooted yet if not how do i move it to system as thats not showing up in files .had my old defy rooted on jellybean but not kean on this 1 just being new as i no you cant get skygo when rooted not that we can get it anyway as it says rooted even when its not ..or iplayer or candy cruch ....still love the phone so far ...i have the razor i ..and this gallery will not install from where i have it

You have to be rooted to access the system area... btw why are you posting here if you have a razr I?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in RAZR HD Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank